Hey all, another question. So the better half had her Q10 updated to 10.3 and it happened over carrier data vs. wifi. She is on a limited data plan and is close to her usage now. The strange thing is #1 Verizon shows all the data usage as Video, total data is 225MB #2 Blackberry usage show 1.9MB which is the correct usage. Verizon blames BB, us that there is a process running, and wont take account for it. They want to wipe her phone but there is nothing wrong with the phone it was them and pushing the data. Will post screen shots shortly. Any ideas?
    07-25-15 08:05 PM
    the update is about 2GB so that came from VZW pushing the BB update. could be a little less depending on where your friend came from. what OS was already on the phone.
    07-25-15 08:36 PM
    10.2.1 was previously on the phone. If it wasn't the OS update why would there be a discrepancy in the usage of data. She literally doesn't use data, no video, no apps, Like I said though on the phone its true to her usage... but Verizon is showing 75% of her data as Video.
    07-25-15 08:40 PM
    an update it's a download and it's using your data and by law vzw pushed it to everybody even if you had updates turned off.
    i don't think you can fight it
    07-25-15 08:43 PM
    Do updates not show up under the phones data usage? Thats what I'm getting at, Verizon online show 225MB month to date usage, phones data usage shows 1.9MB month to date usage. Also I'm not sure if it was the OS update but that was the only real data usage she had for that time period.
    07-25-15 08:48 PM
    phone data usage it's not accurate and it;s stated under as well ,vzw data usage it's the one you get bill for it
    07-25-15 08:58 PM
    Actually it's fairly accurate under my Z10, granted I don't care because I'm on a unlimited plan but 1.9MB vs. 225MB.... come on I think big red is yet again pulling shenanigans with their customers. She also monitors her usage every month being on a limited plan, always at roughly 150MB for the month, online matches whats shown on her phone.
    07-25-15 09:04 PM
    Did you get this figured out? I'm not sure if the mandatory update is supposed to show up in your data usage, but I'm pretty sure the carriers are supposed to cover the charges for it - I know they have for a lot of other people. Carriers usually have no trouble reversing charges like these, even low-level tech support have access to such things. If you call and you're told they can't help you, it's not their fault, etc. just call back and get someone else to help you, if it still doesn't work, just immediately ask to escalate the call to their superiors.
    07-29-15 08:28 AM
    No we still haven't had this figured out. Verizon is blaming her for the data usage since for whatever reason it's showing up as video. She doesn't use her phone for anything other than email and text. Verizon informed her to turn off her data for the remainder of the month so she won't incur any new charges, they are not taking care of the overage either. We've been looking into sprint to combine our plans. I will loose my unlimited but our bills will be less in the long run. Other negative sprint doesn't have any BlackBerry phones, so ours will have to be unlocked and brought over.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:43 AM