I'm gonna try this!

8530 - 9670 - Palm Pre - Palm Pixi - 9930 - iPhone 4 - Z10 - HTC One - S3 - S4 - Q10 - Z10 STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 10:44 PM
    WELL ?????

I'm gonna try this!

8530 - 9670 - Palm Pre - Palm Pixi - 9930 - iPhone 4 - Z10 - HTC One - S3 - S4 - Q10 - Z10 STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    kb1234 likes this.
    03-02-14 04:52 PM
    WELL ?????
    LOL not yet, I haven't even received my z30 yet haha

03-02-14 07:35 PM
    LOL not yet, I haven't even received my z30 yet haha
    Are you buying a -3 (i.e. the Verizon Z30) for warranty and/or wireless charging? Because compatibility-wise you're better off with a -5 on TMO.
    03-02-14 08:58 PM
    Are you buying a -3 (i.e. the Verizon Z30) for warranty and/or wireless charging? Because compatibility-wise you're better off with a -5 on TMO.
    I purchased the one off gsm nation, I believe that is the -5 version?

03-02-14 09:22 PM
    I purchased the one off gsm nation, I believe that is the -5 version?
    Then you should be fine. These instructions are for people with the Verizon -3 on TMO.
    03-02-14 09:36 PM
    Hey there,

While I applaud your efforts and your video...which tells me you're at least onto something, the amount of clarity in which you've reported this is cloudy to say the least. There are a number of people on this site that are pretty interested (obviously myself included) into this and seeing how I live in Central Florida where TMO's LTE signal is really strong...I'm REALLY interested.

I've tried what you've stated...outside of this mysterious "Android Info" program, and haven't had a lot of luck. I messed with the escreens area but I know that's not what you're saying is the key here. For the Z30, there is no "Rogers OS" as any and all OS' here appear to be carrier agnostic. If you have a link or place to retrieve this specific Rogers OS, I would love to have it if possible. If you can't provide this (or the Android app) due to any number of factors...then you should say that.

I hate to sound like some ungrateful jerk because...it does seem like you have something worthwhile here and have video evidence of it and I'd love to work with you to perfect it and/or just get it out to the masses if possible but you haven't returned my PM and the thread here is cool to say the least. Can you provide the step by step video you promised over a week ago? I really do want to thank you for your efforts. Hopefully we can set this up and get this working !
    03-03-14 09:24 AM
    Then you should be fine. These instructions are for people with the Verizon -3 on TMO.
    Oh I see, ok thanks! I was under the impression that the -5 was the Verizon one.

Thank you!

03-03-14 01:33 PM
    I've taken the plunge and bought the Z30 -5 unlocked. Couldn't stand my Z10's battery life anymore.
    03-03-14 01:55 PM
    I think this is the "phone info" app he is referring to.

I can't say whether or not it works since my house is out of range of any LTE. Although some of the city around me has it, I haven't gone through the process to see if this works.

I do think he's right about Verizon having band 4 locked down for those outside of band 4 areas, though. My (Verizon branded) Moto X, which I got directly from Motorola, gets LTE on T-Mobile. My Verizon Z30 currently does not.

I will be trying this tomorrow to see how it works. I currently have 10.2.1.2141 installed. I don't think the OS should matter, especially since Verizon hasn't released 10.2.1 for the Z30 yet. At least I hope it doesn't because I really don't feel like installing another OS. -=P

Hey there,

While I applaud your efforts and your video...which tells me you're at least onto something, the amount of clarity in which you've reported this is cloudy to say the least. There are a number of people on this site that are pretty interested (obviously myself included) into this and seeing how I live in Central Florida where TMO's LTE signal is really strong...I'm REALLY interested.

I've tried what you've stated...outside of this mysterious "Android Info" program, and haven't had a lot of luck. I messed with the escreens area but I know that's not what you're saying is the key here. For the Z30, there is no "Rogers OS" as any and all OS' here appear to be carrier agnostic. If you have a link or place to retrieve this specific Rogers OS, I would love to have it if possible. If you can't provide this (or the Android app) due to any number of factors...then you should say that.

I hate to sound like some ungrateful jerk because...it does seem like you have something worthwhile here and have video evidence of it and I'd love to work with you to perfect it and/or just get it out to the masses if possible but you haven't returned my PM and the thread here is cool to say the least. Can you provide the step by step video you promised over a week ago? I really do want to thank you for your efforts. Hopefully we can set this up and get this working !
    03-04-14 12:34 AM
    I think this is the "phone info" app he is referring to.

I can't say whether or not it works since my house is out of range of any LTE. Although some of the city around me has it, I haven't gone through the process to see if this works.

I do think he's right about Verizon having band 4 locked down for those outside of band 4 areas, though. My (Verizon branded) Moto X, which I got directly from Motorola, gets LTE on T-Mobile. My Verizon Z30 currently does not.

I will be trying this tomorrow to see how it works. I currently have 10.2.1.2141 installed. I don't think the OS should matter, especially since Verizon hasn't released 10.2.1 for the Z30 yet. At least I hope it doesn't because I really don't feel like installing another OS. -=P
    Hey there,

I have no doubt that he's right about the Band 4 locking.

When you say the "Phone Info" app he is referring to, did you mean to put a link or something? I've tried with .1925 and with .2142 but haven't had a lot of luck yet. I'd really love to try and get this resolved. Let me know if you have any luck or if you want to try somethings on mine. I'm in a decently heavy T-Mobile LTE area (I get it in my house on my Z10). Thanks!
    03-04-14 11:34 AM
    Hey there,

When you say the "Phone Info" app he is referring to, did you mean to put a link or something? I've tried with .1925 and with .2142 but haven't had a lot of luck yet. I'd really love to try and get this resolved. Let me know if you have any luck or if you want to try somethings on mine. I'm in a decently heavy T-Mobile LTE area (I get it in my house on my Z10). Thanks!
    Yes, my apologies. I linked "this" in my previous post to the app. I should have just left the URL as the link text.

Here it is!

http://www.1mobile.com/phone-info-168700.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-04-14 11:38 AM
    Hey there,

No luck. I'm still only receiving 4G and Edge on my Z30 in a known LTE area. The same area I discovered my Moto X receives LTE on.

I guess I'll pull the latest Rogers OS down with sachesi and see if I can get anything from that.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    03-04-14 12:18 PM
    No luck. I'm still only receiving 4G and Edge on my Z30 in a known LTE area. The same area I discovered my Moto X receives LTE on.

I guess I'll pull the latest Rogers OS down with sachesi and see if I can get anything from that.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    Yeaaa...let me know if that works for you. I was just messing around with this Phone Info app too...didn't really make a difference. So far anyways....but I have hope!
    03-04-14 12:21 PM
    I don't think there's a location-based band 4 lock in place. IMO it's based on firmware locks, on a device-by-device basis. The Note 3 had a band 4 lock in place as well, but a firmware update unlocked it, supposedly when Verizon felt their band 4 LTE network was ready for use. My guess is the same happened with the Motorola X, or it never did have the lock in place. Since VZ hasn't released any OSes/firmware updates for their Z30, most phones would continue to stay band 4 locked, whereas a Rogers OS, which has no reason to lock band 4 (it would actually be to their detriment,) would unlock it. So I'm very interested in finding out if someone can duplicate the OP's results.
    bmsox622 likes this.
    03-04-14 12:26 PM
    I don't think there's a location-based band 4 lock in place. IMO it's based on firmware locks, on a device-by-device basis. The Note 3 had a band 4 lock in place as well, but a firmware update unlocked it, supposedly when Verizon felt their band 4 LTE network was ready for use. My guess is the same happened with the Motorola X, or it never did have the lock in place. Since VZ hasn't released any OSes/firmware updates for their Z30, most phones would continue to stay band 4 locked, whereas a Rogers OS, which has no reason to lock band 4 (it would actually be to their detriment,) would unlock it. So I'm very interested in finding out if someone can duplicate the OP's results.
    That makes a lot more sense. Off to try the Rogers OS I go!

Posted via CB10/Z30
    03-04-14 12:36 PM
    That makes a lot more sense. Off to try the Rogers OS I go!

Posted via CB10/Z30
    I concur! Let me know the Sachesi version you try...hopefully it works!
    03-04-14 12:39 PM
    I concur! Let me know the Sachesi version you try...hopefully it works!
    No go. I tried Rogers STA100-5 10.2.1.1925 w/.1899 radio. Same results as .2141 which I was running before.

I loaded it and set it up with my T-Mobile SIM card installed as well. I doubt it makes any difference, but figured it couldn't hurt. The last time I setup my Z30 I was still on Verizon.

Anyone have any other ideas that we could try?
    bmsox622 likes this.
    03-04-14 02:45 PM
    Ehhh...until the OP posts his exact step by step or the video of how to, I think we're kind of stuck. It could be worse you know...we could be stuck with an iPhone right?

Hopefully he will come through, though my PM's and messages to him on his YouTube channel have gone unanswered. Seeing as how he's posting there everyday, I'm not sure what that means
    03-04-14 07:16 PM
    Im new to blackberry again. My z30 is my first blackberry device in about 4 years. Im good at android and iphone stuff but new to blackberry. Can someone please lead me to the rogers software and also how to use the autoloader program. I have seemed to use the autoloader but i think it put on the stock verizon software. im assuming i have to download it from somewhere than put it in a folder or something like that so autolader could pull from that.
    03-08-14 01:33 AM
    Hey Mike,

Let me (and the others that wasted their time) tell you, what the original poster "provided" doesn't appear to work. We're all hoping that he does return and deliver the video he spoke of doing and / or a better step by step with actual links to the items he used. For now though, don't spend the time trying as I spent several hours the last two weeks attempting every variation and it just doesn't work. Hopefully TK Tech News guy comes back. Good luck and congrats on the Z30!
    mikeanzalone90 likes this.
    03-08-14 06:04 AM
    So I wanted to post this for eveyone that is having issues getting LTE on T-Mobile on the Verizon Z30.

Been awhile since I developed on the platform.

Hope this helps you.
    Would this work on the Verizon Z10?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:56 PM
    Would this work on the Verizon Z10?

Posted via CB10

I don't think the Verizon Z10 has any support for LTE band 4 (even on their own network), which is what is needed to be able to work with T-Mobile's LTE.

I think the Verizon Q10 supports band 4, but I've had as much luck getting that to work on T-Mobile LTE as my Z30. Which is none at all. -=P

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    03-12-14 03:25 AM
    I don't think the Verizon Z10 has any support for LTE band 4 (even on their own network), which is what is needed to be able to work with T-Mobile's LTE.

I think the Verizon Q10 supports band 4, but I've had as much luck getting that to work on T-Mobile LTE as my Z30. Which is none at all. -=P
    Right. No LTE band 4 present in the VZ Z10--disabled or otherwise.

You tried the Q10 too, huh? That's two phones NOT working to OP's one. Just sayin'...
    03-12-14 11:18 AM
    Hey Mike,

Let me (and the others that wasted their time) tell you, what the original poster "provided" doesn't appear to work. We're all hoping that he does return and deliver the video he spoke of doing and / or a better step by step with actual links to the items he used. For now though, don't spend the time trying as I spent several hours the last two weeks attempting every variation and it just doesn't work. Hopefully TK Tech News guy comes back. Good luck and congrats on the Z30!
    Actually I already posted the video on the channel, And it worked for me and others, As stated on the channel in the comments.

Will do another walk through if necessary but it is really simple, if its followed the way it was posted
    03-14-14 02:29 AM
104 1234 ...