Solution:
    This actually works. You to change the date to one day behind and blackberry ID will accept your credentials. I just did this on my Blackberry classic a few moments ago. 8/15/19
    I turned off wifi & auto time/date, then manually changed to 1 day forward, then 1 day back, then re-enabled wifi and successfully logged into bb id app. (re-set time/date to auto afterwards).
    Initial Question:
    Help! I just bought a dupe handset (my old Classic is too sluggish) (from Amazon UK). I can log in with my blackberry id via browser but despite a security wipe, and toggling automatic/manually setting time & date, the blackberry id app won't let me log in.
    Error: "Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID server. Please make sure that you have the current date and time set and try again. (50507)"
    I can't restore my blackberry Link backup from my old handset without logging in to the same blackberry id successfully.
    Please help asap!
    Process of troubleshooting already tried:
    Hi, when phone first arrived, I charged it up and skipped the BBid during Initial Setup. Then plugged into PC to launch BBLink which insisted I finish setup before connecting. So, I returned to finish Initial Setup (tutorials and wifi) successfully.
    Tried to do it again manually : Settings > BBid. Checked to confirm time and date was 100% accurate. Toggled it from automatic to manual. Retried BBid. Installed latest OS update. Restarted phone. Toggled time and date back to manual. Retried BBid. Then I security wiped and retried during Initial Setup (no skips). Tried creating new BBid, but still same error.
    Last edited by phickspc; 08-15-19 at 03:01 PM.
    08-14-19 07:50 PM
    Help! I just bought a dupe handset (my old Classic is too sluggish). I can log in with my blackberry id via browser but despite a security wipe, and toggling automatic/manually setting time & date, the blackberry id app won't let me log in.
    Error: "Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID server. Please make sure that you have the current date and time set and try again. (50507)"
    I can't restore my blackberry Link backup from my old handset without logging in to the same blackberry id successfully.
    Please help asap!
    Dude!!!!!

I am LITERALLLLLLLLY in the exact same boat as you.

My ONE question... Did you happen to buy a refurb off Newegg? That's where I bought mine.. It arrived today and I am literally having the exact same problem. I can't even restore my backup because I am unable to login to BlackBerry ID on the phone. I get the absolutely exact same error you have posted.

I messaged the seller stating my issue and considered that the phone might be blacklisted in someway?

The only difference I could find between my phone and this phone was the model SQC100-2 vs SAC100-4

My only guess is I'll have to return the phone for being defective.. unless someone knows a fix!
    08-14-19 08:27 PM
    Were you properly able to log into Wi-Fi?

Are you still sitting at the BBID prompt in initial setup?
    08-14-19 08:36 PM
    Yes I was able to login to Wi-Fi...

I'm booted into the phone, when I go to Settings > Blackberry ID > Login or Create new... the same error is generated after both attempts
    08-14-19 08:41 PM
    I am having the same issue but with a Z30. Bought one from eBay and arrived two days ago. Today I had time to play with it and did a security wipe first. When I tried to setup the BlackBerry ID, the exact same error was displayed(50507) . I can login to Wi-Fi and network (TMobile). I can make phone calls and text messages.
    08-14-19 09:01 PM
    Yes I was able to login to Wi-Fi...

I'm booted into the phone, when I go to Settings > Blackberry ID > Login or Create new... the same error is generated after both attempts
    Did you set the correct time and date?

Did you try over cellular?
    08-14-19 09:06 PM
    Did you set the correct time and date?

Did you try over cellular?
    Tried over cellular, tried over just wifi.. set manual time, set the correct time... set CHINA time just in case thats where the phone came from.. still no dice..

The error clearly has nothing to do with date or time.. its something within the phone and connecting to the servers..

My old phone is still operating and I can navigate thru BBID no problem on the phone signing in and out..

The phone I purchased is refurbished so I'm guessing there's some sort of restriction happening server side due to the origin of the device likely
    08-14-19 09:17 PM
    Tried over cellular, tried over just wifi.. set manual time, set the correct time... set CHINA time just in case thats where the phone came from.. still no dice..

The error clearly has nothing to do with date or time.. its something within the phone and connecting to the servers..

My old phone is still operating and I can navigate thru BBID no problem on the phone signing in and out..

The phone I purchased is refurbished so I'm guessing there's some sort of restriction happening server side due to the origin of the device likely
    There's not much else you can try.

The good news is that you can continue to use the device as-is, since BlackBerry World was shutting down at the end of the year anyway.

You'll just have to set it up from scratch.
    08-14-19 09:25 PM
    Not sure if the issue has been solved from Blackberry's side but I just set up my phone to yesterday's date (08/13/2019) and I was able to login (via BlackBerry World)
    t4kris and bagnet2010 like this.
    08-14-19 09:38 PM
    okay, Z10, USA, same problem here. It was working fine before I did a factory reset. Now I also get the 50507 error no mater what I do. I can login to BB world online and my ID works there. I switched phones to hubbies old Z10. It has the same problem. Now I am going to go get a new SIM at VZW tomorrow and see if that does the trick. There is soooo much I cannot do until I get those old apps back. One was BackUp Pro. I need a lot of my info back. YIKES!
    PS Read earlier that they will support 10 OS into next year. https://crackberry.com/blackberry-announces-extended-support-blackberry-10-and-bbos-some-caveats
    Last edited by diffused; 08-14-19 at 11:58 PM.
    bagnet2010 likes this.
    08-14-19 11:05 PM
    Sounds like the system is experiencing issues at the moment. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon.
    08-14-19 11:55 PM
    any work around? I am in the same situation with blackberry z10. Tried creating a new blackberry id but no luck(same 50507 error)
    08-15-19 02:55 AM
    any work around? I am in the same situation with blackberry z10. Tried creating a new blackberry id but no luck(same 50507 error)

Same here, I set the date to two days ago and BB World accepted it.

Looks like 'their end'.
    Utchas likes this.
    08-15-19 05:54 AM
    Same here, I set the date to two days ago and BB World accepted it.

Looks like 'their end'.
    08-15-19 06:19 AM
    Help! I just bought a dupe handset (my old Classic is too sluggish). I can log in with my blackberry id via browser but despite a security wipe, and toggling automatic/manually setting time & date, the blackberry id app won't let me log in.
    Please help asap!
    Hey phick,

Did you skip the BBID part on the initial setup after the security wipe? I assume the phone is showing the right time and time zone in Settings...

Don't worry, we'll get you fixed up as soon as possible!
    08-15-19 06:34 AM

Hey flash,

There would be no issue on Blackberry Limited's servers with a refurbished device, so no server side problems there.

Did you set the time zone manually as well?

Also, when you did the setup, did you skip the BBID part initially?
    08-15-19 06:35 AM
    Yes I skipped the BBID initially but after doing a security wipe and trying it again... it`s the same issue.

Sign in or even CREATING a new account produces the EXACT same error.

I`ve literally tested every scenario I could with different settings.

The person I bought that phone from has accepted my request to return it unless someone knows a fix.

Not sure if we all want to pool like $10 together to have one person go on blackberry paid support to see if there is an actual fix?
    08-15-19 06:42 AM
    Yes I skipped the BBID initially but after doing a security wipe and trying it again... it`s the same issue.

Sign in or even CREATING a new account produces the EXACT same error.

I`ve literally tested every scenario I could with different settings.

The person I bought that phone from has accepted my request to return it unless someone knows a fix.

Not sure if we all want to pool like $10 together to have one person go on blackberry paid support to see if there is an actual fix?
    Stand by flash....running some tests now. Pretty sure you won't have to return the phone.

Blackberry paid support might just refer us back to CB unfortunately.
    08-15-19 06:53 AM
    Hey phick,

Did you skip the BBID part on the initial setup after the security wipe? I assume the phone is showing the right time and time zone in Settings...

Don't worry, we'll get you fixed up as soon as possible!
    Hi, when phone first arrived, I charged it up and skipped the BBid during Initial Setup. Then plugged into PC to launch BBLink which insisted I finish setup before connecting. SO I returned to finish Initial Setup (tutorials and wifi) successfully.
    Tried to do it again manually : Settings > BBid. Checked to confirm time and date was 100% accurate. Toggled it from automatic to manual. Retried BBid. Restarted phone. Toggled time and date back to manual. Retried BBid.
    Then I security wiped and retried during Initial Setup (no skips). Still no improvement.
    08-15-19 07:18 AM
    Hi, when phone first arrived, I charged it up and skipped the BBid during Initial Setup. Then plugged into PC to launch BBLink which insisted I finish setup before connecting. SO I returned to finish Initial Setup (tutorials and wifi) successfully.
    Tried to do it again manually : Settings > BBid. Checked to confirm time and date was 100% accurate. Toggled it from automatic to manual. Retried BBid. Restarted phone. Toggled time and date back to manual. Retried BBid.
    Then I security wiped and retried during Initial Setup (no skips). Still no improvement.
    You never answered my question about the source of where you purchased it?
    08-15-19 07:38 AM
    Stand by flash....running some tests now. Pretty sure you won't have to return the phone.

Blackberry paid support might just refer us back to CB unfortunately.
    Oh I'm standing by.. I'm curious to what you're even trying...

I'm 100% sure it has to be on BlackBerry's end because multiple phones, from all locations across the world, with the exact same error and issue... it's not a coincidence

I would love to be able to see if it even talks to the servers before the error actually comes up.
    08-15-19 07:40 AM
    You never answered my question about the source of where you purchased it?
    Sorry I put it in the original question when I updated it. Bought from Amazon uk.
    08-15-19 07:44 AM
    I have this same issue. I bought blackberry passport yesterday and I can't sync my old blackberry classic to blackberry passport. I live in europe, so what is going on? blackberry server is broken or what?
    08-15-19 08:22 AM
    Oh I'm standing by.. I'm curious to what you're even trying...

I'm 100% sure it has to be on BlackBerry's end because multiple phones, from all locations across the world, with the exact same error and issue... it's not a coincidence

I would love to be able to see if it even talks to the servers before the error actually comes up.
    I suspect it's attempting to talk to the servers from testing but in any case I've reached out to Blackberry to see if we can't get some more information/ETA on resolution. Will update when I know more.
    08-15-19 08:23 AM
    I suspect it's attempting to talk to the servers from testing but in any case I've reached out to Blackberry to see if we can't get some more information/ETA on resolution. Will update when I know more.
    Superstar.... thanks dude... appreciate it..
    08-15-19 08:26 AM
329 123 ...