Z10 videos play fine if I click on them in file manager, but when I click on them using the stock "Videos" app, I hear audio but just a black blank screen. If I touch the blank screen it stops and sticks me back out to the list of videos. Tried soft and hard reboots, no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted via Z30 on CB10.
    11-04-15 01:08 PM
    Actually when I touch the screen it doesn't boot me out, it either does nothing, or sometimes the video will flicker on for a second then back to black. When it flickers on, there are no Video controls visible. Only way to exit is to swipe up and close Videos app.

Posted via Z30 on CB10.
    11-04-15 01:13 PM
    The same with my Passport here, version 10.3.2.2836 OS is .2876 did anybody find anything about it? How to hard reset the device? Is data lost when I hard reset?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 08:20 AM
    Have the same problem with my Z30, you can only see videos by opening through the file manager. From the Red app, you can only hear the corresponding audio. And it does like that even after rebooting the phone. I would gratefully receive some advice about that, Thank you all!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 02:53 PM
    Hi, I did a Blackberry Secure Wipe with the on board OS, after initial setup, the video app played every video, picture and sound in synch no problems....
    After successfully testing around, I recovered via the Desktop Software Blackberry Link and restored all apps and info and files from full backup I made before. Immediately after this I tested the "video" app and it is not working properly anymore. And again, playing video files via file browser works.
    Is it an App which makes problems ( Android ports...), is it a setting in the OS?
    ( I also found that settings in Whatsapp like ringtone was not backed up. )
    Maybe we will never get a solution without wiping, as Blackberry does not any more invest in BBOS10 :-(
    06-06-16 01:51 AM