Having the Z10 since its launch in Switzerland, there are 2 User Interface Improvements, I would love to see implemented.

I)

When one makes the peek and decides to reply to a message, the UI should give the user 2 options.

1) Swipe from right to left:
    Go back into the app the user had open before he went into HUB.

2) Swipe up from the bottom bezel with BlackBerry logo:
    Go back into the multi tasking view.

The only question is, if this would introduce too much confusion...

II)

Improve the active frames.

I think that CB Kevin once had a "Brainstorming BB10" editorial, where he said that it would be great if one could pin an active frame to a certain place.

I would love to see that, but I would also like to see the active frames becoming more widget like, and that they give the User the ability to have more possibilities of interaction with them.

For this to work, I think that BlackBerry should give active frames a "widget mode".

This could be achieved, through implementing a "widget button" on the active frame itself.
    Think of a little icon on it, like the close button (the "x" icon on every one of them), but in the middle of it, that you press.

A simple example would be the music app.
    Hypothetically speaking:
    In "widget mode" that I toggled through the little icon on the active frame, a GUI appears in it, that gives me the option of letting me command the music app, without the need to go in it. Like this I could skip/reverse, play/pause just from the task switcher without waisting the time of going in the app.

(I know the the volume keys can achieve the same thing. But this is a simple example to illustrate how it could work, and why it saves time so we can be more productive on our BlackBerries.)

Through this example we see, that this could be useful for a lot of apps.

Let's take the CB App as another example.
    This app could allow us to directly jump into a news article, if the active frame is in "widget mode", without going into the app to search for it.

I like the active frames, but they have way more potential, compared to the way they are used now.

Dear CrackBerry community, please tell me what you think about these user interface improvements!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 07-13-13 at 10:15 PM.
    07-13-13 09:50 PM
    Great ideas!

I've always wondered about a carousel view similar to the PlayBook multi tasking and how great it would be to have on my z10....sometimes I need flip between two open apps and peeking back to the active frame view is a bit repetitive

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and Anilu7 like this.
    07-13-13 09:57 PM
    There are a lot of great ideas on here. I wonder if BlackBerry even visit the site lol

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-13-13 09:59 PM
    I don't have one but it sounds like a good idea
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-13-13 10:07 PM
    This sounds great! Hope it is doable and not that hard to implement.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-13-13 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the positive comments!

I really hope that this could be implemented.

The first suggestion would improve the flow, the other one would give the Active Frames an even better reason d'etre.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    07-13-13 10:32 PM
    I think these ideas would make the OS much more useful and easier to command. Good thinking!!
    07-14-13 06:32 AM
    Having the Z10 since its launch in Switzerland, there are 2 User Interface Improvements, I would love to see implemented.

I)

When one makes the peek and decides to reply to a message, the UI should give the user 2 options.

1) Swipe from right to left:
    Go back into the app the user had open before he went into HUB.

2) Swipe up from the bottom bezel with BlackBerry logo:
    Go back into the multi tasking view.

The only question is, if this would introduce too much confusion...

II)

Improve the active frames.

I think that CB Kevin once had a "Brainstorming BB10" editorial, where he said that it would be great if one could pin an active frame to a certain place.

I would love to see that, but I would also like to see the active frames becoming more widget like, and that they give the User the ability to have more possibilities of interaction with them.

For this to work, I think that BlackBerry should give active frames a "widget mode".

This could be achieved, through implementing a "widget button" on the active frame itself.
    Think of a little icon on it, like the close button (the "x" icon on every one of them), but in the middle of it, that you press.

A simple example would be the music app.
    Hypothetically speaking:
    In "widget mode" that I toggled through the little icon on the active frame, a GUI appears in it, that gives me the option of letting me command the music app, without the need to go in it. Like this I could skip/reverse, play/pause just from the task switcher without waisting the time of going in the app.

(I know the the volume keys can achieve the same thing. But this is a simple example to illustrate how it could work, and why it saves time so we can be more productive on our BlackBerries.)

Through this example we see, that this could be useful for a lot of apps.

Let's take the CB App as another example.
    This app could allow us to directly jump into a news article, if the active frame is in "widget mode", without going into the app to search for it.

I like the active frames, but they have way more potential, compared to the way they are used now.

Dear CrackBerry community, please tell me what you think about these user interface improvements!

Posted via CB10
    Some great ideas, why not visit BlackBerry beta zone and post them in the feature requests thread.
    07-14-13 09:24 AM
    Some great ideas, why not visit BlackBerry beta zone and post them in the feature requests thread.
    I never used the beta zone before trying out BBM Channels, so my knowledge considering it is pretty limited.

Is it easy to create feature requests for these 2 suggestions?

If yes, I might very well do so.

Edit:

I wanted to think about the idea a little bit more though.

A widget mode might very well give us the option of having active frames expand their size and do other funky stuff, therefore I wanted to know if there is some resonance with the user base.

As of now, I think the reaction is rather lacklustre

I need more comments

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 07-14-13 at 09:24 PM.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    07-14-13 12:31 PM
    I never used the beta zone before trying out BBM Channels, so my knowledge considering it pretty limited.

Is it easy to create feature requests for these 2 suggestions?

If yes, I might very well do so.

Edit:

I wanted to think about the idea a little bit more though.

A widget mode might very well give us the option of having active frames expand their size and do other funky stuff, therefore I wanted to know if there is some resonance with the user base.

As of now, I think the reaction is rather lacklustre

I need more comments

Posted via CB10
    This is a feature request thread on Beta Zone, do a search and it'll come up. There's also a CrackBerry thread that posts current ruquests on to CrackBerry.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    07-14-13 06:02 PM
    CUSTOMIZATION : Lost word on Blackberry Dictionary.
    Right now the main screen its kinda bad joke. Zero productivity.
    Last night (in a meeting) Im showing off my phone to some friends and EVERY one whos looking at asks me the same:
    "Why those blocky icons (active frames) wont interact in some way"
    "Can you skin them (???) because they are fugly! (not rearrangeable, not resizable, fking static also)"
    "why incomming messages/notifications wont show up on main screen (top bar or wherever)"
    ... "hey dude you have to keep doing "this" (swipe up) every time you want to go back?"...
    ..."wha, no lock shortcut? just only power btn? wtf?..."

Then I've realized that it wont be a friendly UI at all...
    07-14-13 11:51 PM
    First off excellent post.. now regarding the "pins" or widgets idea. I think it is brilliant and I have read it before as well. I would enjoy having my weather app up at all times and say CB . Also say the PGA tour app while a major championship is played (love there active tile for tournaments).

I think this would further the customized feel for each persons phone, the real question would be battery life as it would change things.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-15-13 02:32 AM
    First off excellent post.. now regarding the "pins" or widgets idea. I think it is brilliant and I have read it before as well. I would enjoy having my weather app up at all times and say CB . Also say the PGA tour app while a major championship is played (love there active tile for tournaments).

I think this would further the customized feel for each persons phone, the real question would be battery life as it would change things.

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I would say that this shouldn't be a real problem for the battery life, as active frames drain it a little bit anyway, and it works on Androids too, without killing the battery completely.
    And thank you for the kind words!

My suggestion would also give us as users the option, to transform an active frame into a widget whenever we want to.

I would love BlackBerry to implement more possibilities of customization, as it would help to please more users.

Another option I would love to see implemented is what Samsung calls "multi window".

Android Central made a nice little tutorial about it:

Here a picture:

This feature could easily be implemented on BB10, through the use of the multitasking view/task switcher.
    One could just pinch 2 apps from it together, and "multi window" mode has been enabled.

This would work extremely well together with the HUB, if my first suggestion would be implemented, where a swipe from right to left in the unified inbox would bring one back into the previously running app, as I could now multitask simultaneously between 2 Apps and the HUB.

I have to admit that I haven't thought exactly about the UI steps, one would have to use so that he can terminate "multi-window-mode", but it seems logical, to just use the bar inbetween two apps (as was shown in the video) to decide on which app to leave in the foreground.
    The browser would need a text-reflow option though, for that to work efficiently, and the new A10 would be a prime candidate to introduce this feature, as it has a bigger display (I would still like to see it in the Z10 though, multi Window on the keyboard devices seems useless though).

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:27 AM
    This is a feature request thread on Beta Zone, do a search and it'll come up. There's also a CrackBerry thread that posts current ruquests on to CrackBerry.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    I'll look at it, this evening. Thanks for now!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 12:42 PM
    Personally, I would say that this shouldn't be a real problem for the battery life, as active frames drain it a little bit anyway, and it works on Androids too, without killing the battery completely.
    And thank you for the kind words!

My suggestion would also give us as users the option, to transform an active frame into a widget whenever we want to.

I would love BlackBerry to implement more possibilities of customization, as it would help to please more users.

Another option I would love to see implemented is what Samsung calls "multi window".

Android Central made a nice little tutorial about it:

Here a picture:
    http://www.samsunggalaxys4manual.com...-galaxy-s4.jpg

This feature could easily be implemented on BB10, through the use of the multitasking view/task switcher.
    One could just pinch 2 apps from it together, and "multi window" mode has been enabled.

This would work extremely well together with the HUB, if my first suggestion would be implemented, where a swipe from right to left in the unified inbox would bring one back into the previously running app, as I could now multitask simultaneously between 2 Apps and the HUB.

I have to admit that I haven't thought exactly about the UI steps, one would have to use so that he can terminate "multi-window-mode", but it seems logical, to just use the bar inbetween two apps (as was shown in the video) to decide on which app to leave in the foreground.
    The browser would need a text-reflow option though, for that to work efficiently, and the new A10 would be a prime candidate to introduce this feature, as it has a bigger display (I would still like to see it in the Z10 though, multi Window on the keyboard devices seems useless though).

Posted via CB10
    I really like this right-to-left swipe to get between the Hub and a maximized app -- like the PlayBook does. As for the widget idea, pinning an app to the top of the set of 8 active frames would be handy when I'm using several at the same time. That way I can always get back to one or two particular ones fast.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-15-13 10:17 PM
    I really like this right-to-left swipe to get between the Hub and a maximized app -- like the PlayBook does. As for the widget idea, pinning an app to the top of the set of 8 active frames would be handy when I'm using several at the same time. That way I can always get back to one or two particular ones fast.
    Thank you for your kind words, dear Anilu

I personally would like to have "pinning" and "widget-mode" to be 2 different things, as they are 2 answers for 2 different problems.

I hope that I worded that well enough before.
    In widget mode, my active frame shall become something that I can interact with, without going fully into that app.
    As of now, the task switcher is "just" a location where I can do exactly what the definition means: switch tasks.

But the way BB10 presents it, as a single page between icons and the HUB, gives a lot of possibilities how to let me, the user, interact with it in a more meaningful way.

Widget mode, app pinnings and "pinch to multi-window" are just some ideas, on how to utilize the task switcher, if it is here anyhow.

I'll probably post a feature request thread considering these in the BlackBerry Beta Zone tonight or tomorrow morning.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:31 AM
    These are great ideas especially swiping back to the app with peak

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:44 PM
    These are great ideas especially swiping back to the app with peak

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much

I still have to think about the right implementation though.

As of now, I would say that BB10 should only let me go back into the full screen app, instead of the task switcher, when I made the peak, out of the app.

This means, that if I am in the task switcher, instead of an app, and I decide to go into the HUB, the UI should bring me back to the task switcher when I swipe from the right to the left, being in the HUB.

Therefore we have 2 use cases:

1) Making the peak out of a full screen app, and deciding to stay in the HUB.

} A swipe from right to left brings me back into the app I had open before I replied to a message.

2) Going into the HUB from the taskswitcher pane, to do whatever I want.

} A swipe from right to left brings me back into the task switcher.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:12 AM
    Update:
    I finally joined the Beta Zone, and posted the ideas in the feature request section.

If we have users who are members there as well, and who like the ideas, please visit the respective threads there!

Pinch to Split-Screen:
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/18222

Swipe right to left in the HUB:
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/18220

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:54 PM