What if you guys that don't want it throw a bunch of crap in your internal storage? Music, videos, whatever, so the download won't fit. Will that stop it?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:09 PM
    Ditto. I'm refusing this OS. And if Verizon upgrades me, I'll ask for a full refund on my 2 year old phone. My phone was sold to me as Flash compatible and having Adobe Air. I must be compensated for any software update that mandatorily removes these things.
    Do you really believe that BlackBerry is perpetually bound to support Adobe Mobile Flash from 2011 (when Adobe discontinued it)?

This seems a bit much.

If you're desperate, get a native flash browser (eternally stuck on v11, where Adobe abandoned it, of course):
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924

Or get Browsie Browser, where you can change the user agent to iPhone, and get more html content.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-06-15 02:17 PM
    Ditto. I'm refusing this OS. And if Verizon upgrades me, I'll ask for a full refund on my 2 year old phone. My phone was sold to me as Flash compatible and having Adobe Air. I must be compensated for any software update that mandatorily removes these things.
    Not sure about Adobe Air, but you can get Flash back: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...world-1027460/
    07-06-15 02:18 PM
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    07-06-15 02:20 PM
    I'm kind of messing around on my Z30, and I really don't see much difference. I googled to find out the changelog, and the differences from 10.3.2 aren't that significant.

All I care about is battery life. It better improve or at least stay the same.
    07-06-15 02:29 PM
    I'm waiting for mine to install as well better late than never I guess

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:30 PM
    Do you really believe that BlackBerry is perpetually bound to support Adobe Mobile Flash from 2011 (when Adobe discontinued it)?

This seems a bit much.

If you're desperate, get a native flash browser (eternally stuck on v11, where Adobe abandoned it, of course):
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924

Or get Browsie Browser, where you can change the user agent to iPhone, and get more html content.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I believe when I buy a device that says it supports MP3 playback, I'm entitled to not lose it after 1 year because BB no longer wants to support it. I believe when I buy a $650 work device to use for work, for the next 2 years based on mobile flash compatibility, that I will have mobile flash compatibility.

Again, it's really quite helpful to read fully the responses on any thread. The workarounds work some-what on the personal side, but not on the work side. If you are on a BES you do not get to sideload apps or even use the regular BB Appstore. You get a work-side app store. If your workside requires that all attachments be sent from the workside then you need to use a workside browser with flash. But no problem Z-30 has Flash compatibility - or it did when bought it.
    peter0328 likes this.
    07-06-15 02:31 PM
    This is enforcement of the Smartphone Theft Protection Act. I guess Verizon is just complying with the law.

I wonder if their older Android and IOS phones are getting forced updates too.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    07-06-15 02:34 PM
    I believe when I buy a device that says it supports MP3 playback, I'm entitled to not lose it after 1 year because BB no longer wants to support it.

A
    If MP3 was a codec that was totally abandoned by its developer back in 2011, I don't think you'd be "entitled" to it on a 2015 smartphone update either.

If viewing mobile flash is so critical to your use case, then ask your BES administrator to approve the app in bbw.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    EchoesFX likes this.
    07-06-15 02:39 PM
    I believe when I buy a device that says it supports MP3 playback, I'm entitled to not lose it after 1 year because BB no longer wants to support it. I believe when I buy a $650 work device to use for work, for the next 2 years based on mobile flash compatibility, that I will have mobile flash compatibility.

Again, it's really quite helpful to read fully the responses on any thread. The workarounds work some-what on the personal side, but not on the work side. If you are on a BES you do not get to sideload apps or even use the regular BB Appstore. You get a work-side app store. If your workside requires that all attachments be sent from the workside then you need to use a workside browser with flash. But no problem Z-30 has Flash compatibility - or it did when bought it.
    If you're on BES, shouldn't the admin have control of what update to push?

I mean... the US Navy just paid Microsoft millions to keep issuing security patches for XP because they have required legacy systems. Similarly, old IE versions linger around forever in work environments because of the same.

So... I would have imagined BES admins could have unchecked a 'automatically install updates' box somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:40 PM
    If you're on BES, shouldn't the admin have control of what update to push?

I mean... the US Navy just paid Microsoft millions to keep issuing security patches for XP because they have required legacy systems. Similarly, old IE versions linger around forever in work environments because of the same.

So... I would have imagined BES admins could have unchecked a 'automatically install updates' box somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    They should have. Apparently it is not working either. I stopped the update by moving several movies from the SD card to the device.
    07-06-15 02:42 PM
    They should have. Apparently it is not working either. I stopped the update by moving several movies from the SD card to the device.
    If that's the case, then BlackBerry/Verizon is on the hook for loss of your productivity.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:44 PM
    Just got it on my classic. Verizon has always been good about testing OS's before they release them. Now the time it takes them to test and release them may be out of hand, but i trust them.
    07-06-15 02:45 PM
    If MP3 was a codec that was totally abandoned by its developer back in 2011, I don't think you'd be "entitled" to it on a 2015 smartphone update either.

If viewing mobile flash is so critical to your use case, then ask your BES administrator to approve the app in bbw.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    First - Adobe, the company responsible for implementing flash player on devices, has put an end to developing flash player for mobile devices, not the end of flash. At launch of the Z10 and again for the Z30 as well as just a few months prior to the 10.3.0 testing, BBRY reiterated support and commitment to developing their Flash implementation, even if it meant writing their own enhancements. Feel free to fact check these things. As for the idea that a company is not responsible for keeping their word about product use and specifications if it causes them some inconvenience - well it's simply not worthy of a response.
    07-06-15 02:53 PM
    I am dumb of many things. Of this however - I am not. Your statement is ignorant. First, a work-around is not a fix. Using a separate and additional Flash browser that has intermittent issues is not a Fix for removing a single native browser capable of seamless flash. 2nd Those of us on a BES can not load a separate browser or anything else on to the work side of our devices. Using the work browser to locate, identify and distribute real property documents posted from more than 2 dozen municipal websites (part of my job) requires Flash.
    3rd - There is no workaround or fix for the loss of Adobe Air. As I said the loss of Air prevents me from loading a prior Bar file, which was necessary for the use of Hot Spot and Tethering.

4th - no one - not here on Crackberry or walking down your block needs to explain to you or anyone else why they may personally feel upset or slighted by a mandatory forced upgrade that removes anything from their device they were told the device would contain when purchased. For that matter....
    asking for a refund for that reason alone is, flash support on all devices is coming to an end simple as that. it was given up on support along time ago by adobe and they are not putting money into it so nobody else wants to either.

my statement may be ignorant to you but its the truth of life something given one day is not given another. stuff gets removed from devices all the time when it doesn't benefit the company designing it, its the world of business and this mandated item is due to a protect feature that will eventually fall in line with the usa new code of kill switches being required by all devices.
    07-06-15 02:54 PM
    It's fun isn't it? Happy Ending !!
    07-06-15 02:57 PM
    First - Adobe, the company responsible for implementing flash player on devices, has put an end to developing flash player for mobile devices, not the end of flash. At launch of the Z10 and again for the Z30 as well as just a few months prior to the 10.3.0 testing, BBRY reiterated support and commitment to developing their Flash implementation, even if it meant writing their own enhancements. Feel free to fact check these things. As for the idea that a company is not responsible for keeping their word about product use and specifications if it causes them some inconvenience - well it's simply not worthy of a response.
    BlackBerry got access to the source code of mobile flash v11 in order to provide security patches as best it could. The intention was never to parallel its development with desktop flash which currently sits at v18.

BlackBerry never made an eternal commitment to perpetual support. That's just silly.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-06-15 03:07 PM
    You know, we have waited so long for a Verizon update. I am busy today, and really couldn't justify peeking in the forums. So glad I did, or I wouldn't have known about the update. WHY ISNT THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE? I track it and depend on it! No room with all the ads?

I had a feeling I should have backed up my phone this weekend, but with the holiday it didn't happen. Even tho it is nondestructive I always do for safety sake. Not this time! I think this bugs us more than perhaps the average consumer because we are more hands on with our OS. Most have no clue what an update involves so therefore just want it all to happen by magic outside their awareness. I am actually excited about the update since I have been on official, but sure wish I could delay it while I back up! Like delaying a reboot on Microsoft.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk and raino like this.
    07-06-15 03:19 PM
    Looks I got it too! Virginia on a locked Z30STA100-3!

Posted via my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    07-06-15 03:20 PM
    The update should have been MY choice......
    Period.......
    1magine likes this.
    07-06-15 03:48 PM
    good luck with that. a mandatory update will be installed whether you want it or not. If you complain enough, maybe they will swap your phone for something else.

And wait till you reboot on your own later! It takes about 20 minutes to load. Scared the heck outta me!
    07-06-15 04:08 PM
    People complain here all the time that US carriers don't push out updates for the BlackBerry but when they do, they get crucified? Their update does not change anything you had. All of your SD card is safe. All your files are safe and the crap they push( bing, Slacker, Verizon Cloud) can be deleted.
    07-06-15 04:15 PM
    This is the second time I went to download this and my wifi cuts out and I have to start over. I DO have to start over if it is interupted...... right??
    07-06-15 04:50 PM
    People complain here all the time that US carriers don't push out updates for the BlackBerry but when they do, they get crucified? Their update does not change anything you had. All of your SD card is safe. All your files are safe and the crap they push( bing, Slacker, Verizon Cloud) can be deleted.
    Sorry, the point you are missing is that they pushed it out WITHOUT YOUR CHOICE to accept/install.

Yes, they finally released it, then it would/was up.to.you to load/install it. Remember a few weeks ago when some folks device were being bricked/ hobbled? That's why I WAIT and see what happens before I hit the update button.

My device, should have been my choice..........

Period..........
    peter0328 likes this.
    07-06-15 04:56 PM
    This is the second time I went to download this and my wifi cuts out and I have to start over. I DO have to start over if it is interupted...... right??
    Evidently, you will have to. You have ZERO CHOICE.........

Like somebody once said: "PERIOD"...........
    07-06-15 04:59 PM
138 1234 ...