Extra note:
    You shouldn't run this server on your laptop when connected to an open or public network. So just manually start and shut the application down. When installing TightVNC you should uncheck 'Register TightVNC Server as a system service'. Maybe something like Teamviewer is better for most non technical users. Teamviewer uses strong encryption.

Chromecast is not being easy on us BB10 users. None of the casting apps I tried worked. For some of you who want to cast anyway VNC is a good option. Setup your desktop or laptop as VNC server with a free application like TightVNC and control your desktop from your phone with a VNC Viewer like RealVNC from the Play Store (SNAP). The pro over an easy app like TeamViewer is that none of your data goes outside your private network. You simply connect your phone with your desktop without an external server. You actually should only use this VNC on your LAN because it doesn't come with encryption. On your laptop/desktop you need to install Chrome as your browser and you install the needed Google Cast plugin. Now when you surf to YouTube or Netflix you can cast directly from your desktop/laptop to the Chromecast using your BB10 device as the remote. Also you can use all kinds of addons available on Chrome browser.

Need to say I still need to figure out the correct settings for TightVNC . Bu they have a website with several manuals. http://www.tightvnc.com/ and for the manuals http://www.tightvnc.com/docs.php

You have two modes. Service and Application. The service modes starts up at the moment the computer starts. The application mode I think you have to start it yourself. For this use I chose application mode because I don't need the VNC server process running constantly.
    Last edited by ChicaneBT; 07-29-15 at 08:41 PM.
    07-29-15 03:48 PM
    Just a note for anyone who hasn't invested in a Chromecast as yet. The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter allows you to fully display everything from a miracast-capable BB 10 device. No work-arounds necessary.
    07-29-15 04:46 PM
    Miracast is different from Chromecast. Miracast is like a wireless HDMI cable.

For example playing YouTube vids.
    Miracast: Android phone sends YT vid to Miracast, the Miracast displays the vid on the TV. The connection is between device and Miracast.
    Chromecast: Android phone sends YT link to Chromecast, the Chromecast streams the video directly from YT. The connection is now between Chromecast and internet not utilizing the device other than as a remote.
    07-29-15 05:22 PM
    Miracast is different from Chromecast. Miracast is like a wireless HDMI cable.

For example playing YouTube vids.
    Miracast: Android phone sends YT vid to Miracast, the Miracast displays the vid on the TV. The connection is between device and Miracast.
    Chromecast: Android phone sends YT link to Chromecast, the Chromecast streams the video directly from YT. The connection is now between Chromecast and internet not utilizing the device other than as a remote.
    Agreed. I used Cast for BlackBerry to connect YouTube and the browser from my device to my Chromecast. It worked great.

But I find the Microsoft option better. Displaying anything from any of my BB10 devices, or my laptop to the TV or a monitor is so much more satisfying.

It all boils down to what you're trying to achieve.
    07-29-15 11:33 PM
    I have to say the whole controls of RealVNC take some time to get used to. Now I know how to control it proper it works pretty neat . You can almost do everything with your Chromecast. For easier controls you can even use your Blackberry Playbook with VNC app as your Chromecast remote .
    08-07-15 07:05 PM
    I am going to get this. You can find many videos on how it works and it's wireless with no WIFI needed enjoy
    VNC + BB10 = Chromecast remote-img_20150808_051819.png

Netgear push to tv PTV3000
    Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 05:19 AM