February 20th is what I got as an answer from Vector.
    Hopefully it arrives by then. The watch is really nice!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 10:38 AM
    Well it's the 21st and nothing as far as I can see.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 12:19 PM
    Well, I can't do anything about that... the email stated February 20th.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 02:25 PM
    I reached out to them and they said end of this week

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 11:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cool, can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 12:21 PM
    Cool, can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    Did you buy a vector yourself?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 07:23 AM
    Did you buy a vector yourself?

Posted via CB10
    No, but I can't wait to see the feedback of Vector users, there hasn't been that much people who tried Bridge with Vector yet and while the feedbacks are great, I'm anxious to see how well it performs with a larger user base.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 07:25 AM
    No, but I can't wait to see the feedback of Vector users, there hasn't been that much people who tried Bridge with Vector yet and while the feedbacks are great, I'm anxious to see how well it performs with a larger user base.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I wouldn't say it's overwhelming at the moment. I mean things work, I can receive calls, but that is all, at least until the 1.1.5 version is released. I'll give a proper feedback when I have the next release of the vector app...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 07:50 AM
    They must have a long week at Vector Watch Never trust a software release date! :-)

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 01:20 PM
    Do you get the actual SMS message and email title or just a notification?
    03-02-16 08:35 AM
    Do you get the actual SMS message and email title or just a notification?
    For email, you get sender + subject.
    For SMS, you get sender only (if I recall correctly, might be wrong on that one)

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 09:49 AM
    With the new stuff coming you get the whole SMS

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 03:15 PM
    With the new stuff coming you get the whole SMS

Posted via CB10
    Hi Nathan, I just updated the vector app and am testing things out. The only thing that works is the phone calls. I don't see any sms, emails or any other incoming messages triggering the watch.
    The watch firmware is updated, I have vector app, bridge and bridge droid installed... no clue where the issue might be? Maybe some settings that allow the notification being forwarded to the vector app / watch?
    Which permission settings do you have in all the apps (BlackBerry and android)?
    Would really be happy about a feedback. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 01:05 PM
    Hi Nathan, I just updated the vector app and am testing things out. The only thing that works is the phone calls. I don't see any sms, emails or any other incoming messages triggering the watch.
    The watch firmware is updated, I have vector app, bridge and bridge droid installed... no clue where the issue might be? Maybe some settings that allow the notification being forwarded to the vector app / watch?
    Which permission settings do you have in all the apps (BlackBerry and android)?
    Would really be happy about a feedback. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    It seems like they silently pushed 1.1.5.1 today, can you make sure you have the very last version installed.

Also, BlackBerry 10 users willl need to use my app Bridge in addition to Vector app. Bridge is a freemium app available in BlackBerry World, you'll be able to test the app for free for 3 days but you'll need to unlock it to continue using it after the trial is over.

More info here :
    https://vectorwatch.zendesk.com/hc/e...cles/207469285

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 02:58 PM
    The vector watch is a great product. I know some of the guys who worked this directly. Great guys and I think they did a fantastic job.
    03-05-16 05:44 PM
    Ordered Luna Flat Black on Amazon Thursday. Giddily waited for USPS this morning. USPS came about noon with the Amazon Prime box.

Perfect timing as the 1.5.1.x was released today. Opened box and Vector packaging. Removed watch. Felt solid and heavy. Put on arm. Pushed buttons, Hummm... no display. No problemo, must need to be charged. Looked in box for charger. Wait... What? No charger.

Dang!

Had to return to Amazon. Will need to wait another day, but all's not lost. I think the brushed black or champagne w/leather may be a better choice (plus the rubber strap was rather cheezy). All I can do now is Photo-chop a cool color (tapered band + custom notch) pre-visualization. Hopefully Narhim gets his working and can review soon.
    Vector Watch Smartwatch-luna-champ.jpg
    03-05-16 10:01 PM
    I'm going to revive this thread a bit (hopefully).

How is your experience with Vector watch after getting recent updates?

I was on the latest Pebble's Kickstarter campaign which didn't deliver. So at the moment I'm looking for possible "replacement" and since I'm all up for great battery life my eyes are more or less set on Vector. Still I would appreciate some first-hand experience.

Thank you!
    12-14-16 05:28 PM
    I have been using a Vector for 1-2 months. There is a detailed thread on the Vector experience. I'm too lazy to track down at moment but search for Vector and you'll find.

Also, you should know that I have been struggling with the Vector android app the last day. It is demanding that I do an update via The google play store. For obvious reasons, I'm not able to do this. So right now I am locked out of the app but I still get notifications. I just can't change settings, etc.

Cell Ninja is the one who wrote the Bridge app that makes vector compatible. He is looking into this. This could render Vector a no go for BB10 but I hope not. The watches are really gorgeous pieces. I recommend the Meridian in stainless steel.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 08:31 PM
    Thank you, I did find several threads after replying here. (also replied to your apk problem)

I am however mostly looking into objective experience with the watch:
    • BB10 compatibility
    • connectivity
    • updates (frequency) and new features
    • development possibilities (anything on opening up app development to 3rd party)
    • durability (performance and battery life after some mileage)
    • anything else worth noting

There are a lot of reviews of this watch, but all are quite old and from what I've heard, there have been quite a lot of positive updates to it.
    12-15-16 08:54 AM
    Thanks, ZanBB. I posted a pretty detailed write up on the main Vector thread. Basically, there is very little functionality other than the notifications.

I have not heard back from Cell Ninja yet on possible fixes to the crisis with the Vector app. I think he is on vacation and not working at the moment. I'm hoping he can figure out a solution.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 10:49 PM
    Thank you, I did read that. I still have some questions, though.
    How is connectivity (is it loosing signal)?
    How frequent are updates?
    Is the watch itself responsive and is battery life what they say it is?

He is currently on vacation, yes.
    12-16-16 08:05 AM
    Thank you, I did read that. I still have some questions, though.
    How is connectivity (is it loosing signal)?
    How frequent are updates?
    Is the watch itself responsive and is battery life what they say it is?

He is currently on vacation, yes.
    Connectivity is good and it will reconnect if it loses signal because you leave the room. Someone reported that the range is not as good as Pebble and I would have to agree that it is not quite as good.

Updates? I think the company is diligent about improving the android app. I think they take very seriously and it is polished app. Just from the apkpure website, it looks like they updated every couple of months. This really does not affect the BB10 users that much though because there is not much functionality available. I think the latest update provided a new watch face that I was enjoying but after I become unable to open up the app I have been unable to adjust the way that the date displays on the watch face. So I am using an older watch face that I like almost as much.

The watch is responsive but may be slightly more sluggish than the Pebble. This is more than made up by the really nice action on the buttons. They feel really premium like they are in a super luxury sedan or something.

Yes, the battery life is everything they say it is and more. I have to hold myself back from charging it because it never seems to go below 50%. I'm talking about weeks at a time. This alone is a reason to use this watch. You just have to become accustomed to not messing around with checking scores on ESPN on your watch. I've gotten used to this and it's probably for the better. The only thing I really miss is the music controls but even that is not so bad.

Also the way you cycle through notifications is significantly different. You might have already read about this. You have to go through them by scrolling through them one by one. You cannot read the subject line and then select which ones to open. This means that you'll want to use Cell Ninja's Bridge app to decide how many characters to display in each email because this impacts how quickly you can scroll through your emails.

I hope this is helpful. Also, I've said this before but I think the stainless steel finish looks really nice but the black finish is not as appealing as it is on the Pebble watches. It has a more rubbery look to it.
    12-16-16 01:27 PM
    Thank you for this extensive response!

I will order the Meridian steel one (would love Luna, but pricing is just too much).
    12-17-16 01:35 PM
    Rodger explained how to get around the Google Play Store prompt and provided a new apk link for the latest app. It works great!

You might want to experiment with aftermarket bands -- another benefit of the Vector over Pebble. There is a site that sells bands imported from Germany. It takes a month to receive but they last forever and look good. Here is mine with a mesh stainless band:

Vector Watch Smartwatch-img_20161217_114032.jpg

You might make out a scratch and chips at edge of glass. I think I worked out with it on and a metal weight hit it. So you can't abuse it too much. I think I can buy the right abrasive on Amazon to smooth out.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 01:44 PM
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/shop-watchstrap.html

This is where I have bought all my watch bands.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 01:47 PM
60 123