hello there guyz i am new to z10. currently have an issue when i start my phone first time it gives me update about Os of 10.2.1.2976 which i do not know how automatically downloading well i doubt on os and mostly i am aware that update will cause some issue's so i do wanna stop that but i can't when ever i connect to wifi it again resume from which it pause cuz of turrning off wifi. The new OS has the size of 378Mb which is downloading currently. there is no option to stop it plz advise how to stop it i turn off automatic updates but this downloading can't be stop... the current ver of os in the phone is 10.2.1.537
    11-10-14 12:57 PM
    hello there guyz i am new to z10. currently have an issue when i start my phone first time it gives me update about Os of 10.2.1.2976 which i do not know how automatically downloading well i doubt on os and mostly i am aware that update will cause some issue's so i do wanna stop that but i can't when ever i connect to wifi it again resume from which it pause cuz of turrning off wifi. The new OS has the size of 378Mb which is downloading currently. there is no option to stop it plz advise how to stop it i turn off automatic updates but this downloading can't be stop... the current ver of os in the phone is 10.2.1.537
    Go to Settings, Software Updates, click the settings icon and turn off automatic software updates.

See this:

urgent need help about OS  how to stop downloading OS-img_20141111_002821.png
    urgent need help about OS  how to stop downloading OS-img_20141111_002832.png
    urgent need help about OS  how to stop downloading OS-img_20141111_002836.png

Varun Shah,
    BBM Channel: C002CA0BA
    Twitter: @imvarunshah
    Facebook: cavarunshah

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3442)
    11-10-14 01:00 PM
    yeah i already done that but the problem is that the os which start downloading before turning off this feature is not stopping.. how to stop that ?? when ever i connect from wifi it resume which i explain above
    11-10-14 01:10 PM
    Who cares....
    First off, if it's an official OS then it won't cause any problems to your device.
    Second of all, as long as you don't push install the OS won't install if you don't want it to.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:13 PM
    Who cares....
    First off, if it's an official OS then it won't cause any problems to your device.
    Second of all, as long as you don't push install the OS won't install if you don't want it to.

Posted via CB10
    so what's the mean of downloading the os if its ask me to install waste of storage any way to stop that simple question ?
    11-10-14 01:16 PM
    so what's the mean of downloading the os if its ask me to install waste of storage any way to stop that simple question ?
    Reboot your phone. That might cancel the process.
    11-10-14 01:24 PM
    Reboot your phone. That might cancel the process.

already tried that can't help this any other way please
    11-10-14 01:35 PM
    yeah i already done that but the problem is that the os which start downloading before turning off this feature is not stopping.. how to stop that ?? when ever i connect from wifi it resume which i explain above
    Well update is good. Install it. If not then Search in software updates in settings menu. There may stop or cancel button to the right of Pause button. Maybe. Don't remember exactly.

Varun Shah,

11-10-14 01:43 PM
    Can you explain why you don't want to install the update?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:54 PM
    Can you explain why you don't want to install the update?

Posted via CB10
    just don't want any bug or issue's, i had previously very bad experience since then i m not update anything at all if runs ok then no need to poke it
    11-10-14 02:01 PM
    just don't want any bug or issue's, i had previously very bad experience since then i m not update anything at all if runs ok then no need to poke it
    How do you know that this version will have bugs or issues?
    11-10-14 02:02 PM
    I installed the same update for my Z3. It's properly working without any bugs. Rather, I'll say previous bugs have almost been sort out. I came to know from a source that one of these were BBM related bugs which have been solved.

That's why the size of the update is so big. So go ahead and update.

Varun Shah,

11-10-14 02:07 PM
    I installed the same update for my Z3. It's properly working without any bugs. Rather, I'll say previous bugs have almost been sort out. I came to know from a source that one of these were BBM related bugs which have been solved.

That's why the size of the update is so big. So go ahead and update.

Varun Shah,

Now this drive me crazy i am so f%&@K hate this after yesterday post and reaction i decide to upgrade and let the download and install after installing a pack of 434 Mb now its automatically again downloading another pack of 934 Mb what the hell is happening why it keeps upgrade even after i turn off the auto upgrades. i just have using this phone about 2 days and its seems like that i have to back again to my bold 4 which is a lot user friendly then this bbz10. any suggestion to stop this help will be very appreciated
    11-11-14 11:51 AM
    Now this drive me crazy i am so f%&@K hate this after yesterday post and reaction i decide to upgrade and let the download and install after installing a pack of 434 Mb now its automatically again downloading another pack of 934 Mb what the hell is happening why it keeps upgrade even after i turn off the auto upgrades. i just have using this phone about 2 days and its seems like that i have to back again to my bold 4 which is a lot user friendly then this bbz10. any suggestion to stop this help will be very appreciated
    Ok. Let it update again. You may have purchased the old model of Z10. May be that's why. Coz there are lots and lots of updates after the initial OS.

There is no problem with Z10. So just chill and update.

_____________________________________ Varun Shah,

Last edited by iamvarunshah; 11-11-14 at 01:01 PM.
    11-11-14 12:01 PM
    Just a note : Carrier can enforce updates...
    11-11-14 12:17 PM
    You're ridiculous let it update nothing will happen. You're probably running an extremely outdated version of its updating so many times.

Also there is no way to stop it.
    Sorry, but not really

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:43 PM
    Dude just let it update man. Updates = bugs getting fixed. If everyone on the latest os says there are no bugs in the latest updates I don't see why you gotta be worried about getting new bugs in the newest updates. I've been using bb10 since it came out, and honestly speaking it's the best OS BlackBerry has dished out. User friendliness wise you just gotta explore your phone man.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:37 PM