This actually works. You to change the date to one day behind and blackberry ID will accept your credentials. I just did this on my Blackberry classic a few moments ago. 8/15/19
    Same here. Worked without a hitch with this workaround. (I actually went back two days on my one and only try.)
    08-16-19 01:32 AM
    I believe I tried both. Connected and not connected. Most of my tries have been connected and I'm connecting through my home Wi-Fi/Comcast. I had read some sort of work around for a similar type situation yesterday and I used another phone and connected via hot spot and tried to login as well. No cigar.
    Question,

Is this a new phone or an existing phone that was recently wiped?

Dumb question, but you`re not dealing with a scenario where the BBID is still linked to another account and you MUST login with that original account? (ie. the previous owner)
    08-16-19 07:08 AM
    Good morning guys, I have a Blackberry Passport, it does not accept the ID and does not have the option to back date, because I did a general reset and I'm stuck in this procedure, any solution? I'm from Brazil.
    08-16-19 07:44 AM
    Question,

Is this a new phone or an existing phone that was recently wiped?

Dumb question, but you`re not dealing with a scenario where the BBID is still linked to another account and you MUST login with that original account? (ie. the previous owner)
    This bought this phone through ATT 4 years ago. Did my first wipe on it the other day and hardly had any apps or anything on it. I have had a few BlackBerry's through them over the years. I or shall I say they are the original owners.
    08-16-19 08:41 AM
    This bought this phone through ATT 4 years ago. Did my first wipe on it the other day and hardly had any apps or anything on it. I have had a few BlackBerry's through them over the years. I or shall I say they are the original owners.
    Ah okay.

Really doesn't make sense that you're having this situation then
    08-16-19 08:42 AM
    Ah okay.

Really doesn't make sense that you're having this situation then
    I tried removing my phone from BB Protect (said that it wasn't active, but it had been), just to see if this would make a difference and it did not. I thought it may be related to the enabled protection, due to some of the messaging. I haven't looked back, but curious if Dave is the original owner or not. He and I seem to be seeing the same thing.
    08-16-19 08:56 AM
    I tried removing my phone from BB Protect (said that it wasn't active, but it had been), just to see if this would make a difference and it did not. I thought it may be related to the enabled protection, due to some of the messaging. I haven't looked back, but curious if Dave is the original owner or not. He and I seem to be seeing the same thing.
    When you get the error for the date and time, does it not give you the option to "Check" and then edit the time? I know you get the Check option when you are booted into the phone and just trying to sign into blackberry ID but wanted to know if it was an option during the Setup screen
    08-16-19 09:00 AM
    Who the original owner is seems irrelevant to me - BB Protect was left on when device was wiped and is now doing its' job. The problem is on the server side, and with no way to change the time (which is the bandaid fix for now), you're stuck.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-19 09:03 AM
    As recommended many times before, anytime you do a wipe disable BB Protect before hand. It appears we will have some bricked devices for a bit until BB fixes this.
    08-16-19 09:33 AM
    As recommended many times before, anytime you do a wipe disable BB Protect before hand. It appears we will have some bricked devices for a bit until BB fixes this.
    And this has been the concern all along for post-2019. If resources are required to fix something like this that goes down, would they bother to fix it necessarily?

I think this is a good example of why to be concerned, and why to be prepared for the worst.

At the very least, I continue to advocate for a non-BBID-enabled device. It's clear that the BBID infrastructure is split somehow between BB10 and other - and can be shut down (on purpose, or not) independently.
    08-16-19 09:37 AM
    And this has been the concern all along for post-2019. If resources are required to fix something like this that goes down, would they bother to fix it necessarily?

I think this is a good example of why to be concerned, and why to be prepared for the worst.
    Yep completely agreed
    08-16-19 09:40 AM

At the very least, I continue to advocate for a non-BBID-enable device. It's clear that the BBID infrastructure is split somehow between BB10 and other - and can be shut down (or purpose, or not) independently.
    PlayBooks too have had periods where the BBID activation wasn't working for a few days, but it didn't affect BB10, BBM, BES or BBOS users. I too think there might be one database, but different servers or systems used for each platform to handle the request.

I'm sure they'll get it back up "soon".... now.
    08-16-19 09:48 AM
    Hi everyone
    I'm having this issue with my BlackBerry passport.
    After running autoloader, i cannot finish the setup because of this error.
    I tried changing networks and using proxy servers but useless.
    There is no option to change date and time tho!
    Any suggestions please!
    08-16-19 10:30 AM
    Any suggestions please!
    Wait.
    08-16-19 11:01 AM
    in which case there are other options
    I keep wondering what the other options are...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-19 11:36 AM

At the very least, I continue to advocate for a non-BBID-enabled device. It's clear that the BBID infrastructure is split somehow between BB10 and other - and can be shut down (on purpose, or not) independently.
    A key point is that BlackBerry has no obligation to fix this if it happens again in a few months.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-16-19 11:37 AM
    I had read up on a few things, but did not see this, nor obviously think about it. : ) Did not get the memo per se'. I'm of the opinion that there should be a process in place for BB owners to deal with a protect issue, if this is my issue. I should be able to provide some credentials or some sort of proof that I'm the owner of the phone, so it can be reinstated or whatever. Just my opinion.
    08-16-19 11:40 AM
    I had read up on a few things, but did not see this, nor obviously think about it. : ) Did not get the memo per se'. I'm of the opinion that there should be a process in place for BB owners to deal with a protect issue, if this is my issue. I should be able to provide some credentials or some sort of proof that I'm the owner of the phone, so it can be reinstated or whatever. Just my opinion.
    That ship has long since sailed.
    08-16-19 11:50 AM
    Hey. That is exactly what I can't do. I don't even have that option. When I choose the WI fi connection, right after that I get stucked because the software forces me to log in my ID. I tried to reset the phone via blackberry software on my computer, but no luck. It tells me that to connect with the device I have first to finish the configuration. And this is exactly what I can't do.
    Yall, I figured it out.
    So I was part of the group who only got like 3 screen options (language, wifi, and bb log in), unable to skip anything, only swipe down option is to make emergency call.
    From what I understand, this happened to people who had bb protect enabled when it wiped. something about this bricked the phone.

SO, my fix.
    Select your language
    Select wifi, although mine also said i was connected to att network at bottom of screen
    **ON BB LOG IN PAGE**, click forgot password, put your email in to recover and reset password... it will say invalid email... then IMMEDIATELY POWER OFF DEVICE.
    When I restarted my blackberry, it FINALLY LET ME SKIP EVERYTHING AND CONTINUE ON TO NORMAL DEVICE INITIAL START UP. I skipped everything just to be on the safe side cause I didn't want to jinkx that I got it to unbrick itself.
    akshay_neudigit and Blaby like this.
    08-16-19 11:53 AM
    You will still have to go into setup once everything is complete to backlog the date like everyone else had to do to get it to accept your bb id but atleast this will unbrick it.
    08-16-19 12:02 PM
    Yall, I figured it out.
    So I was part of the group who only got like 3 screen options (language, wifi, and bb log in), unable to skip anything, only swipe down option is to make emergency call.
    From what I understand, this happened to people who had bb protect enabled when it wiped. something about this bricked the phone.

SO, my fix.
    Select your language
    Select wifi, although mine also said i was connected to att network at bottom of screen
    **ON BB LOG IN PAGE**, click forgot password, put your email in to recover and reset password... it will say invalid email... then IMMEDIATELY POWER OFF DEVICE.
    When I restarted my blackberry, it FINALLY LET ME SKIP EVERYTHING AND CONTINUE ON TO NORMAL DEVICE INITIAL START UP. I skipped everything just to be on the safe side cause I didn't want to jinkx that I got it to unbrick itself.
    Good thinking! We should have put that together earlier since people have had success recently using this exact procedure to by-pass anti-theft.
    08-16-19 12:10 PM

You called it! And here it actually is.
    08-16-19 12:32 PM
    Guys mine is still the same, with no solution. My question is whether I disable Blackberry Protect or leave it on? I will post the blackberry ID screen and website photos.
    URGENT: BBid error 50507: unable to connect...-photo-2019-08-16-14-43-02.jpg
    URGENT: BBid error 50507: unable to connect...-photo-2019-08-16-14-43-02-1-.jpg
    URGENT: BBid error 50507: unable to connect...-photo-2019-08-16-14-43-03.jpg
    URGENT: BBid error 50507: unable to connect...-photo-2019-08-16-14-43-03-1-.jpg
    URGENT: BBid error 50507: unable to connect...-photo-2019-08-16-14-43-04.jpg
    URGENT: BBid error 50507: unable to connect...-blackberry-protect.png
    URGENT: BBid error 50507: unable to connect...-blackberry-protect-2.png
    08-16-19 12:56 PM

This was the scenario that nontechnical users like myself don’t want to deal with. Can you imagine depending on your BB10 hardware for daily use and this happens? That’s after getting past all the BB10 issues when everything is still up and running...
    08-16-19 01:05 PM
    This was the scenario that nontechnical users like myself don’t want to deal with. Can you imagine depending on your BB10 hardware for daily use and this happens? That’s after getting past all the BB10 issues when everything is still up and running...
    Well as long as you don't wipe it or have to reload the OS..... your golden (plated with a little tarnish).
    08-16-19 01:15 PM
329 ... 23456 ...