Mr chan are u still working???

Posted via CB10
    Is Mr. Chan the fellow claiming the hangover? Bogus...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 09:05 PM
    The guy working on it has a hangover.
    It seems that the whole company has this hangover. It looks just unprofessional and sleazy (especially in addition to the Betazone downtime). What comes next, BBM?

Wouldn't it be very easy to remove this damned download at least from the list to stop talking about it?

But such talking did indeed never (!) matter, it's RIM's company culture, let the users talk whatever they want, let rumours run and all that, BB10 is a dead horse anyway, everyone knows this, so what? And if the users stick to this platform (and refuse buying our Priv) they are also all lost and dead for us, never mind.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-23-16 12:08 AM
    Hi JamesW_UK. Pleased to meet you. I get the update notification regardless of connecting to wifi or using Blend or anything.

Furthermore, the claim that this "nag" won't happen if one turns off auto update in settings, before rolling back the ART, is, well, not true in my case, anyway...

Regards,
    IainM_Canada

Posted via CB10
    Hi Iain,

Well,that's two of us then...

For me, I do find if I leave the phone disconnected from either Wifi or the network data, then there's no nag for x minutes / x days (not left it that long), but once I connect again, then the nags come back with a vengeance, regardless of that auto-update being "off".

Just have to wait for any updates on the update of the updates to the original update, from the updates to the missing update of the update last time (from the update).

;-)

That, or hope someone is able to build something / an app. that can disable the update check completely, or perhaps mirror Colbalt22's work and somehow "spoof" the OS version so that the updater "sees" the latest version (or whatever you want it to see) regardless of what you actually have, and goes away quietly... Be great if that information was just in a simple .ini-like file that we could get access to and amend.

I did mess about with Cascades so I might see if / what the programmatical way to get the current OS is...

Regards

James
    02-23-16 01:53 AM

I did mess about with Cascades so I might see if / what the programmatical way to get the current OS is...

Regards

James
    Found this; Get device os version - BlackBerry Support Community Forums which is a method to obtain the current OS version in QT and kind-of where I was thinking of going.. could the value for the current OS be "set" incorrectly to fool the updater program, or even intercept it's alerts and mute them, via Alert dialog functions - BlackBerry Native or similar?

Looked at a few other links;

HardwareInfo - BlackBerry Native

NotificationGlobalSettings - BlackBerry Native

Notifications (notification.h) - BlackBerry Native

...but I don't have the skills to implement / try any of this at present.

Regards

James
    02-23-16 02:22 AM
    Found this; Get device os version - BlackBerry Support Community Forums which is a method to obtain the current OS version in QT and kind-of where I was thinking of going.. could the value for the current OS be "set" incorrectly to fool the updater program, or even intercept it's alerts and mute them, via Alert dialog functions - BlackBerry Native or similar?

Looked at a few other links;

HardwareInfo - BlackBerry Native

NotificationGlobalSettings - BlackBerry Native

Notifications (notification.h) - BlackBerry Native

...but I don't have the skills to implement / try any of this at present.

Regards

James
    Hi again James.

Oh wow! Those are quite the find! Excellent...

Wonder if there be any Berrynauts hereabouts that know this rigging and could do something with it ?

One way or another, we are waiting for something aren't we? Even a breeze would fill the sails at this point.

And by the way you're of course quite right, if my device isn't connected either to wifi or network, the nag does not show up. It will show up after a reboot or if my phone has been shut down and I start it up. Or if I just leave it on and connected to network or wifi. And yes, it made no difference having auto update off when side loading Cobalt's BAR files.

Here we drift....

Regards,

Iain

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 04:26 AM
    Its is February 23, 2016 and about 6:15 a.m. U.S. west coast time. Something may finally be in the works for fixing the download error. This morning I again tried to download the runtime update and got simply no response to pressing the download button. The "network error" response disappeared. Keep your fingers crossed, Blackberry may come through yet!

Update:
    634 a.m. and the error is back. Sigh...........
    Last edited by Mozdony; 02-23-16 at 08:35 AM.
    Ursus Rufus and JamesW_UK like this.
    02-23-16 08:19 AM
    The guy working on it has a hangover.
    The guy working on it was laid off more than likely. Between this, the broken paypal payment issue in BBW, and the broken youtube share function it's pretty obvious BlackBerry could care less about fixing BB10 issues let alone add new features.

Been with BlackBerry for a long time now. But I am starting to look at what my options are for my next device. People keep saying BB10 isn't dead yet. Well IMO when things are broken and not being fixed then yeah it's dead.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    Foreverup and JeepBB like this.
    02-23-16 12:40 PM
    The guy working on it was laid off more than likely. Between this, the broken paypal payment issue in BBW, and the broken youtube share function it's pretty obvious BlackBerry could care less about fixing BB10 issues let alone add new features.

Been with BlackBerry for a long time now. But I am starting to look at what my options are for my next device. People keep saying BB10 isn't dead yet. Well IMO when things are broken and not being fixed then yeah it's dead.
    Pretty much. We can quibble all we want about what counts as "dead" but it's hard to dodge the implications of the things you've mentioned, in addition to the general kiss-off to native development.

OS .2876 is not a leak that BlackBerry can ignore. The runtime problem has been noted since mid-December. It affects anyone who tries to uninstall an Android app. To take as long as it has taken to fix it and then fail to get the fix to download for many who need it is simply appalling. It really does suggest that almost no one is working on this stuff anymore.

Sure, those of us who hang around CB and know how to do it can roll the two runtime files back to .2813, but that "solution" is irrelevant to the majority of ordinary users, not to mention corporate customers.
    Mozdony, g_t_n, JamesW_UK and 2 others like this.
    02-23-16 01:43 PM
    Its is February 23, 2016 and about 6:15 a.m. U.S. west coast time. Something may finally be in the works for fixing the download error. This morning I again tried to download the runtime update and got simply no response to pressing the download button. The "network error" response disappeared. Keep your fingers crossed, Blackberry may come through yet!

Update:
    634 a.m. and the error is back. Sigh...........
    Hi,

Thanks for posting this though, despite it not being the fix we all hope for. It's only by loads of us checking every day / hour / minute etc. that one of us will "find" when it's fixed... or at least likely sooner than when it's announced officially (if it is at all) and can advise the community.

Regards

James
    02-24-16 03:24 AM
    [snip]

Here we drift....

Regards,

Iain

Posted via CB10
    Hi again,

Reading that made me think of the famous Monty Python lifeboat cannibalism sketch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeboat_sketch) which itself is based on the trial of Dudley and Stephens (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Dudley_and_Stephens).

To paraphrase it for our issue;

First Sailor: "Patch still not downloading... how long is it?"
    Second Sailor: "Nearly three months, Sir"
    First Sailor: "I don't think we can hold out much longer"
    Third Sailor: "Listen ... chaps ... there's one last chance. I'm done for, I've got a cracked screen, no memory card, I'm going fast, I'll never get through ... but ... some of you might ... so you'd better take your SIM cards and throw your Blackberrys over the side now..."

;-)

Regards

James
    02-24-16 03:50 AM
    Guys and Gals:

It is 6:32 a.m. 2/25/2016 west coast time and I just tried to download the update for android runtime through BBW. It is alive! The download was successful on my unlocked Z30! Spread the word. Have everybody interested try. Note: I bookmarked the download page in BBW and have been able to try it often without much effort. It is finally here.
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-25-16 08:35 AM
    Guys and Gals:

It is 6:32 a.m. 2/25/2016 west coast time and I just tried to download the update for android runtime through BBW. It is alive! The download was successful on my unlocked Z30! Spread the word. Have everybody interested try. Note: I bookmarked the download page in BBW and have been able to try it often without much effort. It is finally here.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! We have success finally!!!
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 08:38 AM
    Same here. Z10 on AT&T. Finally got it.

Now, time for a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 08:53 AM
    Got it too! Finally!

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 09:00 AM
    Finally I could too!

jS. Posted from my Passport.
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 09:05 AM
    Z30 on ATT. Downloading right now!!!!!
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 09:12 AM
    Yup downloading!

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 09:18 AM
    Finally a light at the of the tunnel...

Don't forget to restart after installing.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 09:20 AM
    It's downloading now.

Z10 STL100-2 10.3.2.2786 Orange- Romania

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 09:22 AM
    Guys and Gals:

Thanks!!!!
    Updated Android Runtime for BlackBerry10-img_20160225_230048.png

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 10:02 AM
    Yup. I can't believe it, but it is definitely here for me and downloading now.
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 10:02 AM
    Fixed
    Updated Android Runtime for BlackBerry10-img_20160225_182552.png

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2876
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 10:27 AM
    It works, so happy!
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-25-16 10:27 AM
    Ya it is working, thanks to the members to brought this to blackberry

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876