Verizon: **** you. Hope that you can read it ****.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10.
    07-21-13 08:03 AM
    Not necessarily, but would you want a phone that has limited access at home and at work? If AT&T or T-Mobile would put antenna's where I "need them" I would gladly pay an early termination fee for all 4 of my phones just to dump Verizon. And that says a lot seeing the fee's would cost me about $1300.00!!
    Same here sadly
    07-21-13 08:27 AM
    Wow.. I Had NO idea the q10 was released with 10.1. That's ridiculous! How does z10 not have update!?

Posted via CB10
    The Aficionado and PFman like this.
    07-21-13 02:34 PM
    What about skype? Doesn't it needs 10.1?

As they don't have Q10 (10.1 natives) and they are also holding the 10.1 for the Z10...

Maybe Skype is the reason, because network traffic (not likely) or money (calling using Skype is free and their native call system is paid).

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:44 PM
    It's many more apps besides Skype, even overall battery improvement would be nice. That's what I really want.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:55 PM
    Since I have major problems (including no email out or attachments), I have been calling Verizon and getting a discount for the 1/2 of a phone that I have. Take the amount for that line and split it in half. Its not that much, but maybe if everyone does it and they see their revenue going down, maybe they will have more incentive to get their updates out sooner?
    07-21-13 03:48 PM
    Over the past few months I've raised the point again and again that BBRY was foolish to entrust the future of their company to any of the major providers.

Towards that end, if nothing else as an interim solution, BBRY should take a portion of the $$ they have in the bank and create a direct route to BBRY, then referral BACK to the wireless provider if that is the issue. To me, this is a no brainer and another example of poor leadership by the CEO and BOD.

I've had two problems with my Z10 since purchased day of arrival in US (I also concurrently use an iPhone 5). The first was the astonishment that there was no USB sync mechanism (call me old fashioned, but many find this route more secure for PIM data and prefer it). I called my provider, AT&T, they called their in-house BBRY, which then spoke with BBRY directly. The message from the AT&T rep was along the lines of "The BBRY team wanted us to communicate to you that they are working hard to make the BB10 OS user experience as good as possible." I spent the next month trying 3rd party apps and countless hours getting the Z10 to sync with Outlook (my iPhone kept on doing so just fine with the same dataset). Ultimately, I had to go through my Outlook contacts folder and "clean it" by making sure it was "perfect", ie no accidental email in phone fields, no personal names listed under "company", display name properly displayed (eg last, first), etc, etc. Now working fine, but slower than iTunes sync and BB Link still lousy on sync process (states sync "complete" while halfway through, etc)

Second time I called AT&T was last Friday: for some reason my AOL and Yahoo accounts could receive, but no longer send out email. I called AT&T Friday night, within a few minutes they tried patching me through to BBRY team. They got hung up on twice, then finally we reached someone who sounded as if she was on a cellphone on the other side of the earth. She was very pleasant. She couldn't fix the problem, so then she escalated it to a higher level BBRY support person. All were very nice. All told, I was on the phone about 2 hours, but we got things fixed (deleting/reinstalling email accounts a few times, and has been suggested on some forums simply changing the account pw). The last BBRY support person was very nice, helpful, AND wanted to hear my perspective on the support issue, namely that putting support in the hands of the wireless providers is destroying faith in the company. He appeared to grasp the issue, understand it, and said he would take it back to his team's weekly meeting to discuss.

Personally, I think Crackberry would be the perfect venue to force this issue with BBRY. There is no shame, only gain, by having direct support. Apple does it via their stores. Lenovo does it: if you have purchased the support you can talk to a very intelligent person in Atlanta 24x7. Dell, same story. This service should come FREE with these multihundred dollar phones from BBRY. The only people who don't provide direct support are those $29.99 utility software packages available on the internet. Is that how BBRY wants to be perceived?

There is no reason Verizon should be hesitant to contact BBRY support if they are contracted to do so, and if is a problem BBRY should place their own calls to document, then have their lawyers ring up Verizon for a friendly chat.

To me, given all that I hear and read, barring a short term fix, direct support from BBRY to end users, with callback to provider if needed, is the best short solution.
    07-21-13 04:12 PM
    Wonder how a large number of complaints from BlackBerry owners will be seen..

We need to get our act together and keep up with these updates for BB10 owners.

OR

We need to quit loosing money on a device that isn't selling well and that everyone is complaining about.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 04:20 PM
    I'm from Canada but felt I had to post.
    If I was Blackberry I'd be worried that a carrier that supports my product is telling customers of my product to dump it in lieu of an android or iPhone.

Issues with upgrade rollouts aside, that is brutal customer service on their part. And i thought the Canadian carriers were bad..

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-21-13 05:18 PM
    So its pretty evident sales people don't want to sell these phones in the first place..?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:22 PM
    I tried calling Verizon yesterday and got no answers from them about if and when the update will be made available. I then tried chatting online today and got nothing there. They both said that I should consider buying a droid or iphone and forget my blackberry as they are dead. I was on vacation last week and stopped into a corporate store and the manager there said the same thing. There were no BlackBerry phones on display. I had to ask to see the Q10.

I was even told today that if I tried to contact them again concerning the OS issue, they may consider terminating my account and charging me an ETF. I think Verizon is doing this on purpose to get BlackBerry users to buy a different brand of phone. That's just my opinion.
    WTF -.-
    BBRY should do something about this!

Posted via CB10
    The Aficionado likes this.
    07-21-13 06:32 PM
    I understand not being very comfortable with leaks, but why not play it conservative and load a leaked OS that is a few steps behind the most current ones?

For instance there are a number of higher 10.1's and 10.2's in use and I use the 10.1.0.4537... nowhere near a cutting edge leak, but way ahead of VZ and still verified to be stable etc. It's a matter of following a few instructions.
    07-22-13 02:14 AM
    I disagree. IME the later leaks are getting better every time.

I'm happy with the one in my sig and I'm a Verizon sufferer too.

Z10-4 .4651 via CB10
    07-22-13 05:32 AM
    Why not just have the phone unlocked, pop a Tmo or at&t sim in, connect to wifi and install update? You don't have to install a leak if you don't want to. You also don't need to be in an area of coverage for the temporary Sim and the new sim doesn't need to be activated in order to download. The update comes over WiFi from BlackBerry after it detects what sim you've got. That's what I do with no hassle.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354
    lsf222 likes this.
    07-22-13 06:51 AM
    Some don't have access to other sims. Besides, the leak I'm running is better than the 10.1 release used by those carriers.

Z10-4 .4651 via CB10
    07-22-13 07:32 AM
    Well I'm subscribed to a thread on the VZW support forum and folks are definitely pissed!! When a csr tells you to install a leak, there's a problem....

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:26 PM
    The CSR's giving good advice, party line notwithstanding.

Z10-4 .4651 via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    07-22-13 01:30 PM
    Well I'm subscribed to a thread on the VZW support forum and folks are definitely pissed!! When a csr tells you to install a leak, there's a problem....

Posted via CB10
    You have a link for that? I might as well hop in too

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:54 PM
    07-22-13 03:58 PM
    This why Verizon suck they don't care for us BlackBerry user... I love z 10 by far best BlackBerry phone I ever had since storm 2

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:14 PM
    Yes this certainly worked, I put my two cents in and advise all of you to do the same!

Posted via CB10
    gen_accident likes this.
    07-22-13 08:06 PM
    Verizon is garbage, so glad I'm no longer putting money in their pockets every month.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:54 PM
47 12