I've known for some time I get noticeably worse battery life while at my office. I didn't think this is related to LTE but I thought I'd verify. Attached is a print screen from BatteryGuru centered on about 9 AM on Friday. From 9 to 10 I had Airplane Mode on. From 10 to 11 I had LTE turned off. The average battery level change with LTE on and off is the same.

Attachment 167393

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:02 PM
    I've known for some time I get noticeably worse battery life while at my office. I didn't think this is related to LTE but I thought I'd verify. Attached is a print screen from BatteryGuru centered on about 9 AM on Friday. From 9 to 10 I had Airplane Mode on. From 10 to 11 I had LTE turned off. The average battery level change with LTE on and off is the same.

Attachment 167393

Posted via CB10
    So on both tests you didn't have LTE on?

Test 1= airplane mode= no radios on. -no LTE
    Test 2= LTE was off. -still no LTE.
    06-01-13 01:12 PM
    Ok, I tired this and now my phone will not send or receive phone calls......But I still have data service. I am on Verizon running a leaked OS at 10.1.0.1483 Anyone have any ideas?
    06-01-13 05:52 PM
    Ok, I tired this and now my phone will not send or receive phone calls......But I still have data service. I am on Verizon running a leaked OS at 10.1.0.1483 Anyone have any ideas?

Change the setting back.
    06-01-13 05:56 PM
    Change the setting back.

Thanks, but I have already tried that. And a reboot.
    06-01-13 05:57 PM
    Thanks, but I have already tried that. And a reboot.

You know there's different kinds of reboots, right?

If you just hold the power button down for a couple seconds and select "restart" that is what you might call a "soft restart".

If you hold the button down continuously for around 10 seconds, until you get the startup logo, the Blackberry logo and then the screen goes completely dark and stays there, you are powering-off the device completely, so that when you restart it by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds, it is more or less the same as a "battery pull", ie a "hard restart".

Might want to try that if you haven't already. But before you do, check to make sure the escreen setting hasn't set itself back to LTE off.
    06-01-13 06:27 PM
    You know there's different kinds of reboots, right?

If you just hold the power button down for a couple seconds and select "restart" that is what you might call a "soft restart".

If you hold the button down continuously for around 10 seconds, until you get the startup logo, the Blackberry logo and then the screen goes completely dark and stays there, you are powering-off the device completely, so that when you restart it by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds, it is more or less the same as a "battery pull", ie a "hard restart".

Might want to try that if you haven't already. But before you do, check to make sure the escreen setting hasn't set itself back to LTE off.

Thank you, I am going to try to figure this out....fingers crossed
    06-01-13 06:42 PM
    I must say, even though I'm just trying this today I've seen a great improvement in battery life already.

Posted with a flick of my thumb via CB10
    thenjustinsaid likes this.
    06-01-13 08:13 PM
    Well so far, I have no voice. Did a security swipe, loaded 10.1.0.2354 OS with the 10.1.0.1917 radio and while my data is working great, I still can not place or receive calls. Very troubling.

From doing some reading, it seems that my LTE antenna is working as that is how I have data, but the other 2 antennas are not, and that is why I am not able to place a call (Voice calls do not go through the LTE side from what I undestand). What setting under Enabled RAT's is everyone using for Verizon? I thought it was supposed to be on CDMA1X+EVDO+LTE for everything to be operational?

Update 2: I have lost mobile web and still have no voice ability, but text messaging works......what in the hell is going on here?
    Last edited by chuck1981; 06-01-13 at 10:45 PM. Reason: More Info
    06-01-13 08:15 PM
    Well so far, I have no voice. Did a security swipe, loaded 10.1.0.2354 OS with the 10.1.0.1917 radio and while my data is working great, I still can not place or receive calls. Very troubling.

From doing some reading, it seems that my LTE antenna is working as that is how I have data, but the other 2 antennas are not, and that is why I am not able to place a call (Voice calls do not go through the LTE side from what I undestand). What setting under Enabled RAT's is everyone using for Verizon? I thought it was supposed to be on CDMA1X+EVDO+LTE for everything to be operational?

Update 2: I have lost mobile web and still have no voice ability, but text messaging works......what in the hell is going on here?

Well not to be a PITA, but that's why they don't document that screen for users to mess around with.

Did you change ANYTHING there except the LTE setting?

Did you try calling the Verizon "programming" number (*228) - perhaps it needs to be re-activated or something?
    06-02-13 12:09 AM

That's the one I'm using and everything is working fine (I switched back to lte as I missed voice and data at the same time).

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    06-02-13 12:26 AM

I would suggest you post into the .2354 thread and ask people to help you. Chances are they can suggest a series of steps to try to restore the radio functionality. I don't really get into installing leaks on my devices so I'm not the best person to give advice on that.
    06-02-13 01:06 AM
    Hey, I appreciate the help. I snooped around in the escreen but didn't change anything, unless I did it inadvertently. I didn't want to mess with anything else for this exact reason lol. I'll keep at it, thanks for any and all help

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:11 AM
    ok ran into the same issue you are having. In the General Radio settings on the drop down box for scan mode switch that to (auto-a) make a test call. then switch back to AUTO once test call is complete. test call again and it should resolve your issue. Thats what fixed mine. Hope it works
    06-02-13 09:33 PM
    AT&T:
    LTE on / Wi-Fi off:
    Attachment 166899

LTE off / Wi-Fi off:
    Attachment 166900

Posted via CB10

This is scandalous. Proper LTE should get 50ms in ping and theoretical 50-100 Mbps which on busy network shouldn't get lower than 10-12 Mbps.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 03:23 PM
    has anyone tried access the escreen:\\ method on 10.2.0.1443? I can not get my Z10 to pop up the escreen after entering the code from the web site given in the top of the thread.
    09-13-13 10:59 AM
    Can't turn off LTE radio on AT&T Z10. How to?

JMDZ10
    10-29-13 12:15 PM
42 12