Thanks, mate!
    I should have added you could reinstall the new Verizon OS directly using the Live Links thread.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    07-06-15 10:28 PM
    So could you then install a newer 10.3.2 build over the official Verizon 10.3.2.858 so as to circumvent the kill switch? That is an option for you, right?

Via CB on my Verizon Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    All 10.3.2 builds have the kill switch. That's why they changed the number from 10.3.1.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-07-15 02:29 AM
    My VZW Z30 just says "you have the latest software" when I run the manual update check. I have updates off, running 10.3.2.2339 on an unlocked STA100-3. Will I eventually get the update, or is it blacklisted on my. 2339 install?

Posted via CB10
    2339 is quite a bit newer than 858. So, no. If it's working fine, don't consider downgrading.

It is not blacklisted, however. Only OSes prior to and including 10.3.2.658 are blacklisted.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-07-15 02:30 AM
    The only problem with this update is that "accounts " under settings won't open, I have hard reset multiple times

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 02:55 AM
    The only problem with this update is that "accounts " under settings won't open, I have hard reset multiple times

Posted via CB10
    This is not typical. Sounds like a problem was introduced during the update process.

See if it comes back after a couple of days. If not, you may need to do a security wipe.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    dan99x99 likes this.
    07-07-15 03:36 AM
    Deep into a critical project. What a mess. Once again, our old 99s will pull us thru. Sort this out when we get home. Grrr.
    Last edited by idssteve; 07-07-15 at 09:02 AM.
    07-07-15 05:21 AM
    What? No. Bell does not need to consult any American carrier to approve an update. An American law is not requiring a Canadian company to push an update to a Canadian phone. That's not how ANY of this works. If it's being pushed out as mandatory either your carrier or BlackBerry is responsible for that. Nobody else.

A lot of people seem to be misunderstanding the California kill switch law too. They are NOT required to push out updates to make phones people *already own* compliant. I've actually read the full text of the law. That isn't in it. Again, it's important to stress that this course of action is being taken because either the carrier or BlackBerry wishes to do so.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is is that Bell hasn't pushed the update yet. I got the update because Verizon pushed it. My mom's Z10 is still on 10.3.1.
    07-07-15 05:37 AM
    The thing is is that Bell hasn't pushed the update yet. I got the update because Verizon pushed it. My mom's Z10 is still on 10.3.1.
    If that's the case, it points to BlackBerry choosing to force your update then, NOT Verizon. I know it's trendy and makes people feel good to blame everything on America, but using some basic critical thinking skills should tell you the whole "everything is that country's fault" line of BS doesn't fit here.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 06:29 AM
    Got it, but for some reason my phone thinks it doesn't have enough space. Guess it's time for a reset.
    Never mind, just updated through Link
    Posted via CB10
    Move some of your files onto the memory card :-)
    07-07-15 08:03 AM
    If that's the case, it points to BlackBerry choosing to force your update then, NOT Verizon. I know it's trendy and makes people feel good to blame everything on America, but using some basic critical thinking skills should tell you the whole "everything is that country's fault" line of BS doesn't fit here.

Posted via CB10
    So then my device is being treated like a factory unlocked one? (Which might be more accurate anyway...it's an X00)
    07-07-15 09:14 AM
    Anybody try Easy tether pro I have to make sure it works or I'll lose my unlimited wifi hotspot?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:54 AM
    Mandatory update not for our good but the governments good, being honest.
    07-07-15 11:01 AM
    So then my device is being treated like a factory unlocked one? (Which might be more accurate anyway...it's an X00)
    I can't tell you why you would get the update. What I can tell you based on common knowledge of some basic things is the following:

We know that updates must be approved by the carrier, unless the device is factory unlocked.

We know that one carrier's decision to push an update or not has nothing to do with another carrier's decision on the matter. I pity anyone with a Sprint Q10.

We can view the full text of California's kill switch law, and you do not have to be a lawyer to interpret it. It's pretty well written and easy to follow if anyone cares. Bottom line, it doesn't require BlackBerry to force an update on any phone currently in the hands of any consumer. The idea that an American law requires forcing the update regardless of user preference is a misconception.

Having checked Sachesi just now, I can confirm that Bell is not currently pushing 10.3.2 as of this moment in time. Bell probably has nothing to do with your update. This is why your mother's Z10 hasn't updated.

Unless your PIN accidentally fell into a list of Verizon device PINs that BlackBerry used to force Verizon customers to update like it or not, it's safe to say that neither Verizon or "America" has anything to do with the reason why a Canadian company is updating a Canadian phone. What do you mean by "X00)" however?
    07-07-15 11:57 AM
    I did the OTA update from Verizon on my Z10. I was running the last updated 10.2 OS from Verizon. Everything seemed to work after the upgrade but after receiving a call, the phone became unresponsive to emails and calls. I restarted it and it appears to be working again, but who knows for how long. Anyone else upgrade from 10.2 OTA and having similar problems?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-07-15 12:15 PM
    I can't tell you why you would get the update. What I can tell you based on common knowledge of some basic things is the following:

We know that updates must be approved by the carrier, unless the device is factory unlocked.

We know that one carrier's decision to push an update or not has nothing to do with another carrier's decision on the matter. I pity anyone with a Sprint Q10.

We can view the full text of California's kill switch law, and you do not have to be a lawyer to interpret it. It's pretty well written and easy to follow if anyone cares. Bottom line, it doesn't require BlackBerry to force an update on any phone currently in the hands of any consumer. The idea that an American law requires forcing the update regardless of user preference is a misconception.

Having checked Sachesi just now, I can confirm that Bell is not currently pushing 10.3.2 as of this moment in time. Bell probably has nothing to do with your update. This is why your mother's Z10 hasn't updated.

Unless your PIN accidentally fell into a list of Verizon device PINs that BlackBerry used to force Verizon customers to update like it or not, it's safe to say that neither Verizon or "America" has anything to do with the reason why a Canadian company is updating a Canadian phone. What do you mean by "X00)" however?
    X00 is prototype Z30

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    07-07-15 12:16 PM
    X00 is prototype Z30

Posted via CB10
    Yep. My Z30's silver chin was painted over black at some point before I received it, so I assume there is a serial number under there. I actually really like the look. Regardless, I'm guessing it's essentially treated as a factory device then.
    Verizon OS update is OTA now!!!-1436289634861369714805.jpg
    07-07-15 12:23 PM
    That device says "Verizon" on it. No wonder it was forced to take an update..
    07-07-15 12:34 PM
    Hi all
    I just got a STA100-5 yesterday after 2.5 years of having a z10 so I'm a little new to the STA version types.
    If I install the 10.3.2.556 for STA100-3 OS through Sachesi will it not work?
    07-07-15 01:23 PM
    A lot of people seem to be misunderstanding the California kill switch law too. They are NOT required to push out updates to make phones people *already own* compliant. I've actually read the full text of the law. That isn't in it. Again, it's important to stress that this course of action is being taken because either the carrier or BlackBerry wishes to do so.
    Did you read the law? If so, how are you interpreting the January 1st requirement? I read that part as phones manufactured before January 1st are exempt only if it's not possible to put the kill switch update on them. And it clearly is possible, given the AT&T, Verizon, and ShopBB examples--not to mention all the unofficial ways people have put 10.3.2 on their older BB10 phones.

If that's the case, it points to BlackBerry choosing to force your update then, NOT Verizon.
    I have a TMO SIM in a factory unlocked Q10 with 10.3.2.2226 sitting for weeks waiting to be installed. It's Verizon forcing the update. Just like it was AT&T.

We can view the full text of California's kill switch law, and you do not have to be a lawyer to interpret it. It's pretty well written and easy to follow if anyone cares. Bottom line, it doesn't require BlackBerry to force an update on any phone currently in the hands of any consumer.
    The idea that an American law requires forcing the update regardless of user preference is a misconception.
    This may be true, but AT&T and Verizon are in CYA mode over, this when the argument "We did our job by providing the update. The user's choice not to install the update is an exercising of their opt-out option" would probably cover them.

Yes. Z30 updates through Sachesi are STA-ambivalent.
    07-07-15 01:57 PM
    Mandatory update not for our good but the governments good, being honest.
    Quite frankly, the "big brother" concerns are overblown IMO. This feature allows for disabling of network connections. That's it. So when the government gets ahold of your phone in an overzealous seizure, the most they could do with this kill switch is...kill your network connections (unless you are saying that BlackBerry is secretly giving them more powers with the kill switch?) The kill switch will not give them additional access into the phone, nor can they wipe it, disable your password, etc. They won't be able to get into the phone off of this. Do you want to know what the government does if it wants to shut down your network connectivity? It shuts down the network--like they did, ironically, in San Francisco in 2011. Plus, the ability to regulate and limit when government can employ the kill switch was put in place before this law--in the California Public Utilities Code, section 7908. Protest that ABILITY as a Californian, if you want to.
    07-07-15 02:04 PM
    Did you read the law? If so, how are you interpreting the January 1st requirement? I read that part as phones manufactured before January 1st are exempt only if it's not possible to put the kill switch update on them. And it clearly is possible, given the AT&T, Verizon, and ShopBB examples--not to mention all the unofficial ways people have put 10.3.2 on their older BB10 phones.

I have a TMO SIM in a factory unlocked Q10 with 10.3.2.2226 sitting for weeks waiting to be installed. It's Verizon forcing the update. Just like it was AT&T.

This may be true, but AT&T and Verizon are in CYA mode over, this when the argument "We did our job by providing the update. The user's choice not to install the update is an exercising of their opt-out option" would probably cover them.

Yes. Z30 updates through Sachesi are STA-ambivalent.

So maybe it's the way I worded my question but does that mean yes it will work or yes
    it will not work?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 02:09 PM
    So maybe it's the way I worded my question but does that mean yes it will work or yes
    it will not work?
    Yes, it will work. Sorry. I misread your question.
    billsterjito likes this.
    07-07-15 02:10 PM
    Hi all
    I just got a STA100-5 yesterday after 2.5 years of having a z10 so I'm a little new to the STA version types.
    It will work. Enjoy your Z30. It's an awesome phone!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    billsterjito likes this.
    07-07-15 02:24 PM
    Deep into a critical project. What a mess. Once again, our old 99s will pull us thru. Sort this out when we get home. Grrr.
    You can delay the restart for quite a while.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    07-07-15 07:42 PM
    I thought the X00 were beta test units. I had one and could not use it on Verizon because their system thinks it's a tablet or something.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    07-07-15 07:44 PM
138 ... 23456