Here's a Z30 doing some pretty neat things. Sorry if it's a repost

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:39 PM
    Can this be done on the Z10 with 10.2?
    10-13-13 04:53 PM
    Neither at this current stage, no. UTB host may be achievable via an accessory and/or media dock, if BlackBerry decides to develop such a thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 04:57 PM
    Try that with an iPhone HA!. BlackBerry should really advertise this type of use. (I know androids can do this as well)

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 05:13 PM
    Yes this can be done with a z10, minus the mirrorcast though, you would have to use hdmi.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 05:14 PM
    Yes this can be done with a z10, minus the mirrorcast though, you would have to use hdmi.

Posted via CB10
    Uh, which part of USB host and/or Miracast can be achieved on a Z10 currently? Even with the latest 10.2 leak? Using wifi vs. streaming over an hdmi cable are two entirely different features.

I own a Z10 and am quite proud of it, but I'll stay truthful about what can and can't be done on it.

P.S. Though it's called something different and requires additional hardware, iPhones can achieve similar functionality to Miracast; it's proprietary and referred to as "AirPlay." Don't forget, iOS7 also introduced the ability to share files/media with others via wifi as well in place of NFC pairing.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:29 AM
    To be fair I believe all of this is Z30 only. Pretty sure host mode is potentially possible on Z10 but not enabled, bit not sure on that. Again, this is all Z30 only. For now.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-14-13 01:10 AM
    Uh, which part of USB host and/or Miracast can be achieved on a Z10 currently? Even with the latest 10.2 leak? Using wifi vs. streaming over an hdmi cable are two entirely different features.

I own a Z10 and am quite proud of it, but I'll stay truthful about what can and can't be done on it.

P.S. Though it's called something different and requires additional hardware, iPhones can achieve similar functionality to Miracast; it's proprietary and referred to as "AirPlay." Don't forget, iOS7 also introduced the ability to share files/media with others via wifi as well in place of NFC pairing.

Posted via CB10
    I Cleary said you'd have to use a hdmi cable maybe you need to read again. And I use a bluetooth mouse all the time with my z10. Little research never hurt no one.

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-14-13 03:14 AM
    Does the Z10 have OTG?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:28 AM
    I Cleary said you'd have to use a hdmi cable maybe you need to read again. And I use a bluetooth mouse all the time with my z10. Little research never hurt no one.

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    Lol okie dokie, let's do this one at a time...

1) The poster asked if "this" could be done on the Z10. Without specifying what "this" is referring to, one would admittedly be assuming that the poster was referring to the topics of the thread which, upon reading the thread title, clearly state "Miracast and OTG Host Mode." Again I'll be the first to admit it: this is an assumption, but a rather educated one given the way it was made.

From that assumption, we can then attempt to answer the question posed. That specific question, whether the Z10 supports Miracast and USB OTG, can (currently) only be answered with "no" or "not yet (possibly)." I would be thrilled if you could prove me wrong though, because I love to find out new features on my phone (did I already mention how in love I am with my Z10? I'm coming from a Storm 2 here...)

2) Your statement that you use a bluetooth mouse with your phone all the time seems a bit out of place here. What does that have to do with Miracast (wire-free HD media streaming via wifi) or USB OTG (letting your mobile device serve as a host for other devices/peripherals via USB connection)? I too use bluetooth to connect my Z10 to other devices but I fail to see what that has to do with the question or topic of this thread...

So again, I am admitting for the third time that I have made a significant assumption in the specific question that the above poster asked. However, without additional information, we really can't say with certainty what exactly s/he was referring to. But, given the topic of the thread, it's a pretty reasonable assumption to make that the question was pertaining to Miracast and USB OTG, neither of which are (currently) achievable with a BlackBerry Z10 device. As to the other features showcased in the video, many of them are shared with the Z10, as both phones are BB10 devices and support the 10.2 OS.

Does the Z10 have OTG?

Posted via CB10
    Not on its own, no. The USB port (i.e. the hardware) doesn't support it, but theoretically could through the use of a dongle or charging/media stand.

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    10-14-13 09:52 AM
    When you say it doesnt support it and i need a dongle.. do u mean i just need that female usb to mini usb port and it would work? Or its something that hasnt been available for the z10?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:13 AM
    When you say it doesnt support it and i need a dongle.. do u mean i just need that female usb to mini usb port and it would work? Or its something that hasnt been available for the z10?

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe it's supported software-wise for the Z10 yet either (like how the Q10 has the UI built in for Wifi Direct) so it wouldn't help to get the converter. But, something like that should work from what I've read.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:52 AM
    Try that with an iPhone HA!. BlackBerry should really advertise this type of use. (I know androids can do this as well)

Posted via CB10
    Do like the iPad vs Windows tablet commercials on this features. =0)

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2 on AT&T
    10-14-13 11:01 AM
    Lol okie dokie, let's do this one at a time...

1) The poster asked if "this" could be done on the Z10. Without specifying what "this" is referring to, one would admittedly be assuming that the poster was referring to the topics of the thread which, upon reading the thread title, clearly state "Miracast and OTG Host Mode." Again I'll be the first to admit it: this is an assumption, but a rather educated one given the way it was made.

From that assumption, we can then attempt to answer the question posed. That specific question, whether the Z10 supports Miracast and USB OTG, can (currently) only be answered with "no" or "not yet (possibly)." I would be thrilled if you could prove me wrong though, because I love to find out new features on my phone (did I already mention how in love I am with my Z10? I'm coming from a Storm 2 here...)

2) Your statement that you use a bluetooth mouse with your phone all the time seems a bit out of place here. What does that have to do with Miracast (wire-free HD media streaming via wifi) or USB OTG (letting your mobile device serve as a host for other devices/peripherals via USB connection)? I too use bluetooth to connect my Z10 to other devices but I fail to see what that has to do with the question or topic of this thread...

So again, I am admitting for the third time that I have made a significant assumption in the specific question that the above poster asked. However, without additional information, we really can't say with certainty what exactly s/he was referring to. But, given the topic of the thread, it's a pretty reasonable assumption to make that the question was pertaining to Miracast and USB OTG, neither of which are (currently) achievable with a BlackBerry Z10 device. As to the other features showcased in the video, many of them are shared with the Z10, as both phones are BB10 devices and support the 10.2 OS.

Not on its own, no. The USB port (i.e. the hardware) doesn't support it, but theoretically could through the use of a dongle or charging/media stand.

Posted via CB10
    I never once said that the z10 can do this with mirrorcast and use host, I clearly said and will say again since people don't understand, that this can be achieved on a z10 using a hdmi cord, bluetooth mouse n keyboard.

I don't care dmfor all the other bs my info your spitting out, I own a q10, 3 z10s, and will have a z30 when it comes out on top of my other devices, I've very tech say and know what can be achieved on each o's.

10-14-13 11:36 AM
    Now, now

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:58 AM
    Very impressive indeed. Now if we could install a printer driver and spool documents to the printer from it.
    10-14-13 12:08 PM
    I believe the Z10 has usb hosting on 10.2 although I haven't tried it yet so I can't be certain. As for mircast, I really hope the z10 gets it in the official release.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:11 PM
    The z10 won't ever have Miracast

However you can accomplish something pretty similar to this with hdmi out and blue tooth mouse and keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:58 PM
    As stated, the Z10 has support for usb hosting in the new releases but the hardware is not compatible. Only via a dock if it is made available. Miracast is probably the same deal. Only via add on hardware. But, this is a strong incentive for me to get a Z30. If it has all this at launch, that's Damn cool. And it's the flagship, it needs those features to separate it from the 10 and to drive sales. How many of you ditched your Galaxy Sxx for the next one just because of specs? Makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:32 PM
    The z10 won't ever have Miracast

However you can accomplish something pretty similar to this with hdmi out and blue tooth mouse and keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Careful I said the exact same thing and had some idiots jump on my back.

10-14-13 08:49 PM
    Lol... Kids, this is why reading is fundamental.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:30 PM
    Lol... Kids, this is why reading is fundamental.

Posted via CB10
    Kids? I own a retail franchises, far from a child lol.

10-15-13 12:49 AM
    Kids? I own a retail franchises, far from a child lol.

Oy vey... that wasn't directed at you. And even if it was, it's not meant literally.

But, since I have your attention, I would recommend that you reconsider your use of the word "idiots," considering 1) you admitted that you didn't even fully read my posts (really, you should), and 2) the mods don't take too kindly to language like that.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:06 AM
    Dam I would love to use UBS host one my Q10 while im at my computer to respond to messages and stuff. It would be cool to make it a 2nd screen so you can use your computer and just switch to Q10 instantly my moving the mouse to the 2nd screen
    11-11-13 11:47 PM