Updated!!!

It said open in bbworld, when I tried to open it nothing happens only a black screen with BlackBerry logo and words initialising please wait!!!

 SE Passport 10.3.2.2876
    02-25-16 11:09 AM
    Yesss!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 11:21 AM
    Worth installing. Less cpu use and Bluetooth and location services are not grabbing cpu anymore like they were before.

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 11:28 AM
    Z10 (STL-100-2) / 2786 Full Install / Carrier: Vivo (Brazil)

Downloading as I type.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 11:30 AM
    Updated on my Classic on Fido in Canada
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 11:36 AM
    Installed just fine...finally!

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 11:57 AM
    *Puff! pant!*

Hey, listen everyone! I just tried to download the runtime and.... oh! You all already know...!

*wheezes!*

And I ran over here full of excitement thinking I might have been first to spot it was live. ;-)

Downloading now, and thanks to all for posting confirmations.

Regards

James
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 01:41 PM
    When done blackberry finally

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 01:49 PM
    Aaaaahhh, done - downloaded and installed, and it runs my bank authentication app, too. Finally.

Glad that somebody got around to doing something about it in the end, but the question remains, as somebody mentioned: Why did they push it out, in its broken state, in the first place, when the problems were long well known and widely discussed.
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 02:15 PM
    Android apps now successfully deleted (confirmed with ghost commander).

Like others have said, I too, feel that they've made some improvements with the RT.

Badoo, a social networking android application used to drain my battery when left running in the back ground. In fact, It was the worst offender out of my side-loaded android apps. Now, it doesn't drain the battery whatsoever.

Good Job BlackBerry!!!!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 03:23 PM
    I checked today and got mine also! Finally! Seems to be working for everybody now. Tnx BlackBerry for waking up

BlackBerry  Classic / SQC100-1  10.3.2.2876
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 04:41 PM
    Updated!!!

It said open in bbworld, when I tried to open it nothing happens only a black screen with BlackBerry logo and words initialising please wait!!!

You do not need to open it after download and installation. It runs in the background with Android apps. If you try to open it, you will get a message stating "initializing" and it will never do anything else! Just close out of that screen and relax. Look at the installed apps in your Blackberry Word "My Apps and Games" section. It should be listed there if it installed properly. It should show up as "BlackBerry Runtime for..."

Don't forget to reboot your phone after installation.

Good luck!
    02-25-16 05:38 PM
    I'd love to know what the issue was / what they had to do to fix the network error problem.

-Gary
    Barbareren likes this.
    02-25-16 05:53 PM
    So can anyone please positively confirm I can go directly from ART 2813 to this latest fix WITHOUT letting the OTA 2876 update go through? Or is this a must?

Thanks,
    02-25-16 06:03 PM
    Now, it is working. I did install yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 07:43 PM
    So can anyone please positively confirm I can go directly from ART 2813 to this latest fix WITHOUT letting the OTA 2876 update go through? Or is this a must?

Thanks,
    I was running the 2813 android runtime bars with the balance of 2876 OS when I updated. Worked fine.
    02-25-16 09:38 PM
    Same. Went from 2813 to this.

Finally success. Notice battery improvement. Actually whole phone seems better. Could be my imagination.

Thanks everyone.
    Thanks BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 10:16 PM
    I'd love to know what the issue was / what they had to do to fix the network error problem.

-Gary
    Someone tripped over a network cable, disconnecting it from the router.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus, LyoobaBerry and g_t_n like this.
    02-25-16 11:32 PM
    You do not need to open it after download and installation. It runs in the background with Android apps. If you try to open it, you will get a message stating "initializing" and it will never do anything else! Just close out of that screen and relax. Look at the installed apps in your Blackberry Word "My Apps and Games" section. It should be listed there if it installed properly. It should show up as "BlackBerry Runtime for..."

Don't forget to reboot your phone after installation.

Good luck!
    I did reboot my passport after the installation!!! I checked BlackBerry world and BlackBerry android runtime is listed.

Just curious not sure how far this is true, few BlackBerry users told me, after the installation the device will reboot itself but that never happened for.(i did perform a reboot manually)

02-26-16 01:12 AM

Thanks,
    Hi,

Yes, you can. Having installed the runtime from BBW, and rebooted, my Z10 was still prompting me to update to 2876 @ 85MB. I guessed from some of the other posts, that this is where the "tiny" 56kb update comes from; when the device attempts to download the OTA update, it "sees" the higher 132 runtime already installed, and just downloads a small "config."? file or similar to update the phone's OS and runtime version.

I "OK'd" the OTA update, saw the download just do 56kb, and then confirm the software OS was all up to date. I rebooted again, and checked the runtime again, and it was still the new 132 version installed.

I did notice however that within the first 5 minutes of the phone being "up", I had all sorts of app issues; white screens, crash back to home screen etc. I didn't panic though and knew that you have to let this sort of update "settle". Once I'd left it for a few hours, it was fine (so far anyway).

Regards

James
    LyoobaBerry and Ursus Rufus like this.
    02-26-16 02:13 AM
    Noticed a high battery usage of PIM function. Its been 6hours and its still not settling.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    02-26-16 03:14 AM
    Same. Went from 2813 to this.

Finally success. Notice battery improvement. Actually whole phone seems better. Could be my imagination.

Thanks everyone.
    Thanks BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Nah, the battery definitely is much better. When measuring I get round 50% more battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 04:10 PM
    Noticed a high battery usage of PIM function. Its been 6hours and its still not settling.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    Did you do a hard reset? After such and a reboot things seemed to settle down...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 04:13 PM
    Hi,

Yes, you can. Having installed the runtime from BBW, and rebooted, my Z10 was still prompting me to update to 2876 @ 85MB. I guessed from some of the other posts, that this is where the "tiny" 56kb update comes from; when the device attempts to download the OTA update, it "sees" the higher 132 runtime already installed, and just downloads a small "config."? file or similar to update the phone's OS and runtime version.

I "OK'd" the OTA update, saw the download just do 56kb, and then confirm the software OS was all up to date. I rebooted again, and checked the runtime again, and it was still the new 132 version installed.

I did notice however that within the first 5 minutes of the phone being "up", I had all sorts of app issues; white screens, crash back to home screen etc. I didn't panic though and knew that you have to let this sort of update "settle". Once I'd left it for a few hours, it was fine (so far anyway).

Regards

James
    Thanks, just upgraded straight for both my and my wife's Z30s. Everything running smoothly so far

Cheers,
    Rob Cheung likes this.
    02-26-16 07:13 PM
    Installing now, I hope it will be less bug

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 09:34 PM
392 ... 13141516