Wait what? He mentions a ported app that is used to check rooted something other which a bb is not! Ported app and a sideload are 2 different things. You mentioned sideloading and the ability to load apks directly onto the device in 10.2.1 which has nothing to do with a ported app that has nothing to do with op. Comparatively it would be like installing a "cascade checker app" onto a wmp.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?

Interesting that you failed to answer my question: "Anyway, wouldn't a BB WORLD thread be a better place for this?" This IS the "Blackberry 10 OS" forum. Wouldn't "BlackBerry World" or "BlackBerry 10 Apps" be a better place for this discussion? Here we have an OP that discusses whether some "useless apps have begun to infiltrate BlacBerry World" and then posts in the OS 10 forum. So here we have an OP posting in the wrong forum talking about apps that shouldn't be available in BBWorld. Seems more than a little zany!

Even more crazy are some of the examples and discussions of useless apps. Makes me wonder what some people do for a living or with their spare time.

The point I initially, and poorly, was attempting to make is that soon we'll be downloading Google apps directly to our devices. I would suspect that there is an aggressive (and obviously careless) move to populate BBWorld with such apps. Also, I have to agree that if one doesn't like an app for whatever reason, ignore it! Heck...I've never even seen a fart app in BBWorld (becuase I'm not looking for one) and if I did I would surely ignore it, along with thousands of other apps I have no use for.
    12-31-13 01:40 PM
    So here we have an OP posting in the wrong forum talking about apps that shouldn't be available in BBWorld. Seems more than a little zany!
    More than a little zany? If you know what you're talking about, then you're calling me "an erratic or eccentric person," according to Google.

Sorry you think that way. The reason I started this thread inside BlackBerry 10 OS was because, as far as I know, the Android apps in question involve only the BB10. If the moderator thinks this thread is out of place, I wouldn't mind if he or she closes it or moves it to the right forum.

Even more crazy are some of the examples and discussions of useless apps. Makes me wonder what some people do for a living or with their spare time.
    You also spend time reading messages and replying to them in this thread. If people think like you do, they'd also be wondering the same about you.
    12-31-13 08:16 PM
    BlackBerry World gate keepers don't give a damn about quality. Quantity, quantity, quantity is their mantra; it reminds me of Steve Ballmar screaming at a developers conference, "Programmers. Programmers. Programmers."

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-31-13 09:08 PM
    BlackBerry World gate keepers don't give a damn about quality. Quantity, quantity, quantity is their mantra; it reminds me of Steve Ballmar screaming at a developers conference, "Programmers. Programmers. Programmers."

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Come on now. It's not much better on other platforms.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 10:17 PM
    just installed Tennis Coaching. lol very useless. all it was is a video with 80s rock music in the background. no menu or anything. even worse the guys playing in the vid cant play either.
    01-01-14 09:48 AM
    More than a little zany? If you know what you're talking about, then you're calling me "an erratic or eccentric person," according to Google.

Sorry you think that way. The reason I started this thread inside BlackBerry 10 OS was because, as far as I know, the Android apps in question involve only the BB10. If the moderator thinks this thread is out of place, I wouldn't mind if he or she closes it or moves it to the right forum.

You also spend time reading messages and replying to them in this thread. If people think like you do, they'd also be wondering the same about you.
    Sorry for the hyperbole and I never called YOU zany. I think it's obvious I was referring to the whole situation. Look at your statement: "What is happening to BlackBerry World?" Maybe I missed something but I never read a statement from you about the effect these useless apps are having on OS10. Anyway, I'm not the "posting police."

Once upon a time there was more emphasis from the mods on placing a thread in the correct forum. There was also emphasis on redundancy. Now the same question can be asked an infinite number of times (yours was not) in any forum. Sorry...more hyperbole.

Also, if more people thought like I did there would be a lot less redundancy in these forums. I have not had to ask one question about any issue or feature on my Z10 because the questions were already asked and answered. There's a decent search engine on this site and more people should use it. Apologies, these comments are really for another forum. As for what someone might be wondering about me...I really don't care. I'm not an insecure individual.

Finally, thank you for bringing up the good point about useless junk in BBWorld. We're all individuals and some will ignore the junk and others will comment about it. Happy New Year!
    01-01-14 11:14 AM
    I don't see why BlackBerry World can't be organised by subject area, as it was for BBOS. I wouldn't mind all these offline maps and ebooks if they were in their respective categories, and the only new arrivals we'd see would be for the category we're browsing. Of course, then the abysmal number of quality apps would be much more apparent. I guess we won't see any organisation for a while yet...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 04:42 PM
    This could be where BBW is heading.
    01-02-14 07:32 PM
    The prevalence of "App for" is making bbw a huge joke.

If BlackBerry doesn't clean it up soon, it will be completely irrelevant with apps like Snap.

The quality of apps is brutal in general, and finding good ones is tougher and tougher. They need a mass clean up of all those trash apps (including the ones with fake five star reviews like this http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/44940926 - A0B1C1 is very generous with their five star reviews of a number of these types of apps, could work on spelling and grammar though).

Posted via CB10
    pcuser likes this.
    01-07-14 03:49 PM
59 123