Hi,

I am not sure if this is a BB10 issue or just specific to the Z10 but I have several e-mail addresses which end in either @ntlworld.com or @virginmedia.com all of which have the same problem.

When I send an e-mail from my Z10, either freshly composed or a reply, the e-mail appears in the Hub, is sent and gets a tick then a few seconds later just dissapears from the Phone leaving no way to find what has been sent, it doesn't appear in my on-line account either but it does reach the recipient.

If I attach a BCC to myself the 'ticked' sent mail then does appear in the Hub, sometimes it dissapears and then re-appears a little while later but it does stay on the list so I then have two copies of the same thing one received and one sent.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so is it still a problem or have you found a way to make it work properly?

I have tried 5 different Z10's, spent an hour with an O2 Guru and had 4 different OS versions both official and leaked, to try and find a solution to this and am now turning to the font of all BB knowledge in the hope that someone has found or can suggest an answer.

The Sent folder is set to Sync (Greyed out so cannot change it anyway)
    It is set to IMAP Port 993 and SMTP Port 465 with SSL Encryption enabled for both
    Using push if supported
    Download messages while roaming is off (only relavent since 10.2.1.1055 loaded)
    Append messages to sent Folder is on (only relavent since 10.2.1.1055 loaded)

Any suggestions?
    11-26-13 04:03 PM
    What's listed under "Folders to Sync"?
    11-27-13 06:21 AM
    WOW this would be frustrating. I'm sorry I haven't got either of those two email accounts.

I wonder if you would create an Outlook and just do a forwarding? Assuming you find no better solution.
    11-27-13 06:24 AM
    Thanks Lendo!!!!!
    11-27-13 06:24 AM
    Inbox
    Drafts
    Sent

These are ticked

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 06:46 AM
    WOW this would be frustrating. I'm sorry I haven't got either of those two email accounts.

I wonder if you would create an Outlook and just do a forwarding? Assuming you find no better solution.
    Like you would not believe, there is the BCC work around I will use until I can find a solution, it would be much easier if BB10 had an auto BCC function though!

I don't really want to go down the Outlook route if possible but thanks for the suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 06:53 AM
    I have the same issue on my Ntlworld, I know they're the same server. Help?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 02:45 PM
    I have the same issue on my Ntlworld, I know they're the same server. Help?

Posted via CB10
    Is that on a Z10 or a different BB10 device?

I'm just trying to get an idea if this is a BB10 or device related problem.

I guess it could also be a problem between my Network and Virgin, are you on Virgin mobile or another network, I'm with O2?
    11-27-13 05:06 PM
    When you search for the message later, does the phone find it?
    11-27-13 07:22 PM
    Is that on a Z10 or a different BB10 device?

I'm just trying to get an idea if this is a BB10 or device related problem.

I guess it could also be a problem between my Network and Virgin, are you on Virgin mobile or another network, I'm with O2?
    It happened on my Z10 for a while, it did work at one point, I think it was after 10.1. It's never worked on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:47 PM
    When you search for the message later, does the phone find it?
    Hi, just tested this and no it doesn't find the sent message once it has disappeared.

I searched both within the Hub and did a general search.

Thanks for the suggestion

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:19 AM
    It happened on my Z10 for a while, it did work at one point, I think it was after 10.1. It's never worked on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I have also heard it is a problem on the Q5 so would assume it's a BB10 issue?

Posted via CB10
    cheadlender likes this.
    11-28-13 11:27 AM
    Hi did anybody get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same problem, also with virgin. My Gmail has no problem....
    01-13-14 07:45 AM
    It's odd isn't it, Virgin use the Gmail server, go figure that one!

I have been tweeting the BlackBerry team and after a bit of ping pong they asked me to get my airtime provider (O2 in my case) to raise a ticket with them 'as it's such a complicated issue' (which I haven't had the time to do yet).

I would suggest anyone who has this problem does the same which may give the problem more weight and get it up the list.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:23 PM
    By the way I have also posted on the Virgin Forum but Virgin seem to be ignoring the problem as other people on the forum have the same issue with no resolution.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:28 PM
    Go to settings ->Display and Actions and make sure that 'Show Sent Messages' is turned on.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:15 PM
    I have tried this, I'm not sure what OS you're using but there is no Display and Actions in my Settings Menu, maybe I'm missing something?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 04:38 AM
    Sorry you mean the Hub Settings, and yes I do have display sent messages set to on.

Thanks for the thought though.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 04:41 AM
    Well I think I have cracked this one, yes something the combined Brain power of Virgin Media and Blackberry Help couldn't do, I think I have managed to do.

If you do the following on the Server side (Sign into your e-mail account on-line) sent e-mails will remain on your Phone:

Go into Settings
    Click on Labels
    Uncheck the box which says Show in IMAP for 'sent mail'

Thats it, job done.

Check on your phone in settings, accounts, go into the account you are working on, scroll to the bottom and go into Edit Folder Settings and you should now see that the 'sent' checkbox which was ticked and greyed out is now unchecked!!

This does of course mean, for some reason best known to Virgin Media (or maybe they don't have a clue why), that you still won't have any messages sent from Your BB10 Phone on the server but at least they will be kept on your Phone!

Let us all know if this works for you!

Good luck!!
    Varley likes this.
    03-09-14 06:43 PM
    Well I think I have cracked this one, yes something the combined Brain power of Virgin Media and Blackberry Help couldn't do, I think I have managed to do.

If you do the following on the Server side (Sign into your e-mail account on-line) sent e-mails will remain on your Phone:

Go into Settings
    Click on Labels
    Uncheck the box which says Show in IMAP for 'sent mail'

Thats it, job done.

Check on your phone in settings, accounts, go into the account you are working on, scroll to the bottom and go into Edit Folder Settings and you should now see that the 'sent' checkbox which was ticked and greyed out is now unchecked!!

This does of course mean, for some reason best known to Virgin Media (or maybe they don't have a clue why), that you still won't have any messages sent from Your BB10 Phone on the server but at least they will be kept on your Phone!

Let us all know if this works for you!

Good luck!!
    Have had this problem too, and can confirm that your workaround does indeed work for me. Bit of a ball ache but at least I'll now know if my mail has been sent or not! Will just need to remember to bcc myself in on any mail sent from phone. Hopefully this can be resolved properly soon.
    03-19-14 06:28 PM
    Have had this problem too, and can confirm that your workaround does indeed work for me. Bit of a ball ache but at least I'll now know if my mail has been sent or not! Will just need to remember to bcc myself in on any mail sent from phone. Hopefully this can be resolved properly soon.
    Yeah the BCC thing was a huge ball ache as if you forgot to do it you were screwed!

At least with this workaround if you do forget you can do it at a later date.

I found myself forgetting occasionally and unless the recipient replied I never had a record of what I sent, a big problem if it was a lengthy message!

Also I found on occasion when I BCC myself the messages would remain unread and keep popping up on the lock screen which is not good either.

Glad to hear it works for you as well though, Virgin Media have said they will look into this problem now I posted this workaround on their forum but I won't be holding my breath waiting for their response.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:43 PM