Upgrading to 10.2 is needlessly complicated. I've tried twice now to upgrade and went through the LONG download process both times (why you need to download it more than once is beyond me) and went into the installation. Mid-way through the install it warns me that I do not have sufficient space. Why wouldn't the installer check for space availability BEFORE the download even starts? I remember software programs I installed in the 1990s had this basic feature.

Does anyone know the total space requirements for downloading and installing the OS? I know they are listed when the DL/Install starts but I have cleared enough space and still get this warning after an hour of the process.

Sorry for the rant but BB should really know better. Thanks!
    11-10-13 11:01 AM
    Hello and welcome.
    I have never heard of the OS saying there isn't enough room. It wipes everything and replaces what you have.
    Download the file from one of the leaked threads and use the autoloader. It will wipe your device and install the new OS.

How did you try to upgrade your OS. What steps did you take?
    I do not recommend the Sachesi method.
    Just download the files you need from one of the leaked OS threads, run the autoloader. It wipes your device and then loads the OS. Then you can restore your backup or redownload all your apps.
    11-10-13 11:09 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I simply went to settings - check for software update and upgraded
    11-10-13 11:28 AM
    Hello and welcome.
    I have never heard of the OS saying there isn't enough room. It wipes everything and replaces what you have.
    Download the file from one of the leaked threads and use the autoloader. It will wipe your device and install the new OS.

How did you try to upgrade your OS. What steps did you take?
    I do not recommend the Sachesi method.
    Just download the files you need from one of the leaked OS threads, run the autoloader. It wipes your device and then loads the OS. Then you can restore your backup or redownload all your apps.
    I have no idea why you thought he was installing a leak.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:35 PM