Hello,

Long time user/abuser. Been on Crackbery since the 8830.

First: Would like to acknowledge the tireless work that the BerryLeak Team does in helping us get the most out of our devices - even at the cost of their own job security.

Second: I want to say that I have searched for answers to address the issues I have been experiencing and have tried the remedies without any success.

1055 has been one of the best leaks I've put on a berry. It is an evolutionary step, not a small tweak, in getting blackberries to remain competitive and desirable. It cannot be stated enough that every software OS, be it iOS, JellyBean, KitKat, Windows, PS3, and most importantly Carrier Approved all have some bugs. It is to be expected whether you are on original OS or the latest leak.

With that said, I am willing to live with some level of compromise in order to have the latest features. I have read some of the issues that others are having and they are truly remarkable, like not receiving emails or being able to use camera or SD card. I am experiencing some bugs that I'm hoping can be remedied by the brain trust here so that I, and others having similar issues, can enjoy this leak as a daily driver.

I have run the auto loader three times so far.

1st time install:
    1) Ran autoloader over leak 1725.
    2) Went through set up without entering BBID information
    3) Restore with Link in airplane mode
    4) Downloaded 1Mobile, Aptiode, and Amazon App Stores
    5) Downloaded Snapchat, Candy Crush, Pinturest, Instagram, Temple Run, Sirius XM, Pandora, Soundcloud, Netflix, Vine, Tinder (most from 1Mobile and Kris' Skydrive)

Results:
    accounts, VVM, MMS, APKs worked flawlessly with the except of "missing Google Play Services" error.
    I did have two small bugs, the thumbnail of an open app (native or android) would remain on the screen when switching to HUB or pulling down the quick settings and, the device would reboot itself once a day. Suddenly, I was unable to access VVM messages; received an error message (cannot play at this time or service unavailable). I noticed that in the phone app, the filters options to view calls by "All, Missed, or Voicemail" changed back to only "All or Missed". In the Setup screen for VVM, everything looked normal. Tried device reset (holding volume up/down key until reboot) and VVM glitch remained. Ran a search and found the suggestion to cancel the service and re-provision. Yielded unsuccessful results. Decided to reload OS, as suggested by a BerryLeak Team Member,

2nd Install:
    1) Performed security wipe
    2) Ran autoloader
    3) Did not enter BBID in initial set up
    4) Did not restore with Link
    5) Added email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, BBID
    6) Downloaded apps from BBWorld
    7) Waited overnight
    8) Signed into VVM
    9) Downloaded 1Mobile and Amazon App store
    10) Downloaded Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Snapchat, Candy Crush, Instagram, Sirius XM, Pandora, Soundcloud, Netflix, Vine, Tinder

Results, round 2:
    VVM, MMS, APK' s initially worked flawlessly.
    Occasionally had the bug where a thumbnail from an App would block the HUB or quick settings. Within the first day of having the leak reinstalled, I lost MMS functionality and soon after my VVM was gone as well. I also noticed that I was unable to access my accounts to edit/add/delete but messages were coming through fine. Either way of accessing, from HUB to 'Settings' 'accounts' 'email accounts' or from attempting to access through Setup, I would get to a landing page saying "accessing accounts" and a loading circle that never loaded. I tried leaving it on that page without interruption for over an hour with no success. This persisted after device resets.Tried to delete the APKs from the device (without using the Playbook extension). Was successful with the exception of Amazon app store. Tried a security wipe, let the phone settle, and tried an MMS with success. However the VVM issue persisted. Decided to throw in the towel.

Getting to the end here...

Round 3 install
    1) Had Link Reload VZW's latest OS
    2) Signed into VVM and was able to send MMS
    3) Ran autoloader for 1055
    4) Added email accounts, Facebook, Twitte, BBID
    5) Let the phone settle for a few hours
    6) Device reset
    7) Downloaded apps from BBworld
    8) Waited one day and did another reset
    9) Signed into VVM

Low and Behold!

Everything seems to be working. Have had the phone like this for 24 hours so far. No more lagging thumbnails. No problem adding additional accounts. VVM and MMS are working.

My concern is that I may lose VVM when I add any app stores or APK directly. I have noticed that one method of debugging the phone is to delete APKs/resetting to see if there was any conflict. Is there something in the APKs that would cause a conflict with the OS? Is there any reason to believe that I might have better luck with carrier specific services having loaded 1055 over the latest official OS? Lastly, has anyone else had to go through such steps to fix any bugs and what has your success been?
    gemoelle likes this.
    12-03-13 02:50 PM
    I could have saved you 1000 words. lol. But thank you for your steps that you took as a way of comparison.
    MMS do not send out on 1055 on VZW if you wipe. There are multiple threads. Yes, we know about that problem.lol And yes, I have gone through multiple steps to figure this out with some of the other long-suffering VZW customers. But I won't reload until we get a new leak.

Don't use VVM so can't comment on that.
    12-03-13 06:56 PM
    I find I only lose vvm when I turn off or reboot my phone. Haven't had any mms issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:25 PM
    Wiped no mms issues only issue I have on this leak is VVM. I have reloaded 4 times each time done differently in setup can not maintain. VVM settings. Tried and tried. If you find an answer, I'd appreciate it. But then again, I don't talk on my phone much so when I do get a voice mail I dnt mind calling in to retrieve it.

It's a BlackBerry...enough said! Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.xxxx
    12-03-13 09:47 PM
    I appreciate everyone's input.

Jaydee - well known about the MMS issue after a wipe. I was, as you picked up on, hoping to create a specific protocol to help determine any steps that should have been approached differently. Thank you.

It seems there are more and more threads dedicated to the VVM issue - it seems that the consensus is that VZW won't allow the provisioning with 1055.

Ironically, to help another CBer troubleshoot their VVM issue I rebooted mine and lost the function. Seems you are correct Pili4. Either people are not reporting back about the VVM or somehow have been fortunate enough to not have to reboot the device.

Any thoughts towards the APK conflict, in the general sense? It is now clear that there is no direct connection between carrier specific apps and the bugs I was experiencing.

As always, looking forward to the new leak.
    12-03-13 11:13 PM
    Jared, great thread, very informative. I'm in California on Verizon, Z10, 10.2.1.1055...same conclusion as you on your loads. I'm currently on 1055, unfortunately I too did a security wipe after loading os. Running many direct downloaded apk's and .bar sideloads. Have mms and accounts bug. Living with it for now. Awaiting new leak also. Don't have Verizon VVM so I can't report on it either...

Trusted Member Genius
    12-04-13 12:20 AM
    Verizon, Q and both Z's. VVM worked fine, until I side loaded Google Maps. Had to reload OS. Then lost VVM after side loading Google Maps again. NEVER rebooted before installing Maps, so I can't comment on that issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 06:25 AM
    so is every one saying that in order to gain visual voice mail back I need to reload to a Verizon wireless approved operating system then then go back? to a leak?
    01-02-14 07:30 AM
    I am on VZ also, 10.2.1791. I have not loaded 1925 yet. From what I am reading in this thread, should I not do a security wipe before loading 1925?

so is every one saying that in order to gain visual voice mail back I need to reload to a Verizon wireless approved operating system then then go back? to a leak?
    01-02-14 09:09 AM
    My visual voice mail is working fine. I reinstalled the OS 2 weeks ago. I only have one android app installed (Word feud) via the 'old' way. My apps are generally slow to load, but are working including VVM.

Posted via my super-duper Z10
    01-06-14 03:05 AM
    My visual voice mail is working fine. I reinstalled the OS 2 weeks ago. I only have one android app installed (Word feud) via the 'old' way. My apps are generally slow to load, but are working including VVM.

Posted via my super-duper Z10
    I have jumped mine and my roommates up to 10.2.1.1925. In USA on Verizon STL100-4. I have to say it is much better and absolutely worth the update. Very smooth, have not had to restart either of our two Z10's since the initial load!!! More apk's work also. Give it a try. You will be glad you did.

Trusted Member Genius
    01-06-14 08:30 AM