Hi everyone,

I currently use a BlackBerry Passport for work and a BlackBerry Priv as my personal phone. I am unable to be logged into BBM on both, which is fine, but I need BBM in order to use things like Face10 on my Passport (for a work Facebook account). So, I suppose I need to set up a new BBM for my Passport.

The only issue is, I can't figure out how to do it. I click on BBM and I get the following message:

'The BlackBerry ID.........is already associated with BBM on another device. Do you want to switch your BBM information to your current device?'

It lets me choose 'exit' or 'switch BBM'. I don't want to exit, and I don't want to switch. I want to create a new BBM.

Does anyone know what I need to do? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    02-19-16 06:52 AM
    Hi everyone,

I currently use a BlackBerry Passport for work and a BlackBerry Priv as my personal phone. I am unable to be logged into BBM on both, which is fine, but I need BBM in order to use things like Face10 on my Passport (for a work Facebook account). So, I suppose I need to set up a new BBM for my Passport.

The only issue is, I can't figure out how to do it. I click on BBM and I get the following message:

'The BlackBerry ID.........is already associated with BBM on another device. Do you want to switch your BBM information to your current device?'

It lets me choose 'exit' or 'switch BBM'. I don't want to exit, and I don't want to switch. I want to create a new BBM.

Does anyone know what I need to do? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    In order to change the BBID on your passport, you will have to wipe your entire device. Turn off BlackBerry Protect first. You will not be able to do a restore after, and all of your paid BB10 apps will be forever lost.
    02-19-16 07:13 AM
    In order to change the BBID on your passport, you will have to wipe your entire device. Turn off BlackBerry Protect first. You will not be able to do a restore after, and all of your paid BB10 apps will be forever lost.
    Thanks for your help. Is there not way I can just log into a different BBM?
    02-19-16 07:34 AM
    Thanks for your help. Is there not way I can just log into a different BBM?
    Not from a BB10 phone. BBM is locked to the BBID of the device.
    02-19-16 07:38 AM
    Ah, bugger. Well, cheers for the advice, I'll have to get backing up my Passport data!
    02-19-16 07:47 AM
    Set up under a different email

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:02 AM
    BBM is actually locked to the individual pin of each device, regardless of which BBID was used.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 02:19 PM
    BBM is actually locked to the individual pin of each device, regardless of which BBID was used.

Posted via CB10
    It's tied to the BBID in practice though, as one can log into any device with the same BBID and restore BBM completely. In other words, BBM will jump pins without blinking because it's associated to a specific BBID.
    02-19-16 02:25 PM
    It's tied to the BBID in practice though, as one can log into any device with the same BBID and restore BBM completely. In other words, BBM will jump pins without blinking because it's associated to a specific BBID.
    Your BBM will, but for everyone else they'll see 2 different pins, 2 different devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 03:44 AM
    Your BBM will, but for everyone else they'll see 2 different pins, 2 different devices.

Posted via CB10
    Of course not. I switch between devices and no one else sees multiple contacts for me. It is all seemlessly taken care of server side.

When I change phones (upgrade or switch between them) no one else would ever know.
    02-20-16 08:37 AM
    I have a Passport and a legacy device (keep switching between 9810 and 9720). I have only one BlackBerry ID. It is not hard to switch BBM between devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 02:45 PM
    no not hard, it just take time to reinstall everything on the next device
    02-21-16 07:27 PM