Ehhh...until the OP posts his exact step by step or the video of how to, I think we're kind of stuck. It could be worse you know...we could be stuck with an iPhone right?

Hopefully he will come through, though my PM's and messages to him on his YouTube channel have gone unanswered. Seeing as how he's posting there everyday, I'm not sure what that means
    I guess I will need to get this walkthrough up again and post it here
    03-14-14 02:30 AM
    I guess I will need to get this walkthrough up again and post it here
    We would all definitely appreciate it. The walkthrough was great and all, just wasn't extremely specific which...it kind of needs to be for this. For example, you said you loaded a Rogers OS (Which I'm guessing you did through Sachesi) but as me and the other posters here noted, the Z30's radio aren't really specific to carrier. Can you note exactly where you got this and / or how you loaded it? We believe we found the 'Android Info' app you used to set to LTE ONLY but as you can see from the posters (like me) it didn't work. We'd all love for you to have a solution for us and would be very grateful if you could help clear up the questions. There have been a decent amount of people that have come in to the topic here and looked for answers. Hopefully you can deliver. Thanks!
    03-14-14 07:24 AM
    ^ what he said

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:12 PM
    I have just sent a brief e-mail to [email protected] . . . it would be nice if we could choose "4G only" without resorting to Diagnostics Screens (engineering screen to be invoked by escreen:// ).

Verizon Blackberry Z30 use on T-Mobile for GSM and LTE only HOW TO-img_20140315_091701.png

Verizon Blackberry Z30 use on T-Mobile for GSM and LTE only HOW TO-img_20140315_091552.png
    03-14-14 07:22 PM
    When I set LTE only I get no data.
    How do you guys get 4G?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    03-14-14 10:35 PM
    So I wanted to post this for eveyone that is having issues getting LTE on T-Mobile on the Verizon Z30.

This device has the same BAND 4 that the LG G2 and Galaxy Note 3 have from Verizon. And I have posted how to videos on them as well on my Youtube channel. TK TECH NEWS.

Now that I am back into a daily driver blackberry, I am doing development on getting google play services working and a few other things.
    Right now I have Full LTE Working.

Here is the how to,
    First you need an autoloader, Look here in the forum
    You need a RODGERS O.S. and you need to use the autoloader for 10.2.1

Once complete, Install 1Market the android app store.
    Install "Phone Info" it opens phone info
    Set to LTE ONLY.
    Close the app!

Then in phone settings
    Go to networks, and change it to WCDMA GSM LTE
    And there you go

Verizon Blocks band 4.
    The people that are reporting it working, Is because they are in a area like L.A. that verizon has switched on BAND 4, once its on, Its on and wont be locked.
    So thats the reason you are seeing so many people say its working and others saying it is not.

I get LTE all up and down the east coast
    If you have a question leave a comment here.

Also I am trying to see if a merged OS can be created from the Z10 from Tmobile that can load on the Z30 from verizon.
    Been awhile since I developed on the platform.

Hope this helps you.
    03-16-14 02:14 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have a -4 version Z30. I am trying to get it to work on the rogers network bit I am unable to work as I get a "Sim card isn't compatible with network or device" message. When I check the status of the Sim in Security and Privacy settings, I get a "device is ready to use on network" message. I believe that because my phone is a -4 version, I don't have the proper bands to run on the rogers network. Will this trick to activate "band 4" solve my problem? I currently have the Verizon OS installed.

Thanks in advance!
    03-16-14 02:21 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have a -4 version Z30. I am trying to get it to work on the rogers network bit I am unable to work as I get a "Sim card isn't compatible with network or device" message. When I check the status of the Sim in Security and Privacy settings, I get a "device is ready to use on network" message. I believe that because my phone is a -4 version, I don't have the proper bands to run on the rogers network. Will this trick to activate "band 4" solve my problem? I currently have the Verizon OS installed.

Thanks in advance!
    You mean the -3, right? The Verizon one? The -4 is the one that is/was supposed to go to Sprint.

Bands wise, you're ok--this phone does have Rogers' UMTS bands (2 and 5) and LTE band 4 (but not band 7.) So even if band 4 isn't working for you, you should see some coverage on the UMTS network(s) or the GSM network(s) around you--as AT&T and TMO customers see in the US. Try installing a non-Verizon OS (without doing anything band 4-related) first and see if that helps.
    03-16-14 05:06 PM
    You mean the -3, right? The Verizon one? The -4 is the one that is/was supposed to go to Sprint.

Bands wise, you're ok--this phone does have Rogers' UMTS bands (2 and 5) and LTE band 4 (but not band 7.) So even if band 4 isn't working for you, you should see some coverage on the UMTS network(s) or the GSM network(s) around you--as AT&T and TMO customers see in the US. Try installing a non-Verizon OS (without doing anything band 4-related) first and see if that helps.
    Raino,

Thank you for your input.

Actually, I have a sprint phone, so it is a -4. I at least got the -4 right. . Sorry for the confusion!

Do you think a non Sprint OS will work as well? I tried to search on BBOS and Google but I can't seem to locate the Rogers version. I was able to find the Rogers version for the Z10 but that doesn't help.

Thanks again!

h2
    03-17-14 06:39 AM
    Raino,

Actually, I have a sprint phone, so it is a -4. I at least got the -4 right. . Sorry for the confusion!

Do you think a non Sprint OS will work as well? I tried to search on BBOS and Google but I can't seem to locate the Rogers version. I was able to find the Rogers version for the Z10 but that doesn't help.

Thanks again!

h2
    As I understand it, the Z30s are all similar radios-wise, when it comes to installing leaks, etc. So you can install a -5's OS on a -4. I could be wrong though.

Where did you get a -4 Z30? That one is not available yet, AFAIK.
    03-17-14 09:01 AM
    Raino,

Thanks again!

h2
    Can you take a screenshot of this? Paste this into the address bar of the browser and hit Enter: file:///pps/services/hw_info/inventory
    03-17-14 09:29 PM
    Has anyone tried the new Verizon OS on their Z30? It may have unlocked band 4.

I installed it on mine and my VZW Z30 is getting a T-Mobile LTE signal now.
    I did things a little differently than the last couple of times I've tried. So I'm not entirely sure it is all due to the new OS.

I got myself an STA100-5, so I was just testing it to make sure it works properly (it does). While I was out I swapped my SIM back into the Verizon Z30. I didn't turn it off, though. I just popped the SIM in and it started getting an LTE signal.

So what I did differently this time was: swap my SIM between an STA100-5 with an LTE signal to an already powered on STA100-3 and I began getting an LTE signal as soon as the radio found a connection.

Verizon Blackberry Z30 use on T-Mobile for GSM and LTE only HOW TO-img_20140318_150842.jpg
    (sorry for the blurriness, my wife was driving and I wasn't expecting LTE to pop up on the device)

Just thought I'd share. I don't regret purchasing the STA100-5 because I now get HSPA+ everywhere opposed to EDGE and not just the refarmed areas. Which is what I have around me for the most part.
    03-18-14 05:43 PM
    It would make sense, because that's how it happened with their Android devices--they put out a firmware update that unlocked band 4. Since this is the first update Verizon's put out for the Z30, I'd imagine it did the same.
    03-18-14 05:51 PM
    Has anyone tried the new Verizon OS on their Z30? It may have unlocked band 4.

I installed it on mine and my VZW Z30 is getting a T-Mobile LTE signal now.
    I did things a little differently than the last couple of times I've tried. So I'm not entirely sure it is all due to the new OS.

I got myself an STA100-5, so I was just testing it to make sure it works properly (it does). While I was out I swapped my SIM back into the Verizon Z30. I didn't turn it off, though. I just popped the SIM in and it started getting an LTE signal.

So what I did differently this time was: swap my SIM between an STA100-5 with an LTE signal to an already powered on STA100-3 and I began getting an LTE signal as soon as the radio found a connection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140318_150842.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	256266
    (sorry for the blurriness, my wife was driving and I wasn't expecting LTE to pop up on the device)

Just thought I'd share. I don't regret purchasing the STA100-5 because I now get HSPA+ everywhere opposed to EDGE and not just the refarmed areas. Which is what I have around me for the most part.
    What's the latest version?

03-18-14 09:19 PM
    What's the latest version?
    Looks like 10.2.1.2126 (from the CB article's comments.)
    03-18-14 09:28 PM
    Looks like 10.2.1.2126 (from the CB article's comments.)
    Is that OS or App version?
    I am on 2102 App and 2141 OS on STA100-5 and never once I saw LTE.

LTE aside I would love the opportunity to upgrade hoping it would fix the nasty annoying bugs that are present in what I am running.

Time to check Sachesi..

03-18-14 09:39 PM

LTE aside I would love the opportunity to upgrade hoping it would fix the nasty annoying bugs that are present in what I am running.

Time to check Sachesi..
    OS, I think. Not 100% sure. What are people more likely to misread? Lol
    03-18-14 09:58 PM
    OS, I think. Not 100% sure. What are people more likely to misread? Lol
    Whichever they see they will indicate that, yours may not be a mis-read, it could be just the previous version.

I see now 10.2.1.2234 is available
    He just posted You can load this OS non-destructively using Sachesi with country code 310 carrier code 260 or 160
    03-18-14 10:38 PM

Time to check Sachesi..

You're using an STA100-5 on T-Mobile and you don't get LTE? That seems odd.

My STA100-3 was on (OS) 10.2.1.2180/(SW) 10.2.1.2126 while my STA100-5 was on (OS) 10.2.1.2228/(SW) 10.2.1.2156). Both were getting LTE, first time for the Verizon variant for me.

I am now running the OTA from T-Mobile that started going out earlier today on my STA100-5. Which is (OS) 10.2.1.2234/(SW) 10.2.1.2160.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    03-18-14 10:39 PM
    You're using an STA100-5 on T-Mobile and you don't get LTE? That seems odd.

My STA100-3 was on (OS) 10.2.1.2180/(SW) 10.2.1.2126 while my STA100-5 was on (OS) 10.2.1.2228/(SW) 10.2.1.2156). Both were getting LTE, first time for the Verizon variant for me.
    I am now running the OTA from T-Mobile that started going out earlier today on my STA100-5. Which is (OS) 10.2.1.2234/(SW) 10.2.1.2160.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    No I am on AT&T with STA100-5. There were claims of people getting LTE with AT&T after recent updates who weren't getting it with Verizon's STA-3. I assumed what got T-Mobile users LTE would help get LTE for AT&T users as well.
    03-18-14 10:56 PM
    No I am on AT&T with STA100-5. There were claims of people getting LTE with AT&T after recent updates who weren't getting it with Verizon's STA-3. I assumed what got T-Mobile users LTE would help get LTE for AT&T users as well.
    Ah, got it. That's too bad.

Something I didn't mention before, because I don't think it had any real effect, is that on my STA100-5 LTE wasn't showing up immediately (just 4G), so I went to Settings > About > Network and hit the three dots/more button and clicked Register BlackBerry. Right after that it connected to LTE. I'll throw that out there as something people can try.
    I think it was a coincidence, though. I have always thought that option was to register with the BlackBerry servers, and had nothing to do with the carriers network.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-18-14 11:32 PM
    I'm running Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2234 and still no lte

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 12:52 AM
    no LTE
    STA100-3 running 10.2.1.2156 in NJ
    my S4 has LTE
    03-19-14 10:01 AM
    Can you take a screenshot of this? Paste this into the address bar of the browser and hit Enter: file:///pps/services/hw_info/inventory
    I got the screen shot but am unable to post the pic. Is there a line item you want to see from the screen? I can just rewrite it in a post.

H2
    03-20-14 08:56 PM
    I got the screen shot but am unable to post the pic. Is there a line item you want to see from the screen? I can just rewrite it in a post.

H2
    Just Board_Type.
    03-21-14 12:03 AM
104 12345