I have had a search in the forums and cant find any reference to the Bluetooth changes in 10.2 that are quite dramatic.

After installing 10.2 and then resyncing with my car, I noticed some changes in the sync process and options available.

Updated Bluetooth Notifications in 10.2-img_00000002.jpg

When you complete the pin entry for Bluetooth sync, the OS then recognises the cars on board computer and asks you to clarify the brand of car. I though this was a bit strange at first, possibly to provide specific bluetooth options for the car... but that seemed far fetched!

Updated Bluetooth Notifications in 10.2-img_00000003.jpg

When pairing is complete, the bluetooth icon is different to the previous versions... but thats not where the fun stops!

Updated Bluetooth Notifications in 10.2-img_00000001.jpg

The lock screen now displays the logo of the car selected during setup and displays a list of functions available with the bluetooth connection. I have also noticed a slight change with how the bluetooth operates on my car with some different options presented including asking if the paired phone was the "favourite" (read: default) connection.

Not sure how useful this is but worth the heads up i think
    09-30-13 08:38 AM
    Cool!!!!! Thanks for the heads up.
    anon(1549765) likes this.
    09-30-13 08:45 AM
    You didn't search too hard. It's been part of 10.2 for awhile now.

If we lose the Right to Bear Arms, who will protect your Right to Free Speech?
    09-30-13 08:57 AM
    You didn't search too hard. It's been part of 10.2 for awhile now.

It has been pointed out previously, but not in as much detail that has been given here.

Thank you to the OP for this detailed description.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx while drunk
    09-30-13 09:46 AM
    Thanks Scorpion!

Just tried this with other bluetooth devices including a B&W zepellin and a Bose soundstation and neither shows up on the notification screen so must just be linked solely to car bluetooth kits. Would be interesting to see what other cars this works with.

One thing I have noticed is that the phone switches to the notification screen within 10 seconds of inactivity when tethered by bluetooth which is a nice touch as the car should provide all functionality from the steering column or dashboard controls.
    09-30-13 01:56 PM
    Thanks Scorpion!

Just tried this with other bluetooth devices including a B&W zepellin and a Bose soundstation and neither shows up on the notification screen so must just be linked solely to car bluetooth kits. Would be interesting to see what other cars this works with.

One thing I have noticed is that the phone switches to the notification screen within 10 seconds of inactivity when tethered by bluetooth which is a nice touch as the car should provide all functionality from the steering column or dashboard controls.
    It definitely works with Audi. (as expected, as their MMI system is a QNX product) I noticed this with 10.2 a while ago, and thought it was cool to see the Audi logo on my phone, as I never had to specify what type of car it was. That info was pulled automatically.

Services listed - Audio Sink - (yes sink ?)
    Handsfree
    Audio/Video Remote Control
    Phonebook

The lock screen has this info on it.

Audi Streaming
    Media Player Control
    Voice Control

The handsfree voice, and media streaming work great, and the sound quality is fantastic.

Q10 10.2
    09-30-13 02:11 PM
    My Z10 thinks that my Volvo V70 is a Nissan. Its enough to make me smash the phone to pieces, the cheek of it!
    09-30-13 02:22 PM
    delete the pairing and re pair. thats when I saw the changes. before i repaired my device nothing changed.
    09-30-13 02:25 PM
    Spot on bbaleno, I just paired my phone a second time to my wifes Fiat and got a rather fetching "Fiat U-Connect" logo on the main page and a different set of displayed functions. For some reason though, 10.2 isnt allowing me to screenshot the lock screen now!!

Its a nice touch I think, doesnt add major functionality but looks good
    09-30-13 02:31 PM
    Same goes for my BMW, although it states on the zeds screen I can control media I actually can't, this might be a limitation of my car though as its a 2010 BMW so maybe the QNX mmi is a different Rev. If anybody else with a '10 Beemer can get all the functions to work let me know

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:42 PM
    What functionality are you missing? I have some functions missing but its for sideloaded apps like Spotify. If i use the standard music player on BB10 it works a treat, just cant skip tracks in Spotify which is a bummer but I can live without it for now
    09-30-13 02:59 PM
    That looks really good! I'd like to see how 10.2 will handle the blue tooth connectivity with my Subaru.

I just need it to automatically connect to my phone when starting the car and show meta data when listening to music, then I'll have all of the functionality I had on my old Bold 9900.

I know I could install a leak but I'd rather just wait until my carrier officially releases it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:19 PM
    Been using the screen capture as my avatar for awhile now. When I connected to the car it asked if it was a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury. I wanted to choose Lincoln, but I would not have slept well at night knowing it was a lie.
    09-30-13 03:26 PM
    It has been pointed out previously, but not in as much detail that has been given here.

Thank you to the OP for this detailed description.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx while drunk
    Yea it was pics and all. When we had the bug that was locking the phone every few seconds if you had your car set.

09-30-13 04:14 PM
    That looks really good! I'd like to see how 10.2 will handle the blue tooth connectivity with my Subaru.

I just need it to automatically connect to my phone when starting the car and show meta data when listening to music, then I'll have all of the functionality I had on my old Bold 9900.

I know I could install a leak but I'd rather just wait until my carrier officially releases it.

Posted via CB10
    Install the leak Snake, you know you want to!
    09-30-13 04:22 PM
    Doesn't work for my Toyota Prius. Just comes up as it used to, no logo. :-(

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:18 PM
    The functionality is completely dependent on the vehicle. If I pair it to an EX trim level Civic, for example, I get BT Audio and hands free calling. When paired to a premium audio equipped Accord, I get BT Audio, Hands Free, Address book access, speed dial access, message notifications, and it will read your text messages to you.
    It's more about the tech of the audio system installed rather than the vehicle manufacturer. The majority if audio is still made by Pioneer, Sony, Alpine etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:25 PM
    Hey Weestev: I too had the nice Ford Logo on an earlier leaked version. But now since the last couple of leaks that I have loaded, I no longer get the option of choosing the vehicle brand; I no longer receive a prompt for "New Car Detected."

I noticed you are using Z10 STL100-2 10.2.0.1761. This is the leak that I am running right now as well and no Ford logo. Anybody have any ideas?
    10-10-13 09:34 AM
    Tried it on a '13 Prius V Entune w/navi. Works great! Only bugger is having internet access on my home screen, but no available Entune app to run it with. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Oh, I'm running Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.575
    10-10-13 11:44 AM
    I have a 2013 Nissan Altima with Navigation. I loaded 10.2 on my Z10 last night and my phone recognized my car - Nissan Logo came up on my phone, etc. Only problem is - the maps on the car's navigation does not work now. wtf
    10-24-13 09:41 AM
    As for the other posts on this subject, I searched the forums a couple of different ways and this is the first one that nails in detail what I just stumbled on to today. I discovered this today when I re-paired my phone with my 2010 Prius, because I have to toggle blue tooth off and on to get it to play audio from the music player app and it wasn't behaving, and low and behold I was greeted with a similar prompt for my Toyota/Subaru. I chose Toyota and the end mine looks like this:
    Updated Bluetooth Notifications in 10.2-img_00000344.jpg

However I have two gripes with this new "functionality" and they are:
    1. As someone already noted the lock screen now appears after 10 seconds of inactivity even though I have screen activity lockout set for 30 seconds.
    2. I can no longer use the Lock Screen Notifications to see what the new messages are, presumably because the big graphic is taking up the space.

I did not ask for either of these changes nor do I want them. And before someone says "it's a safety feature", I'm not always the one driving so I shouldn't have my phone's functionality reduced just because I have it paired over Bluetooth to my car. And also sometimes I am in the car parked waiting to pick someone up and again I don't want my phone to reduce its functionality then either.

Short of deleting the pairing and re-pairing while selecting "this Bluetooth is not my car" (which will presumably return it back to its previous functionality level), does anyone know where to go and override these two issues?

Also I am unclear what this special type of pairing is buying me short of showing me a generic graphic indicating the connection is to my Toyota car. Does anyone know if there is any extra functionality added with this special type of pairing?
    10-24-13 02:22 PM
    I don't have this option and I'm not sure why? I have a 2012 Ford Focus with My Ford Touch and the Sony 10 speaker system. When it didn't load after 10.2 install, I deleted the pairing and then repaired and still get nothing. Any suggestions? I see others in this thread with Ford vehicles are getting this option. Is there a setting in my phone or in the My Ford Touch that I need to adjust? Many thanks.
    10-25-13 03:14 PM
    As for the other posts on this subject, I searched the forums a couple of different ways and this is the first one that nails in detail what I just stumbled on to today. I discovered this today when I re-paired my phone with my 2010 Prius, because I have to toggle blue tooth off and on to get it to play audio from the music player app and it wasn't behaving, and low and behold I was greeted with a similar prompt for my Toyota/Subaru. I chose Toyota and the end mine looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000344.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	213852

However I have two gripes with this new "functionality" and they are:
    1. As someone already noted the lock screen now appears after 10 seconds of inactivity even though I have screen activity lockout set for 30 seconds.
    2. I can no longer use the Lock Screen Notifications to see what the new messages are, presumably because the big graphic is taking up the space.

I did not ask for either of these changes nor do I want them. And before someone says "it's a safety feature", I'm not always the one driving so I shouldn't have my phone's functionality reduced just because I have it paired over Bluetooth to my car. And also sometimes I am in the car parked waiting to pick someone up and again I don't want my phone to reduce its functionality then either.

Short of deleting the pairing and re-pairing while selecting "this Bluetooth is not my car" (which will presumably return it back to its previous functionality level), does anyone know where to go and override these two issues?

Also I am unclear what this special type of pairing is buying me short of showing me a generic graphic indicating the connection is to my Toyota car. Does anyone know if there is any extra functionality added with this special type of pairing?
    In the bluetooth settings, where it lists your connections, press and hold on the Toyota connection. There will be an option to unset (or not my car), or something like that (I can't check right now), and select that. Bluetooth will still fully function, but it won't mess with your screen timeout settings.
    10-25-13 03:22 PM
    My Q 10 previously running on 10.1 used to display the Toyota icon for my 2013 Avalon. But since its upgraded to 10.3.1 the phone does not seem to recognize my car system and suggests that its a Nissan or an Infinity!. The same issue is with my Blackberry passport on 10.3.1

However, both my devices recognize VW system and show the information on the lock screen.
    05-04-15 08:20 AM