I suspect it's attempting to talk to the servers from testing but in any case I've reached out to Blackberry to see if we can't get some more information/ETA on resolution. Will update when I know more.
    Thank you, I've updated my First Post with more details of troubleshooting that I've tried. Like others here, creating a new id shows same error.
    Marcieln likes this.
    08-15-19 08:27 AM
    Superstar.... thanks dude... appreciate it..
    You are quite welcome!
    Marcieln likes this.
    08-15-19 08:31 AM
    Thank you, I've updated my First Post with more details of troubleshooting that I've tried. Like others here, creating a new id shows same error.
    Great; that will help others who may see the thread.

As a side note I generally recommend against creating new Blackberry IDs, since it is easy to create "Android-only" IDs which tend to cause problems. It's also easy to convert one's existing BB10 BBID to an Android-only one, which has the effect of causing you to lose BB10-specific items such as previously-purchased apps in Blackberry World, etc. However, it's good to confirm in this case that the issue is not specific to one particular BBID.
    08-15-19 08:32 AM
    Sounds like the system is experiencing issues at the moment. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon.
    So this ^^^ then. Lol.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-15-19 08:40 AM
    So this ^^^ then. Lol.
    I highly doubt its a situation of "an issue at the moment" and "will resolve itself soon"

But hey, being optimistic is positive
    08-15-19 08:50 AM
    I highly doubt its a situation of "an issue at the moment" and "will resolve itself soon"

But hey, being optimistic is positive
    They haven't thrown in the towel just yet. Don't worry.
    08-15-19 08:51 AM
    This actually works. You to change the date to one day behind and blackberry ID will accept your credentials. I just did this on my Blackberry classic a few moments ago. 8/15/19
    RCJ28 likes this.
    08-15-19 09:14 AM
    What worked for me is that I turned off the Set date and Time automatically off. I adjust the date one day behind and then I was able sign in with my Blackberry ID credentials. After you sign in, you change the date and time back.
    08-15-19 09:35 AM
    @JohnAtBlackBerry can you shed some light here?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-19 09:38 AM
    This actually works. You to change the date to one day behind and blackberry ID will accept your credentials. I just did this on my Blackberry classic a few moments ago. 8/15/19
    Weird, because I tried this step exactly, put it one day behind and it still didn't work. I will attempt this again when I get home later tonight.
    08-15-19 09:48 AM
    Thank you! It worked! Initially, every change was immediately reversed by blackberry after turning off all auto options. But then I disabled wifi, then tried to move a day forward, then a day backwards and it didn't reverse. I re-enabled wifi, then proceeded to successfully login to my Blackberry Id app!
    What worked for me is that I turned off the Set date and Time automatically off. I adjust the date one day behind and then I was able sign in with my Blackberry ID credentials. After you sign in, you change the date and time back.
    08-15-19 10:06 AM
    Thank you! It worked! Initially, every change was immediately reversed by blackberry after turning off all auto options. But then I disabled wifi, then tried to move a day forward, then a day backwards and it didn't reverse. I re-enabled wifi, then proceeded to successfully login to my Blackberry Id app!
    There is hope!!!! Thank you for the update, I'm anxious to leave work and just go get my phone to try..... but that's not ethical and I'll wait till 5pm EST
    08-15-19 10:16 AM
    Twilight zone!

Wondering what would happen if you just turned off auto-time and just entered TODAY's date? Maybe it's just lookup itself that is borked.
    08-15-19 10:34 AM
    Twilight zone!

Wondering what would happen if you just turned off auto-time and just entered TODAY's date? Maybe it's just lookup itself that is borked.
    I have a hunch BB is having difficulties right now, my BBM (BB10) hasn't been able to talk with Android contacts for a few hours now... BB10 to BB10 works fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-19 11:31 AM
    Hi folks! A colleague of mine has been able to reproduce the BlackBerry ID sign-in issue, and is looking into it.

Edit: Thanks for tagging me to take a look!
    Bla1ze and bb9900user2018 like this.
    08-15-19 11:34 AM
    Hi folks! A colleague of mine has been able to reproduce the BlackBerry ID sign-in issue, and is looking into it.

Oh nice, good news
    08-15-19 12:03 PM
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and a fan of the blackberry devices. I just bought a bb passport and I made a reset of the device. Now, I have the error 50507 witch tells me that it can't communicate with the blackberry servers and ask me to change date and time. I thought it was a problem with the device but I tried the same thing with a Q10 and a 9700 and I have the same problem. The worst thing is that I can't finish setting up passport without logging in with my ID. So right now the phone is useless. Someone knows what is going on?
    Thank you in advance.
    08-15-19 02:12 PM
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and a fan of the blackberry devices. I just bought a bb passport and I made a reset of the device. Now, I have the error 50507 witch tells me that it can't communicate with the blackberry servers and ask me to change date and time. I thought it was a problem with the device but I tried the same thing with a Q10 and a 9700 and I have the same problem. The worst thing is that I can't finish setting up passport without logging in with my ID. So right now the phone is useless. Someone knows what is going on?
    Thank you in advance.
    Everything has been noted in earlier posts. BlackBerry is aware of the issue and working to fix it.

08-15-19 02:23 PM
    Just wanted to Thank you for helping with investigating this issue for us!
    I suspect it's attempting to talk to the servers from testing but in any case I've reached out to Blackberry to see if we can't get some more information/ETA on resolution. Will update when I know more.
    Thank you everyone for helping!
    Last edited by phickspc; 08-15-19 at 03:07 PM.
    08-15-19 02:55 PM
    Hello,

I have had my Classic for 4 years now. I performed my first wipe yesterday and I am unable to get past the setup screen/login. My BBid is current and everything checks out online.

I used Link to do the reset/reload and everything seemed to go OK. It gives me the same error code 50507, yet it did not provide a screen to pick a time during the setup process? I can choose language, WiFi and then it asks for my BB credentials. I even went to the extreme of deleted my device from BB Protect due to the potential it is related to the Anti Theft Protection.

Does anyone have any information on what is going on?

Thank You!
    08-15-19 03:01 PM
    Does anyone have any information on what is going on?
    Read back in the thread.

08-15-19 03:08 PM
    Howdy! The team has created a Knowledge Base article to help folks work around this issue, using the date/time adjustment trick noted above. It should only be required for sign-in after a wipe, and can be reverted to today's date & time after signing in. We're still looking at options for improving this experience.

"Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID server. Please make sure that you have the current date and time set and try again. (50507)" is displayed on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Cheers!
    hmp3 and elfabio80 like this.
    08-15-19 03:09 PM
    OK. This can be helpful for users who can enter in th OS. But what in the cases of people who have wipe the system and are blocked in the configuration?
    Thanks.
    08-15-19 03:32 PM
    OK. This can be helpful for users who can enter in th OS. But what in the cases of people who have wipe the system and are blocked in the configuration?
    Thanks.
    We're still looking at options for improving this experience.
    08-15-19 03:41 PM
    Hey there. Thank you! Any assistance with this, is greatly appreciated. As I mentioned in my initial post, I was not presented with the option to input time/date. Also, the AT&T logo and general start was brief and without the name (just the logo). Just different. Seems as though there are quite a few of us have the same issue at the same time?

Again, any assistance with this issue would be great!
    08-15-19 04:23 PM
329 1234 ...