If you want to add PlayBook video chat to a contacts profile, how do you do that?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 04:17 PM
    I think if you add the email that's tied to the BBID of the PlayBook it should give you the option. I'll have to double check.
    09-17-14 04:24 PM
    Yeah, I think this is BORKED now. I noticed this 2 or 3 weeks ago...

You would have simply added a contact's email address (aka BBID) - and a green "playbook video chat" icon would appear for that contact. It was located just below the BBM/BBM Voice icons in the users contact detail. I think a recent build of BBM busted this (I'm on BBM 10.4.3.8).

This annoys me a lot - but how many Crackberrrians still call playbooks for video chat?
    09-17-14 04:51 PM
    Yeah, this annoys me a lot too...
    I still use multiple Playbooks doing video chat and am quite annoyed I can't initiate a call from BB10 call to playbook, only the other way around.
    marknmel likes this.
    09-17-14 04:57 PM
    When someone figures this out I'd like to try the chat feature. I'm from Northern Calif.
    09-18-14 10:21 PM
    I call my dad's PlayBook a couple times every month. He has a company issued torch, so no video chat there. I just tap it in my notifications and it starts the call
    09-18-14 10:26 PM
    I had my girlfriend call me from her PlayBook now I have lost the ability to video chat on my phone. How do I get it back?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by frisco49ers; 09-18-14 at 10:58 PM.
    09-18-14 10:47 PM
    What do you mean "you lost it"?
    09-18-14 11:02 PM
    Yeah, I think this is BORKED now. I noticed this 2 or 3 weeks ago...

You would have simply added a contact's email address (aka BBID) - and a green "playbook video chat" icon would appear for that contact. It was located just below the BBM/BBM Voice icons in the users contact detail. I think a recent build of BBM busted this (I'm on BBM 10.4.3.8).

This annoys me a lot - but how many Crackberrrians still call playbooks for video chat?

This has been the case for a while now. For all my contacts that had Playbooks, the icon is now missing. Instead it's been replaced by a "Invite to BBM" icon even though the person is already a BBM contact. I've found that if you call someone Playbook to phone, it works. But you cannot call from phone to Playbook.

A work around is if they call you from the Playbook and you don't answer, you'll get a "Missed" chat in your HUB. If you click on that, I believe it will call their Playbook. Otherwise, there is no other way to call from your phone to their Playbook.
    marknmel likes this.
    09-18-14 11:23 PM
    Now since she called from PlayBook to my phone I can't make any video chat calls to anyone or voice calls thru BBM, anyone else experience this? Says connecting to video services. Please wait and try later.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:48 AM
    Now since she called from PlayBook to my phone I can't make any video chat calls to anyone or voice calls thru BBM, anyone else experience this? Says connecting to video services. Please wait and try later.

Posted via CB10
    That's not good... I would start by trying a reset on the device. Hold your volume up and down keys simultaneously until the device reboots
    09-19-14 12:04 PM