Hi folks! You all beat me to it -- the issue should now be resolved. Thanks to everyone who helped to guide others through workarounds and special issues with this one. The issue was related to a certificate expiry date, which should now be resolved.

Our teams are still familiar with the infrastructure, and know where to oil when things start to smoke Of course, we keep things well documented for new generations of team members to get up to speed where needed. Our NOC is staffed 24/7, and that team really knows their stuff.

Our janitors are awesome people! Plus, they know exactly which switches to avoid.

Conversely, it also shows how much goes into keeping something like this running.. There's a lot of moving parts!

Cheers!
    Thanks for confirming for those that needed it that the BB10 support staff are still maintaining everything and working hard John! It's good to have the confirmation straight from the source that all is well....some of us always knew this but the reinforcement is good to hear!
    08-21-19 10:55 PM
    Hey Lem,
    I just read up on this thread and want to double-check your issue:
    Let me know if you have any trouble after trying these options Lem...pretty sure we can get your data back.
    First Thank you for the Time you invested to give me a guide on my Issue. I will try all the last 2 Points and let you know. I just noticed that I cant log in with my "Working" BB Classic into the Protect Service - as a side note.

@TrumpetTiger Thank you again!
    08-22-19 02:34 AM
    First Thank you for the Time you invested to give me a guide on my Issue. I will try all the last 2 Points and let you know. I just noticed that I cant log in with my "Working" BB Classic into the Protect Service - as a side note.

@TrumpetTiger Thank you again!
    You're quite welcome Lem. As a point of clarification on the Protect login issue--are you logged in to a Blackberry ID on the "working" Classic? If so, are you saying you cannot turn on the Protect service in Settings or is there something else going on?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-19 02:45 AM
    You're quite welcome Lem. As a point of clarification on the Protect login issue--are you logged in to a Blackberry ID on the "working" Classic? If so, are you saying you cannot turn on the Protect service in Settings or is there something else going on?

Posted via CB10
    1. I take my working BB Classic in my hand
    2. going to System Settings - BlackBerry Protect ..
    3. it says right away "BlackBerry Protect Unavailable

Thats not the Wiped one its the one I have used for min. 2 Years now
    08-22-19 02:59 AM
    And I noticed now ..
    It went into the Menue after point 3. above and when I change the status (swipe to the right) the BBID and PW is asked... I type in... and the BB "stuck"... I did let it be... and after some "long" while the Error BlackBerry Protect Unavailable comes up again....
    08-22-19 03:04 AM
    And I noticed now ..
    It went into the Menue after point 3. above and when I change the status (swipe to the right) the BBID and PW is asked... I type in... and the BB "stuck"... I did let it be... and after some "long" while the Error BlackBerry Protect Unavailable comes up again....
    Hmmm...sounds like you're not signed in to Blackberry ID on this device Lem. What do you see if you go to Settings, then Blackberry ID?
    08-22-19 03:12 AM
    Hmmm...sounds like you're not signed in to Blackberry ID on this device Lem. What do you see if you go to Settings, then Blackberry ID?
    when I do this all the Infos comes up on my sceen so its working - > Email Confirmation Status is also confirmed. - I did try all again now it works... ? (one point normally the phone is connected via VPN to my CO Infrastructure) I did turn it off now and maybe that was why the Protect did not work?? ... I try all again later when back in Office. I keep you updated about my findings.
    08-22-19 03:29 AM
    @TrumpetTiger I did play arround with the Working BB Classic I have. VPN on -> BBProtect has Issues to connect -> VPN off it works. so for the Working Phone that is most probably the Issue - The VPN ... the rest with the Wiped one I will play later when back in office. Thank you!
    08-22-19 04:16 AM
    @TrumpetTiger I did play arround with the Working BB Classic I have. VPN on -> BBProtect has Issues to connect -> VPN off it works. so for the Working Phone that is most probably the Issue - The VPN ... the rest with the Wiped one I will play later when back in office. Thank you!
    You're quite welcome Lem! Glad you're all sorted and figured out on the Protect issue. Let me know if you still have trouble on restoring your backups and we'll keep tackling that problem as needed as well.
    08-22-19 04:23 AM
    Did you register more than 5 devices with one BBID? 5 is maximum. I have registered 2 and It all works fine, also had a wipe on one some days ago. I don't use BB Link anymore, It doesn't run on Windows 10 anymore.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-19 05:21 AM
    Did you register more than 5 devices with one BBID? 5 is maximum. I have registered 2 and It all works fine, also had a wipe on one some days ago. I don't use BB Link anymore, It doesn't run on Windows 10 anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Crack,

Are you sure about that limitation? I have used the same BBID with 6 devices at least at once with no issue.

While Sachesi and DBBT are great tools, BB Link actually does run on Windows 10; I use it all the time. The main trick is to re-enable SMBv1. It's your call whether to do that or not of course, but the software does technically run. Just mentioning this for anyone who might see the thread.
    08-22-19 05:30 AM
    Hey Crack,

Are you sure about that limitation? I have used the same BBID with 6 devices at least at once with no issue.

While Sachesi and DBBT are great tools, BB Link actually does run on Windows 10; I use it all the time. The main trick is to re-enable SMBv1. It's your call whether to do that or not of course, but the software does technically run. Just mentioning this for anyone who might see the thread.
    Yes I am sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-19 05:31 AM
    Yes I am sure.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm.....interesting. Out of curiosity why do you believe this to be the case? Have you received an error or seen something on it? Just trying to figure out why I seem to be able to register more than 5 on the same ID if there's the limitation....
    08-22-19 05:36 AM
    Hmmm.....interesting. Out of curiosity why do you believe this to be the case? Have you received an error or seen something on it? Just trying to figure out why I seem to be able to register more than 5 on the same ID if there's the limitation....
    He may be confusing this with the maximum number of devices that can used with a BBMe account...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-19 05:54 AM
    You're quite welcome Lem! Glad you're all sorted and figured out on the Protect issue. Let me know if you still have trouble on restoring your backups and we'll keep tackling that problem as needed as well.
    It worked now out of nothing, Came to office did plug in to Link and it worked. I just noted that the BB sign in the upper right corner is now available what was not before - So its now for sure connected to the BB Infrastructure for sure. Anyway I will try the other tools you shared just get make sure I get Back in Case I need it. Thank you @TrumpetTiger
    08-22-19 01:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes indeed I got more as 5 but now I will take care to share all my BB Q10 & Classics I have as spare over the BBIDs I got. Thank you as well for the Hint. But I had so I think no issues because of this. MAybe some Server tool time for my area to get the BBID stuff in sync... whatever... Beside this it would really be interesting how to safe BB Apps when no APK'S available like Bria for Blackberry. I did also try to download it from BB World - with an ID what did purchase this App some while ago - doesnt not work.
    08-22-19 01:56 PM
    Yes indeed I got more as 5 but now I will take care to share all my BB Q10 & Classics I have as spare over the BBIDs I got. Thank you as well for the Hint. But I had so I think no issues because of this. MAybe some Server tool time for my area to get the BBID stuff in sync... whatever... Beside this it would really be interesting how to safe BB Apps when no APK'S available like Bria for Blackberry. I did also try to download it from BB World - with an ID what did purchase this App some while ago - doesnt not work.
    That's what happens when developers stop supporting products. I don't think it's worked for a couple of years now.
    08-22-19 02:22 PM
    After all - all works as Usually now. Thank you to all who gave big support. Beside this the question should be asked to BB how they plan to handle this BBID stuff once they turn off the whole Infrastructure for OS10. That I can’t get back Apps I spend money on that one thing but to see a HW unusual because of an ID is for me very questioning. The BB OS10 is for me – when I see the Phone and only the phone as the perfect tool “POIN”. I would really appreciate when alt whole thing works without the need of the BBID in the way it did in the past. Once there is not BB World or BB Protect anymore – the HW / Phone works without anyway very good. The only Issue I see is the BBID now what causes unnecessary a bricked phone once all Infrastructure is OFF. -> Please who ever ready this and has the power to steer the BBOS10 Boat have a final well communicated SW Update for the OS10 where this BBID is turned into something Neutral so the Backup works and a still working Phone does not get “Blocked”… Thank you
    08-23-19 07:59 AM
    After all - all works as Usually now. Thank you to all who gave big support. Beside this the question should be asked to BB how they plan to handle this BBID stuff once they turn off the whole Infrastructure for OS10. That I can’t get back Apps I spend money on that one thing but to see a HW unusual because of an ID is for me very questioning. The BB OS10 is for me – when I see the Phone and only the phone as the perfect tool “POIN”. I would really appreciate when alt whole thing works without the need of the BBID in the way it did in the past. Once there is not BB World or BB Protect anymore – the HW / Phone works without anyway very good. The only Issue I see is the BBID now what causes unnecessary a bricked phone once all Infrastructure is OFF. -> Please who ever ready this and has the power to steer the BBOS10 Boat have a final well communicated SW Update for the OS10 where this BBID is turned into something Neutral so the Backup works and a still working Phone does not get “Blocked”… Thank you
    Direct your commentary to people like @TrumpetTiger who has the interest with BB10 as others like myself quietly move on.
    08-23-19 09:25 AM
    You got a two year warning about impending EOL, for a platform that hasn't had a new product in 4 years. So I don't think BlackBerry owes you anything honestly.
    08-23-19 09:34 AM
    I didn't understand that this bricked anything... just users couldn't reactive their phone with their old BBID. I assume they could by pass the whole BBID phase?
    08-23-19 09:47 AM
    I didn't understand that this bricked anything... just users couldn't reactive their phone with their old BBID. I assume they could by pass the whole BBID phase?
    Many people were stuck not being able to change the date, and hence could not proceed past BBID login.

Some acrobatics were able to change the state of the device to assist with some of these situations, but not all.
    08-23-19 09:52 AM
    Many people were stuck not being able to change the date, and hence could not proceed past BBID login.

Some acrobatics were able to change the state of the device to assist with some of these situations, but not all.
    I know I've skipped the whole BBID process.... when it allowed it to be skipped.

So are we saying that if this system goes down six months from now... no wiping or reactivation will be possible?
    08-23-19 10:04 AM
    I know I've skipped the whole BBID process.... when it allowed it to be skipped.

So are we saying that if this system goes down six months from now... no wiping or reactivation will be possible?
    First, most people presented with said situation would just toss their phone in the garbage. Without Crackberry, they'd be toast.

Second, there were some situations / device states this time that were simply unresolvable, so it would not bode well even for some enthusiasts.
    Last edited by conite; 08-23-19 at 10:21 AM.
    08-23-19 10:08 AM
    First, most people presented with said situation would just toss their phone in the garbage. Without Crackberry, they'd be toast.

Second, there were some situations / device states this time that were simply unresolvable, so it would not bode well even for some enthusiasts.
    Oh I agree... BB10 was unusable for me three years ago.

But I did think even without BlackBerry "system" there was still hope for those that refused to leave. And who know BlackBerry might keep the lights on for years and years, they have all the manuals so anyone could eventually figure things any future glitches. Whats a week or two?

My view still holds... anyone using BB10 ought to be dual carrying by the end of the year.
    08-23-19 10:28 AM
329 ... 1011121314