I noticed earlier during the demonstration when Vivek was showing the car video running he'd do the peek into the hub thing yet the video kept playing.

Wouldn't it make more sense to pause the video when it's off-screen, or at least make this customizable? It's not like you're watching the video when you're reading an email...
    01-30-13 09:28 PM
    You can pause it, then do other things if you like.....
    1oo1 likes this.
    01-30-13 09:29 PM
    The whole point lf BB10 is to have true multitasking...like a computer. Applications running in real time simultaneously. Maybe you can change it like you can on the PlayBook, I don't know.
    01-30-13 09:32 PM
    That's great news!
    01-30-13 09:36 PM
    Just had someone try it. Without any changes, the "Videos" app pauses on peek. What was shown during the launch was a browser playing a video (youtube?)... that continues playing during "peek" but if you follow/flow through all the way to hub then it pauses...
    01-30-13 09:44 PM
    Just had someone try it. Without any changes, the "Videos" app pauses on peek. What was shown during the launch was a browser playing a video (youtube?)... that continues playing during "peek" but if you follow/flow through all the way to hub then it pauses...
    Really?? Hope that's an option like the PB with showcase mode. Even though that still doesn't work on everything. But I would personally prefer my media not to pause when I peek
    01-30-13 09:47 PM
    When 3/4 of your video is off the screen when you're peeking, why would you want it to keep playing?
    ritesh likes this.
    01-30-13 09:53 PM
    Could be watching it mainly for the music. Or maybe you're writing down a quote from a movie. A few things you could do with it.
    01-30-13 10:17 PM
    You're writing down movie quotes while reading emails in the hub. Ok. Forget I asked.
    01-30-13 10:34 PM
    Just throwing stuff out there, who knows what you could be using it for. I would probably never do that. Maybe you're watching a movie on your phone and it's one you've seen a few times so you don't feel the need to pause it while you send a message.
    01-30-13 10:36 PM
    I use youtube to play music so I wouldn't want the video to stop.
    01-30-13 11:39 PM
    you could be "watching" youtube video because of music like others have said, you could be transcribing, you could be watching a live event on youtube and would want to continue hearing audio at least while you checked your email, replied to text etc. Does your desktop/browser pause youtube videos when you switch the focus to outlook?

The problem here is, if the video paused, then people would complain it should keep playing, if it keeps playing then you at least have the option of pausing it (if needed) before switching...sigh
    01-31-13 01:44 AM