Guys I am going to an event tomorrow. My phone's battery is only 20%, its 2:20 AM and I have to wake up at 8:00AM. I turned off my Z30 and then connected the charger. Now I see the red, yellow light blinking. Now it will be charging overnight, will it have an affect on the battery life?
    02-06-15 04:20 PM
    Guys I am going to an event tomorrow. My phone's battery is only 20%, its 2:20 AM and I have to wake up at 8:00AM. I turned off my Z30 and then connected the charger. Now I see the red, yellow light blinking. Now it will be charging overnight, will it have an affect on the battery life?
    no the're li-ion batteries when red light will turn green your charger will not charge anymore it is like idling,but it will go bad if you don't charge it for long period of time
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    02-06-15 04:25 PM
    You can't overcharge a smartphone from this decade. Built in charge controlling mechanisms and stuff.
    02-06-15 04:44 PM
    Always charge my PP overnight, same as the others say, it charges then stops when full

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    02-06-15 05:09 PM
    Man, I see some weird battery charging ideas and concerns around these forums (especially since the Classic was launched). You'd think this was a Marine or RV fan site, with people meticulously babying their thousand-dollar deep cycle battery banks.

I feel sorry that people have been worrying so much about modern consumer electronics batteries. These things are much more resilient and intelligently controlled than a jar of water that will overflow and break if you fill it up too much.

Relax, stop worrying about your mobile device batteries. There are too many other more pressing concerns in life!

Posted via CB10
    LostOnThePianoRoll and jpvj like this.
    02-06-15 05:34 PM
    Man, I see some weird battery charging ideas and concerns around these forums
    You could say that again...

I've been charging my cell phones overnight for the past 15 years. I've never had the slightest problem. Do you think they really expect you to sit next to the phone and pull it off the charger as soon as it's done?
    02-06-15 05:52 PM
    When I over charge my Z30 during the night, I observe the battery gets drained faster the next day.. when I charge it and disconnect on full charge it shows a better performance.. I have no clue on these smartphone batteries and it's behaviours...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 06:16 AM
    When I over charge my Z30 during the night, I observe the battery gets drained faster the next day.. when I charge it and disconnect on full charge it shows a better performance.. I have no clue on these smartphone batteries and it's behaviours...

Posted via CB10
    You're just being paranoid. There is no way to overcharge the battery unless you have destroyed the voltage regulator circuit by plugging in a malfunctioning charger (in which case the battery is the least of your concerns).

Most charging algorithms provide for a quick charge period to reach up to a 90-something % of charge, and then switch to a very slow trickle charge to top up. What shows up as a 'full' battery symbol initially is likely not (it's just to make you feel good). Other algorithms also will purposely allow the battery to drop a charge even down to 50% while plugged in (Lenovo does this with their laptops to maintain battery capacity even if the laptop is plugged in at a desk for most of its life).

Anyway,.. do you watch your toilet every time after you flush to make sure it stops once it reaches the full level? Probably not. If you trust a toilet, then why not a highly engineered modern smartphone?

Probably because most understand a toilet's float valve, and feel comfortable with what they understand,..

... while they likely don't understand electronics, and thus have to resort to some crazy voodoo "explanations" to feel comfortable with something they don't understand (also explains religion).

Posted via CB10
    jpvj likes this.
    02-07-15 07:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.
    02-07-15 07:42 AM
    Hope Prince slept tight the last night

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    02-07-15 07:48 AM
    Hope Prince slept tight the last night

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha! I did
    02-07-15 08:55 AM