Good day all,

In the past few days, I've noticed that video recording will sometimes freeze and resume on my Q10. I haven't updated to a new OS recently or added any apps. It just started doing this. I've tried to reboot and do the battery pull, to no avail. I'm set at 1080p , video stabilization is on. Short of a defect, any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks.
    12-28-16 12:21 PM
    Are you recording to the device memory or an SD card?
    12-28-16 01:37 PM
    Recording to an SD card which I have always done with no issue.
    12-28-16 01:51 PM
    Recording to an SD card which I have always done with no issue.
    It could be a sign of a problem with the SD card, I suggest testing it in a computer:
    https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...ard-for-errors
    If you have free space on the device memory, try a couple test recordings saved to there and see if the symptoms persist.
    The will help rule out SD issues and narrow down the search for the issue.
    12-28-16 02:34 PM
    I had the same issue when I swapped my sd card from q10 to pp.

Bought a newer faster sd card, issue solved.

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    12-28-16 02:44 PM
    I will try to record to the device directly and see. But this card has been working flawlessly up until a few days ago. If this was in fact the issue, would it not have started from the time I started using it?
    12-28-16 02:47 PM
    I will try to record to the device directly and see. But this card has been working flawlessly up until a few days ago. If this was in fact the issue, would it not have started from the time I started using it?
    Things can break.... at any time..... just sayin'

Plus as each memory "cell" on a SD card, and other types of flash memory, gets "used up" by it either storing a bit or it have had stored a bit that has been deleted, the file system has to look for the next available cell to use for the next bit. After a long time of usage, it runs out of "next available cells" and then has to go back an look for the empty cells that had been used, but were deleted, before. This adds time to the data write and can slow things down.
    This can be fixed by copying off all the data and then formatting the SD card in the device or by using a SD Formatting utility on a computer to reset all the cells. Then copy your stuff back on and the "next available cells" will be back and ready to be written too.
    12-28-16 03:01 PM
    Things can break.... at any time..... just sayin'
    Yes obviously, I thought you were first referring to an actual manufacturing defect as opposed to "things can break". But thanks for the info. I'm gonna try your suggestion.
    12-28-16 04:27 PM
    This happened to me after having no problems with my sd card for about 3/4 years. Didn't bother change the memory card but saved videos to internal memory and had no issues since. After recording I just move the file to the memory card.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    12-29-16 06:55 AM