This update was needed to upgrade BlackBerry Protect for the "kill switch" feature mentioned here: Smartphone 'kill switch' law takes effect in California - CNET

It seems Verizon had no choice but to make this update manditory to comply with the new law.
    Not true, all.tbey had to do was update the BlackBerry Protect feature(s)......
    07-06-15 05:00 PM
    Evidently, you will have to. You have ZERO CHOICE.........

Like somebody once said: "PERIOD"...........
    After 3 hrs I was up to 99% downloaded. Came back 30 minutes later and it's starting all over again. Ugh!

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    07-06-15 05:03 PM
    Sorry, the point you are missing is that they pushed it out WITHOUT YOUR CHOICE to accept/install.

Yes, they finally released it, then it would/was up.to.you to load/install it. Remember a few weeks ago when some folks device were being bricked/ hobbled? That's why I WAIT and see what happens before I hit the update button.

My device, should have been my choice..........

Period..........
    This update was needed to update Blackberry Protect for the "kill switch" feature mentioned here: Smartphone 'kill switch' law takes effect in California - CNET

From the sound of it, Verizon had no choice but to make this upgrade mandatory to comply with the new law or face serious fines.
    07-06-15 05:03 PM
    After 3 hrs I was up to 99% downloaded. Came back 30 minutes later and it's starting all over again. Ugh!

Hmmm. That is odd. I did mine over wi-fi. The download was fast but the install took about an hour. I did not encounter any of what you are going through. I am on a Z10 not that it should make too big of a difference. Good Luck with it though
    07-06-15 05:13 PM
    Not true, all.tbey had to do was update the BlackBerry Protect feature(s)......
    From my understanding, Blackberry Protect is integrated into the OS and not something like an app that can be upgraded alone. That or OS 10.3.2 is needed to make that "kill switch" function for Protect to work properly. My phone had less then 2 GB left so the download halted but I'll fix that by tomorrow. This version on 10.3.2 is supposed to be a solid build from what others have reported so there is little risk doing it now before others report on it.
    Go.up 3 posts.....all they had to do was update BlackBerry Protect and that would be it. The OS update STILL.should have been left to.the user....Perkod...To quote our Dear Leader.......
    For those having OTA issues:
    At least for me, it is also showing up on BlackBerry Link as a downloadable upgrade on my PC.
    Plus there always Sachesi:
    • Country 311
    • Carrier 480
    • Device Z30 + Classic
    • Mode Upgrade
    FF22 likes this.
    07-06-15 05:19 PM
    Got it about 6 hrs ago, also automatic updates is turned off but came anyway as mandatory. I notice all the displays like settings are much larger font and less crowded. I didn't even know it happened, just saw it had already updated.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 06:57 PM
    I'm in New Mexico - it added Slacker radio, Verizon cloud, My Verizon, etc. Do I want to keep Verizon cloud?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 07:02 PM
    Same thing happened on my Z30. I updated the Z10 first and it went perfectly. Then started the Z30 update. It was almost finished with the install step, then when I swiped to wake up the screen, it has started downloading from the beginning again. Now I'm up to 25% on the second attempt to install. Hope this one finishes.
    07-06-15 07:20 PM
    Go.up 3 posts.....all they had to do was update BlackBerry Protect and that would be it. The OS update STILL.should have been left to.the user....Perkod...To quote our Dear Leader.......
    BlackBerry anti-theft is more than just an update to BlackBerry Protect. The most important feature is the prior OS blacklist, which can only be set with a new core OS update. This prevents the user from running an older autoloader to circumvent the new anti-theft feature - without which, it would be useless.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-06-15 07:21 PM
    I'm not that impressed. The app I had for amazon (from BlackBerry world) was much better than the preloaded app after updating. And everything looks like android!

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-06-15 07:46 PM
    I used my Gold Q10 as a guinea pig for this one. Running "cfp resetqnxosregion" allowed the device to reboot into 10.3.1, although it still sees an update as ready to install. Grab CFP from the SIC Multiwipe thread here on CB if you want to reboot without updating.

**EDIT** If you already rebooted into 10.3.2, this wont help you!
    07-06-15 07:50 PM
    I'm happy for the OS update on my unlocked Verizon Z30. I discovered the update on a CB forum. I chose to update it manually. When I sign a two-year contract with a carrier, I understand I have less control, that I am not Verizon's CO. The carriers dictate which update to roll out, in part because they own the networks that we consumers use. If I don't like it, I avoid doing business with that carrier.

Via CB on my Verizon Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    07-06-15 08:03 PM
    Same thing happened on my Z30. I updated the Z10 first and it went perfectly. Then started the Z30 update. It was almost finished with the install step, then when I swiped to wake up the screen, it has started downloading from the beginning again. Now I'm up to 25% on the second attempt to install. Hope this one finishes.
    It worked the second time in about half the time. It seems to be working just fine. It's faster, smoother and I feel like I've got a newer and better Z30 than before so right now I'm a happy camper.

07-06-15 08:39 PM
    So I'm curious about something. I have an unlocked STA-100-3, and I use it on Bell in Canada. I just got the update downloading now, so it seems as though an american carrier is still required to approve the update before my phone on a Canadian carrier receives it? And this also means the kill switch law bit doesn't apply to me. I've been running 10.3.1 leaked already, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm still a bit annoyed that american law changes are affecting me in Canada.
    07-06-15 08:57 PM
    So I'm curious about something. I have an unlocked STA-100-3, and I use it on Bell in Canada. I just got the update downloading now, so it seems as though an american carrier is still required to approve the update before my phone on a Canadian carrier receives it? And this also means the kill switch law bit doesn't apply to me. I've been running 10.3.1 leaked already, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm still a bit annoyed that american law changes are affecting me in Canada.
    What? No. Bell does not need to consult any American carrier to approve an update. An American law is not requiring a Canadian company to push an update to a Canadian phone. That's not how ANY of this works. If it's being pushed out as mandatory either your carrier or BlackBerry is responsible for that. Nobody else.

A lot of people seem to be misunderstanding the California kill switch law too. They are NOT required to push out updates to make phones people *already own* compliant. I've actually read the full text of the law. That isn't in it. Again, it's important to stress that this course of action is being taken because either the carrier or BlackBerry wishes to do so.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:13 PM
    So could you then install a newer 10.3.2 build over the official Verizon 10.3.2.858 so as to circumvent the kill switch? That is an option for you, right?

Via CB on my Verizon Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    07-06-15 09:14 PM
    My VZW Z30 just says "you have the latest software" when I run the manual update check. I have updates off, running 10.3.2.2339 on an unlocked STA100-3. Will I eventually get the update, or is it blacklisted on my. 2339 install?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:36 PM
    It worked the second time in about half the time. It seems to be working just fine. It's faster, smoother and I feel like I've got a newer and better Z30 than before so right now I'm a happy camper.

Mine installed just fine the second time as well. Since I was still on VZW 10.2, I'm having fun exploring now.
    07-06-15 09:56 PM
    BlackBerry anti-theft is more than just an update to BlackBerry Protect. The most important feature is the prior OS blacklist, which can only be set with a new core OS update. This prevents the user from running an older autoloader to circumvent the new anti-theft feature - without which, it would be useless.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Hey, Conite: If I already have 10.3.2.2339 installed on our Z30s will we still get "downgraded" to the VZW pushed OS? Thanks, mate!
    07-06-15 09:59 PM
    It doubled up my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 10:11 PM
    My VZW Z30 just says "you have the latest software" when I run the manual update check. I have updates off, running 10.3.2.2339 on an unlocked STA100-3. Will I eventually get the update, or is it blacklisted on my. 2339 install?

Posted via CB10
    It's because you are running a higher numbered OS. If you want this update pushed from Verizon then you would have to reinstall an OS lower than 10.3.2.858.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    07-06-15 10:19 PM
    Hey, Conite: If I already have 10.3.2.2339 installed on our Z30s will we still get "downgraded" to the VZW pushed OS? Thanks, mate!
    No, see my post above.

07-06-15 10:21 PM
    No, see my post above.

Thanks, mate!
    07-06-15 10:25 PM
138 12345 ...