WhatsApp can't seem be of use. It always redirects me for audio calls only; can't install skype due to network error something. Anyone knows an app that let's me call via video and is usable for the latest OS on q10. Thank you
    02-06-18 05:00 PM
    Try Zoom Cloud Meetings, from BBW! Anyway I tried the video call on WA android on my Passport and it worked well.

Posted via CB10
    SoundChaser007 likes this.
    02-06-18 05:25 PM
    What version of whatsapp do you use? Whnever I try to call via video call it redirects as an audio call. Anyway, I'll try the zoom cloud. Thanks
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-06-18 06:01 PM
    What version of whatsapp do you use? Whnever I try to call via video call it redirects as an audio call. Anyway, I'll try the zoom cloud. Thanks
    I did download and installed the last version of WhatsApp last week. I had a video call with my father: me with bb10 and he with Iphone7. All worked perfectly. I do not know if it helps, but both were under wifi.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-18 09:11 AM
    What version of skype you try to install? Check this out it still works "fine" for me on my Q10

conite
    Ambassador
    Last, and most up to date working version. Reboot after running the first time.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/s...-apk-download/
    02-07-18 02:55 PM
    What version of skype you try to install? Check this out it still works "fine" for me on my Q10

conite
    Ambassador
    Last, and most up to date working version. Reboot after running the first time.

02-07-18 03:24 PM
    Will it not drain the battery fast?

Sent from my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    02-07-18 04:55 PM
    Will it not drain the battery fast?

Sent from my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    They all do.
    02-07-18 05:12 PM
    I will suggest skype lite apk works well

Postia via BlackBerry Passport
    02-07-18 10:58 PM
    I will suggest skype lite apk works well

Can that do video calls, though?
    02-08-18 07:21 AM
    The chat and voice call works perfectly
    While video didn't test it out
    But I'm sure. It work

Also install messenger lite(facebook)
    Voice works perfectly video still not tested it out

mh1983 likes this.
    02-08-18 07:30 AM
    The chat and voice call works perfectly
    While video didn't test it out
    But I'm sure. It work

Also install messenger lite(facebook)
    Voice works perfectly video still not tested it out

Skype Lite can video call, Messenger Lite cannot.
    mh1983 likes this.
    02-08-18 08:48 AM
    so perfect it works than, this can help users for period of time till something can come up
    02-08-18 09:12 AM
    I use IMO apk.
    All good.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-18 10:38 AM
    So, to confirm, Skype Lite can do video calling and the Messenger Lite cannot.
    Good to know, considering I use FB messenger and recently purchased a BB PP.
    04-28-18 01:09 PM
    So, to confirm, Skype Lite can do video calling and the Messenger Lite cannot.
    Have you tried maybe voice calling on Meseenger Lite?

I am using lite (the latest version), and the phone (Q5) is ringing, can touch the green button, but the connection was never successful. 😭
    04-28-18 07:40 PM
    Have you tried maybe voice calling on Meseenger Lite?

I am using lite (the latest version), and the phone (Q5) is ringing, can touch the green button, but the connection was never successful.
    Biggest reason for moving on from BB10 to Android was that I couldn't get any connectivity on voice apps to make calls over data using ported apps from Android.
    Vladislavt likes this.
    04-28-18 07:44 PM
    Unfortunately I haven't, Just purchased a Passport yesterday and it's in transit now. Is it that bad?
    04-28-18 10:06 PM
    Unfortunately I haven't, Just purchased a Passport yesterday and it's in transit now. Is it that bad?
    Your experience may differ. I use Google Voice and Text Now for secondary lines. No problem with Android but on BB10 Passport I could not get voice calls to connect in consistent manner.
    04-28-18 10:43 PM
    I've never been able to get Skype to work on BB10 with video calls. I've tried the 'full' version and the 'lite' version (Also wasted some time with Nemory's stuff but got a refund as it didn't work either).

It runs but doesn't connect calls properly. I think I managed for a while to dial either in or out but not both. Such a shame!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 01:11 AM
    I do use Whatsapp from a BlackBerry Passport and I am able to call without problem (of course users who use WA). Same with Telegram, anyway in this case without video call.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 01:47 AM
    Your experience may differ. I use Google Voice and Text Now for secondary lines. No problem with Android but on BB10 Passport I could not get voice calls to connect in consistent manner.
    Ouch, Well Google Voice is my primary. I don't share my T-mobile line unless *absolutely* necessary. Otherwise all calls are directed to Google Voice, I also enrolled for their beta (Wifi) calling program and hoping to install the official app on my PP (if possible.)
    04-29-18 09:38 AM
    I do use Whatsapp from a BlackBerry Passport and I am able to call without problem (of course users who use WA). Same with Telegram, anyway in this case without video call.

Posted via CB10
    What apps allow Video calling? So far it sounds like Video Calling isn't a good possibility.
    04-29-18 09:39 AM