The Priv has received the monthly security patches faster than Google's own Nexus devices. If anything, this proves where their resources lie (or where they don't).
    Glad to hear they do have the capability.

I guess the real "trail by fire" will come if a vulnerability pops up, that is specific to BlackBerry's Android devices, and they have to personally actively solve it, in a timely manner, as opposed to "just" distributing Google's updates.
    02-18-16 11:22 AM
    As Conite has said over on the runtime analysis thread, 99% can't download it, it would seem... not "some"..
    some/səm/

1. an unspecified amount or number of.
    2. used to refer to someone or something that is unknown or unspecified.
    3. (used with a number) approximately.
    4. a considerable amount or number of.
    5. at least a small amount or number of.
    There is nothing wrong with the use of "some". Further, since Conite doesn't know exactly who can and can't download it, his 99% claim is unverifiable. Many CB users can't download the update, but that's all we know.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 02:06 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the use of "some". Further, since Conite doesn't know exactly who can and can't download it, his 99% claim is unverifiable. Many CB users can't download the update, but that's all we know.

Posted via CB10
    Actually I said 99.99% - which was clearly said in jest, and not based on statistical research.

Based on the numbers here, I would still stand by my assertion that the use of word "some" is patently hysterical.
    02-18-16 02:12 PM
    Actually I said 99.99% - which was clearly said in jest, and not based on statistical research.

Based on the numbers here, I would still stand by my assertion that the use of word "some" is patently hysterical.
    Yeah, "some" leads me to believe a minority. I feel safe in saying MOST, although I can't prove it.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 02:29 PM
    I think I am in the most category... i.e. I still can't download as I continue to get network error. I want to delete the stupid United App from my phone and don't want to deal with an earlier runtime for now...

 Passport SE 
    02-18-16 09:21 PM
    BLACKBERRY please deleting the update, you just made people confusing...ur so weird guys?!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 09:44 PM
    Still can't download it. My wife the same. How long has that been now without any change - ten days? That's indeed humble.

I also don't understand the problem, they have tenthousands of apps in BB World and all have been at least downloadable for years, this has been working millions of times. What did they do with that special fix?
    02-19-16 12:14 AM
    Hi Robsteve,

Ah, thanks for that. I should have looked a bit deeper. I assumed a new "release" would have a new link and therefore the reviews would be specific to that release... which of course is totally and utterly wrong... ;-) That would be like having a new link / "page" for everytime a new tweak to "Angry Birds" is released or something.

Well, I suppose that does then mean there's not a single review from this new release yet...

Apologies for any confusion all.

Regards

James
    02-19-16 01:15 AM

Posted via CB10

Hi both,

Apologies for the minor misquote.

On a a personal level, I decided to look up "some" out of curiosity, and found this;

some - definition of some in English from the Oxford dictionary

That shows for English "some" can actually be defined as;

(Pronounced stressing ‘some’) at least a small amount or number of:
    But also;

(Pronounced stressing ‘some’) a considerable amount or number of:
    That made me instantly think of those "possible side effects" lists you get on medication leaflets where the top one is "Diahorrera", and the bottom one (PUN!) is something like "chronic constipation"; two conditions that are at either end of their respective spectrums (eh?).

Again, personally, I would have said "some" tends to mean "a few" of a whole, or imply a very small number of, but I guess it's just how trends come about across different counties.

I think given what we've been reading here, and extrapolating out the number of posters against the whole BB10 user base, it's a pretty solid assumption that 99.99% aren't having any luck with this update.

I found a post; http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-grown-908007/ which I appreciate isn't 100% accurate by any means, but 0.01% of 5,000,000 users is 500... even that seems a large number for those getting it successfully, given the posts here!

And besides.. everyone knows that 76.56% of all statistics on the Internet are made up...

;-)

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 02-19-16 at 06:00 AM.
    02-19-16 01:30 AM
    I have the network error on my passport, on my classic and on my wife's q10. So the error is here for 99.99% of our household phones.
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-19-16 01:46 AM
    Still error from the beginning here in the Czech Republic

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 07:51 AM
    Same here in Greece

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 10:46 AM
    Guess what? BlackBerry don't care. They are truly the company that 'cannot do anything right'.
    02-19-16 07:19 PM
    Maybe next update fixed this issue
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    02-20-16 06:18 AM
    What next update??

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 12:21 PM
    What next update??

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3 obviously; or did you miss the months of threads and posts talking about it?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 12:46 PM
    10.3.3 obviously; or did you miss the months of threads and posts talking about it?

Posted via CB10
    I though he meant a different update for example something to with the Runtime

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 02:19 PM
    Well, I suppose I was one of the lucky ones this time... I have absolutely no clue as to why, but I can give some information about my 'setup'. Don't know if any of it might be helpful, though, sorry... I updated my Passport to the latest OS version through the Sachesi tool; it was bought through Shop BlackBerry (back in October 2014); I downloaded and installed the Android Runtime using the link in the first post in this thread; I have a Telcel SIM-card in Mexico; I have the Play Store installed, but only about 10 or so Android apps; the main language on my phone is Norwegian (my mother tongue); I downloaded the upgrade on a decent Wi-Fi connection; I use Gmail for my contacts, calendar and e-mail, and Google Maps for GPS; my BlackBerry ID is my Gmail address... I don't know what else to add... If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm not expecting these things to make any difference, really, but I find it extremely strange that I was able to download and install the upgrade while almost all of you guys were not...

I've attached a screen shot showing that the upgrade has been installed on my Passport.

Cheers
    Updated Android Runtime for BlackBerry10-img_20160220_141548.png

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    02-20-16 02:46 PM
    Well, I suppose I was one of the lucky ones this time... I have absolutely no clue as to why, but I can give some information about my 'setup'. Don't know if any of it might be helpful, though, sorry... I updated my Passport to the latest OS version through the Sachesi tool; it was bought through Shop BlackBerry (back in October 2014); I downloaded and installed the Android Runtime using the link in the first post in this thread; I have a Telcel SIM-card in Mexico; I have the Play Store installed, but only about 10 or so Android apps; the main language on my phone is Norwegian (my mother tongue); I downloaded the upgrade on a decent Wi-Fi connection; I use Gmail for my contacts, calendar and e-mail, and Google Maps for GPS; my BlackBerry ID is my Gmail address... I don't know what else to add... If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm not expecting these things to make any difference, really, but I find it extremely strange that I was able to download and install the upgrade while almost all of you guys were not...

I've attached a screen shot showing that the upgrade has been installed on my Passport.

Cheers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160220_141548.png 
Views:	2415 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	392046

How many tries did it take before you were able to download it, or did it just work as soon as you opened the BBW app?

Passport.
    02-20-16 05:26 PM
    First try..

LyoobaBerry likes this.
    02-21-16 03:24 AM
    My android apps just started working again on its own

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:28 AM
    Still getting network error here. No magical breakthrough.
    02-21-16 07:34 AM
    BlackBerry don't care about BlackBerry 10 as much anymore due to BlackBerry priv

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 09:30 AM
    Still getting network error here. No magical breakthrough.
    Same here! Sometimes, it says 'Downloading' for a split-second prior to it running into the Network error.

BlackBerry would've done a better job by uploading the patched .bar files to 4shared, and provided us with the link...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    02-21-16 09:47 AM
    Did anyone twit this to BlackBerry support?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-21-16 11:22 AM
392 ... 1011121314 ...