I have seen some people updated the preinstalled root CAs on the phone, and I thought this is a good idea.
    Now one can visit the webpage of every CAs and download the current certs, but the most comfortable way is to install a CA cert bundle, provided here :

https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html

I did the update today, everything seems working so far.
    mh1983 and spiculated like this.
    02-16-21 04:30 PM
    But keep in mind before you updates the certs this can have negative consequences, so make sure you have a recent backup about your data.

I will report if I met with any problem which can be related to the root CAS, but so far everything works. No guarantee, tho. Ymmv.
    02-16-21 04:43 PM
    But keep in mind before you updates the certs this can have negative consequences, so make sure you have a recent backup about your data.

I will report if I met with any problem which can be related to the root CAS, but so far everything works. No guarantee, tho. Ymmv.
    For idiots, like myself, exactly what is the procedure? I have a spare Z10 for experimentation. Not sure what to download on that link and HOW to install it.
    02-16-21 04:48 PM
    Download the cacert.pem and open it. The phone will ask if you want to import the certs. Press the import button in the top right corner.
    It takes some time.
    mh1983 likes this.
    02-16-21 05:17 PM
    Download the cacert.pem and open it. The phone will ask if you want to import the certs. Press the import button in the top right corner.
    It takes some time.
    Got it - will try it out- thanks.
    02-16-21 05:50 PM
    Will this work on Playbook on just BB10?
    02-28-21 09:29 PM
    Probably, but it takes only 2 min to test, so why don't you try it?
    03-01-21 09:01 AM
    Probably, but it takes only 2 min to test, so why don't you try it?
    Will not open in the PlayBook.
    03-01-21 09:43 AM
    For idiots, like myself, exactly what is the procedure? I have a spare Z10 for experimentation. Not sure what to download on that link and HOW to install it.
    If this makes Brookie feel like an "idiot," where does this put me? It's like listening to an episode of Star Trek.

Does this maybe allow development of apps that talk more directly with the OS? Or changes to the OS itself?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-21 01:39 PM
    If this makes Brookie feel like an "idiot," where does this put me? It's like listening to an episode of Star Trek.

Does this maybe allow development of apps that talk more directly with the OS? Or changes to the OS itself?

Posted via CB10
    Might get the browser to open a few more websites....
    03-01-21 02:15 PM
    Might get the browser to open a few more websites....
    Yes, it does and I see no downside yet but then again I'm not a heavy browser on any phone let alone on a BB10 device.
    03-01-21 02:37 PM
    Yes, it does and I see no downside yet but then again I'm not a heavy browser on any phone let alone on a BB10 device.
    The browser is a big deal. Especially when you don't have a lot of apps. You have to lean on the browser more.

We need this and ATT to hold onto 3G longer.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-21 10:00 PM
    The browser is a big deal. Especially when you don't have a lot of apps. You have to lean on the browser more.

We need this and ATT to hold onto 3G longer.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I hear you. I just don't use the browser of ANY phone as I've stated above. The native browser on BB10 is really painful to use for the most part so I don't bother too often. I realize others may rely on it and I sympathize. As for the 3G thing, I'm in Canada and it's probably not going away anytime soon in my area.
    03-01-21 10:06 PM
    Yeah, I hear you. I just don't use the browser of ANY phone as I've stated above. The native browser on BB10 is really painful to use for the most part so I don't bother too often. I realize others may rely on it and I sympathize. As for the 3G thing, I'm in Canada and it's probably not going away anytime soon in my area.
    Depends on what you mean by soon.... getting where the years seem to be flying by.
    03-02-21 08:41 AM
    Depends on what you mean by soon.... getting where the years seem to be flying by.
    Officially, end of 2025.
    03-02-21 08:44 AM
    Officially, end of 2025.
    Be here in no time.

Seems like just yesterday I was working on Y2K compliance....
    03-02-21 09:19 AM