We all know that VZW isn't pushing updates to our beloved phones. Tonight I called VZW and complained. I told them about the newest update and that I'm still on 10.2.1. I explained that they released the Classic with 10.3 and I didn't get an update. I told them I was upset and would take my phone and go to Att. Well no update news BUT they lowered my bill 25$ per month as long as I don't upgrade my phone or until the latest update is released. I suggest all VZW customers do the same. If enough of us do this and it starts costing them money, then maybe they will get off there butts and release the update.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:40 PM
    This needs to be made into a news article.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:48 PM
    25.minutes from head office and still not receiving 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:52 PM
    25.minutes from head office and still not receiving 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it's driving or walking.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:58 PM
    We all know that VZW isn't pushing updates to our beloved phones. Tonight I called VZW and complained. I told them about the newest update and that I'm still on 10.2.1. I explained that they released the Classic with 10.3 and I didn't get an update. I told them I was upset and would take my phone and go to Att. Well no update news BUT they lowered my bill 25$ per month as long as I don't upgrade my phone or until the latest update is released. I suggest all VZW customers do the same. If enough of us do this and it starts costing them money, then maybe they will get off there butts and release the update.

Posted via CB10
    Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I think Verizon can easily afford lowering most BlackBerry owners' bills, especially those that want an OS upgrade. Financially, it's a user win. Also, Verizon prefers to put out updates/upgrades after everybody else.
    06-03-15 08:59 PM
    Are you off-contract? If so that $25 discount is likely just the standard off-contract discount any Verizon user can get.
    vag65 likes this.
    06-04-15 09:04 AM
    I guessing you have to ask for that 25 dollar off contract discount

Posted via CB10
    Dr J39 likes this.
    06-04-15 09:56 AM
    Are you off-contract? If so that $25 discount is likely just the standard off-contract discount any Verizon user can get.
    That too.
    06-04-15 11:22 AM
    Nope, I'm on a contract. They are giving me that discount off my line on the contract

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 11:25 AM
    I guessing you have to ask for that 25 dollar off contract discount

Posted via CB10
    I've heard that's the case, although actual discount seems to vary depending on the source.
    06-04-15 11:25 AM
    I'm guessing that is not standard policy but the CS reps have the leeway to give that to keep a customer if they want. But like always it would depend on the rep you get on the phone.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.680
    Last edited by HowardShap; 06-04-15 at 07:07 PM.
    06-04-15 12:43 PM
    Off topic
    But how is 10.3.2.680 running on a verizon z30.
    Any problems or issues.
    Did upgrade from official 10.2.1.2992 or did you take baby steps to get to your current 10.3.2.680

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 02:49 PM
    I'm guessing that a not standard policy but the CS reps have the leeway to give that to keep a customer if they want. But like always it would depend on the rep you get on the phone.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.680
    Seems to be a "hidden policy", if that's what you want to call it; they'll do it if asked but they aren't advertising it - it would keep people from signing contracts. For me their Edge program actually nets me a better deal over time (2 lines on 6GB for $95.50), but it's still a contract.
    06-04-15 05:48 PM
    Off topic
    But how is 10.3.2.680 running on a verizon z30.
    Any problems or issues.
    Did upgrade from official 10.2.1.2992 or did you take baby steps to get to your current 10.3.2.680

Posted via CB10
    VZW Z30 running 10.3.2.798

Built Autoloader from Debrick and Radio. Ran Autoloader, then patched the VZW VVM file and performed a restore (minus BlackBerry Runtime) in order to get VZW VVM functioning (this is only necessary if you are on Verizon and use their VVM, and this is still the ONLY known way to get it working)

This build is working great. I have found zero issues in the past 2 days of use. Camera is improved. Even the small issues I had on 10.3.1 (Keyboard Feedback not silent with volume slider set to 0, and Volume rockers not working smoothly) are gone on this build. Everything running smooth, which is good since there is no going back. :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:49 PM
    Same here on my Z30. I may have to call, as I could use a discount?

Z30 or Passport, both running 10.3.2.798
    06-04-15 07:27 PM
    Thanks for the info...

Enjoy...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:28 PM
    Wait really? You can update your phone straight from BlackBerry Link without waiting on Verizon? You sure? What did you update to?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:06 AM
    I just tried with a Verizon Z10 running the official 10.2.1. Using the browser update method it said that no updates were available. The best thing to do download the Verizon specific packages from these forums (Z10 uses a special radio file as well) and use Sachesi to install. It's incredibly easy to make your own upgrade package with the files that you can download directly from BlackBerry's servers. Or, you can use the Blitz package. For a Verizon Z10, I prefer making my own package because I'm not 100% sure that the Blitz file will identify the Verizon specific radio file. The rest of the Verizon BlackBerrys use the standard radios.
    06-05-15 02:33 AM
    No luck with a discount on my phone call... She and her supervisor just blamed it all on BlackBerry not providing any OS updates.

OMG, Face palm!
    06-07-15 05:53 PM
    No luck with a discount on my phone call... She and her supervisor just blamed it all on BlackBerry not providing any OS updates.

OMG, Face palm!
    When you told them BlackBerry have already released 10.3.2 they said?

They can say whatever crap they want but you don't have to agree with them.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 10:21 AM
    When you told them BlackBerry have already released 10.3.2 they said? "No they are waiting for BB"

They can say whatever crap they want but you don't have to agree with them. "Didn't agree, just moving along"

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 10:44 AM
    I'll be waiting for the follow-up call with baited breath!
    06-08-15 10:45 AM
    Here is the transcript:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. Your Chat Session ID is RT19999999999.

My name is Danielle, how may I assist you?
    Visitor: when are you releasing O/S 3 for BlackBerry ?
    Danielle: Hi!
    Danielle: I can check your device to see if there is any release date scheduled for the update.
    Danielle: Allow me a moment to pull up your account please. How is your day going so far?
    Visitor: its OK...
    Visitor: thanx...
    Danielle: Glad to hear it!
    Danielle: I'm checking the phone now.
    Danielle: I do not have a release date at this time. As soon as the update is available, it will be pushed directly to the phone.
    Visitor: It has been out for months, and verizon is about the only carrier not releasing it... this is ridiculous ! why can't we get it until almost a year after everyone else ?
    Visitor: the NEXT version is being released, and we don't have the LAST one yet !
    Danielle: I'm so sorry this has not been released yet. Most times it will not be pushed to the phone until Blackberry and Verizon are both ready for the push. They more than likely are still working on the update. We will not push it until it is ready.
    Danielle: I see the current update for your phone now is SU3.
    Danielle: Have you checked the phone to make sure it is up to date?
    Visitor: sorry... BlackBerry is not "still working on the update"... they released it MONTHS ago ! I guess Verizon just doesn't care enough about its customers on BlackBerry, and is trying very hard to force us to buy Apple or Android phones...
    Visitor: what is "SU3" ?
    Visitor: I check periodically, and checked it just before loggihng on here... what is "SU3" ?
    Danielle: I can definitely understand where you are coming from. With any update, the operating system, manufacture and carrier all have to collaborate to make sure the update will work with the phone.
    Danielle: That is the most up to date software for your model phone,
    Danielle: That was released in JUly of 2014.
    Visitor: C'MON... THE O/S UPDATE HAS BEEN PUSHED OUT TO MILLIONS OF PHONES ALREADY... I THINK they know it works !
    Visitor: there have been several interim updates since a year ago, but the biggest one was O/S3, which is almost a year old !
    Danielle: Let's check your phone to see what software you have now.
    Visitor: I'm loooking at it...
    Visitor: 10.2.1.
    Danielle: Great! What do you see?
    Visitor: 10.2.1.2976
    Danielle: I'm double checking the most recent here.
    Visitor: anything that doesn't start with "10.3..." isn't the latest O/S available !!!
    Danielle: Correct. The update you have is the most up to date that is out on that phone at this time.
    Visitor: don't you get tired of customers like me asking why Verizon isnt supporting the BlackBerry devices ?
    Visitor: No... it may be the last one Verizon has released, but it is at least 2 verrsions behind what is available...
    Danielle: It is possible that there may not be an update coming for that device. That device is an older Blackberry.
    Visitor: BlackBerry has released updates... it is onlt 2 years old. Are you telling me Verizon is no longer to support it ?
    Danielle: We definitely still support the phone. The update not being pushed to the phone would not change if your device was supported with Verizon.
    Danielle: We still cover the phone under your extended warranty and would be available to assist you with the phone.
    Visitor: not updating the device O/S is NOT continuing to support the phone. Are you telling me that Verizon is NOT going to release updates to the BlackBerry O/S anymore ?
    Danielle: I will definitely submit feedback regarding your device to see if the update is coming.
    Danielle: When I check the device software, it will only show what is out on the phone now. It does not state if the device will or will not receive future updates.
    Visitor: If that is the case, simply admit it, and I will look at alternatives to Verizon...
    Danielle: I'm sending feedback for the device now to see if an update will be coming.
    Visitor: not to blame you, but Verizon reps have been ducking this question for months...
    Danielle: I know how upset this has you, but we do not have that direct information. If there was anything to indicate that the update is not coming, I would definitely tell you so you are not waiting on something that may never come.
    Visitor: I would like to know if Verizon is going to continue to support my phone, which includes updating the O/S when such updates are provided by BlackBerry... a very simple 'yes' or 'no' answer would be great so I know what I need to do....
    Danielle: The feedback I am submitting will get us a definite answer. As soon as I receive a response I can reach back out to you and let you know. This can take up to five business for a response.
    Danielle: Would it be best to reach you at your number?
    Visitor: ...and by the way, my device will "receive updates"... but if Verizon doesn't want to support it, just let me know. there are plenty of options available...
    Danielle: I will definitely let you know as soon as I receive a response.
    Visitor: yes, by all means... this is my phone, and you may reach me on it. And if it really takes 5 days, you are now exhibiting COMCAST-type customer service.... something I NEVER thought i would say to Verizon !!!!!!
    Danielle: I hear you. The reason it may take that long is we would reach out to a non customer facing team that handles all of the updates.
    Danielle: It may very well take less then five business days so as soon as I get a response I will reach out to you.
    Visitor: you have done a reasonable job in trying to expalin an unreasonable position by VZW... nothing personal, but I am actually saddened by the intentional obfuscation by Verizon, when it seems that they provide updates to much older iPhones and Android devices, but because they really don't want to support Blackberry, they are trying to kill them by dragging their feet on updates.
    Danielle: Is there a specific feature you are waiting for on the update? I would also like to see if there is any way to make sure you have something similar to that any feature now.
    Visitor: and now we get to the real agenda: push the BlackBerry users to an iPhone or Android ! forget it... I am NOT interested in an iPhone or Android phone... I need the security and stability of a BlackBerry... not a funnel into Cupertino or Mountain View ! ...thank you anyway...
    Danielle: I can definitely understand feeling that you are being forced to another device. We definitely still have a very large customer base that have Blackberrys and definitely want to make sure they are getting everything needed out of the phones and service.
    Visitor: it would be VERY easy to do that: just release the new O/S version !
    Danielle: You are most welcome! I will be contacting you back within the next five days.
    Is anyone surprised ? I guess it's time to look at installing a leak....
    Dan-AddictedtoBB likes this.
    06-09-15 01:26 PM
    I have a contact that received an OTA update from Verizon for 10.3.2.798,
    (Q10 SQN100-2) even though he has run the 10.3.2.798 Blitz.
    Sachesi still shows 10.2.1 version.
    Nothing on my Z30 yet, OTA nor checking with BB Link.
    06-09-15 01:38 PM
    VZW Z30 running 10.3.2.798

Built Autoloader from Debrick and Radio. Ran Autoloader, then patched the VZW VVM file and performed a restore (minus BlackBerry Runtime) in order to get VZW VVM functioning (this is only necessary if you are on Verizon and use their VVM, and this is still the ONLY known way to get it working)

This build is working great. I have found zero issues in the past 2 days of use. Camera is improved. Even the small issues I had on 10.3.1 (Keyboard Feedback not silent with volume slider set to 0, and Volume rockers not working smoothly) are gone on this build. Everything running smooth, which is good since there is no going back. :-)

Posted via CB10
    I am intending to install the autoloader 10.3.2.2044 and as a Verizon user expect trouble with VVM. Do you have a link for the instructions for the workaround?
    katesbb likes this.
    06-12-15 06:36 PM
32 12