I find that if I have a video playing in the Browser window, it eventually stops playing and other apps that I have open like Word to Go will crash and have to be restarted. Does anyone else find this? Kinda annoying because I have to watch lecture videos for an online course that I'm taking while making notes on Word to Go, and I have to periodically close and restart all my already open apps, and hunt for where the video stopped playing. The entire OS doesn't stop though, just the apps that are open. Anyone else encounter this or have a fix? Yes I am running the latest available official OS on an unlocked Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 07:13 AM
    probably not enough free memory to do both things. Don't really know if there is a solution but to close all apps you can find running while you watch these videos
    01-30-17 07:30 AM
    Too much ram consumed. Check what else is running that you don't need.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    01-30-17 12:54 PM
    I've tried checking if too much RAM is consumed and that doesn't appear to be the problem. Even if the only app I have running is the video, it still randomly crashes. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 08:39 AM
    I've tried checking if too much RAM is consumed and that doesn't appear to be the problem. Even if the only app I have running is the video, it still randomly crashes. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    Where's the video coming from? Is it from a website? Maybe the website is too heavy for the browser, plus the actual video itself.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 10:44 AM
    Where's the video coming from? Is it from a website? Maybe the website is too heavy for the browser, plus the actual video itself.

Posted via CB10
    The video is from a university website, for an online course that I'm taking.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 10:59 PM
    The videos I am watching, I should note, are quite lengthy too up to hour long lectures that I am streaming. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 07:51 AM
    The videos I am watching, I should note, are quite lengthy too up to hour long lectures that I am streaming. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Posted via CB10
    Can you download it instead? I'm thinking your browser is force to cache lots of things.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 11:33 AM
    I doubt the video length makes the difference. I stream on YT via the browser for very lengthy music mixes, easily more than 1-2 hours.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    02-07-17 02:22 PM
    Does anyone else have any suggestions? The browser still crashes with lengthy videos.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 09:02 AM
    Do you have any Android apps installed on your phone?
    03-05-17 10:41 AM
    Do you have any Android apps installed on your phone?
    I do, but what would that have to do with it? None of the Android apps are running when the Browser crashes occur.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 04:40 PM
    I do, but what would that have to do with it? None of the Android apps are running when the Browser crashes occur.

Posted via CB10
    Are you force closing them with something like ghost commander? If not, they are likely still "running".

Also, I have found that some of them interfere with other functions of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Invictus0 likes this.
    03-05-17 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Emaderton is correct, Android apps should be closed through Device monitor or a similar program, otherwise they could still be running on the device even if the active frame is closed which can cause issues.
    03-05-17 06:00 PM
    Well, seeing how Android was suggested to be the issue, I found out that I hadn't yet installed the latest Android Runtime in BlackBerry World. I have since installed it and now my videos work without crashing! Let's hope this fix is permanent! Thanks for the help everyone!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 11:48 PM
    Check power settings. There is a setting that reduces the processor power to save battery life. That setting causes death to apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 03:27 AM
    Okay well, I thought that installing the Android Runtime would work, but seems like the video crashing issue is still occurring; although, it seems to take longer now before the video actually will crash.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 11:36 PM
    Okay well, I thought that installing the Android Runtime would work, but seems like the video crashing issue is still occurring; although, it seems to take longer now before the video actually will crash.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried closing Android apps as suggested above? Since you had to install the runtime update you should download Ghost Commander and delete any Android apps that you tried to uninstall but couldn't because of the bug.
    03-12-17 10:55 AM