I think I have an understanding of why people clamor for new update (10.3.3) when it wasnt available months ago.

From what I can read up in here, before the new update (10.3.3) many bb10 users were already getting bored using their devices, they needed new task and excitement, something to push the boundaries, an issue to fix. Despite the fact that 10.3.3 have bugs or there about, many people still are asking when the update will drop on their devices (it amazes me).

It makes me come to a conclusion that (I might be wrong), we (the users) just need a problem to fix on our devices. 10.3.3 brings few changes as well as total block to facebook integration with bb10's calender and hub but people that needs it the most still update anyways.

soon, people will also clamor for 10.3.4 when there isnt anything to fix with 10.3.3.

Much love guys.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 08:52 AM
    That's actually a nice insight.

And you're right, at least with me. I've read a number of problems with 10.3.3 but I am still waiting here in the Philippines for the update.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-04-16 08:02 PM
    That's actually a nice insight.

And you're right, at least with me. I've read a number of problems with 10.3.3 but I am still waiting here in the Philippines for the update.

Posted via CB10
    Good FIRST post.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    12-04-16 08:16 PM
    Software is the new BlackBerry  sigh

Posted via CB10 on my  Z10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-04-16 08:42 PM
    Actually we just want new useful features.
    12-04-16 10:15 PM
    Actually we just want new useful features.
    You are using the wrong platform to expect that result, I am afraid.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    gugomat likes this.
    12-05-16 04:26 AM
    I never really posted anything about wanting the new OS, but I was experiencing this bug where I watch any video on the browser and suddenly the video becomes a full black screen with only audio. It seems to be finally fixed with this update

Posted via Passport SE
    12-05-16 06:08 AM
    I never really posted anything about wanting the new OS, but I was experiencing this bug where I watch any video on the browser and suddenly the video becomes a full black screen with only audio. It seems to be finally fixed with this update

Posted via Passport SE
    Nice ,+1 positive opinion on this update.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 08:37 AM
    I would not call the issue with Facebook a bug... that's been a "problem" that we have know about for a LONG time. When it's designed not to work, it's not a bug.

From what I've see 10.3.3 is a pretty stable maintenance release... if you are experience issues, try a clean install with limited data restore (if any). From what I see, most everyone wanted it... because it was promised to them, and a few hoped for a surprise (Android version update). But I think most here understood it would be what it was. I'm actually surprised how stable it is, compared to the last few updates.

What's 10.3.4? Anyone at BlackBerry mention it lately?
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    12-05-16 03:58 PM
    Nice ,+1 positive opinion on this update.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, the LinkedIn mobile site renders properly now. For the past few weeks it was unusable. Now all is good. (especially since the "app" is having issues again.)

I use the mobile sites for most so I have very few Android Applications.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    12-05-16 06:55 PM
    I'm actively avoiding installing 10.3.3 and I'm happy to do so.
    12-05-16 09:06 PM

Me too. I always assume that those who update first are beta testers. I no longer feel like being a guinea pig when they won't let you roll back.

It would be nice to see a benefits and bugs list. Someone must have summarized the pros and cons in one of the many threads around here.
    12-06-16 07:37 AM
    It makes me come to a conclusion that (I might be wrong), we (the users) just need a problem to fix on our devices.
    I think it's partly that, for some of us. We enjoy tinkering, so we like the cycle of installing updates, then finding either new features or new problems and workarounds. I remember back when I had my first BlackBerry, a Curve 8320, I spent a lot of time fiddling with shortcuts, etc, allegedly "optimizing" my phone for maximum productivity. Even then, deep down I knew that the time I was spending installing updates, making them "leaner" by removing stuff, and tweaking shortcuts and so on was far more than any supposed "productivity" time I might gain. It was really just a hobby.

It was just as much a hobby with BB10. And for me it's still a hobby with Android. I'm still using my two year-old OnePlus One, running CyanogenMod nightlies, instead of the standard CyanogenOS. Recently, CM started pushing out Android N, so of course the more recent nightlies have a lot of bugs again, just as it was when M started rolling out last year. And somehow, I'm happier! Just a couple of days ago, the nightly broke the Wifi button on the Quick Actions panel, but last night's release fixed it.

There's no good reason for me to be messing with early Nougat nightlies, when the last Marshmallow builds were working perfectly. But I can't resist, any more than I could resist installing BB10 leaks that fixed problems I wasn't even aware of...
    12-06-16 08:05 AM
    I think it's partly that, for some of us. We enjoy tinkering, so we like the cycle of installing updates, then finding either new features or new problems and workarounds. I remember back when I had my first BlackBerry, a Curve 8320, I spent a lot of time fiddling with shortcuts, etc, allegedly "optimizing" my phone for maximum productivity. Even then, deep down I knew that the time I was spending installing updates, making them "leaner" by removing stuff, and tweaking shortcuts and so on was far more than any supposed "productivity" time I might gain. It was really just a hobby.

It was just as much a hobby with BB10. And for me it's still a hobby with Android. I'm still using my two year-old OnePlus One, running CyanogenMod nightlies, instead of the standard CyanogenOS. Recently, CM started pushing out Android N, so of course the more recent nightlies have a lot of bugs again, just as it was when M started rolling out last year. And somehow, I'm happier! Just a couple of days ago, the nightly broke the Wifi button on the Quick Actions panel, but last night's release fixed it.

There's no good reason for me to be messing with early Nougat nightlies, when the last Marshmallow builds were working perfectly. But I can't resist, any more than I could resist installing BB10 leaks that fixed problems I wasn't even aware of...
    I like this, lol. Reminded me of my android days and cyanogen. Those were fun times, spending sleepless nights trying to fine tune it.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 09:09 AM
    Well spoken. Though it has not started rolling out in Nigeria, I know a lot of friends that are waiting for it religiously with some even using autoloaders just to have it. I might not get it since I plan on giving my perfect Z10 to my dad in the new year and get a Z30 that I pray will be on 10.3.2 just for the Facebook integration . Like somebody said, we just like having a new feature to play with

From my Awesome Z10
    12-09-16 12:11 PM
    +1 'at least

Blend still in the drop-down?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 01:11 PM
    Well spoken. Though it has not started rolling out in Nigeria, I know a lot of friends that are waiting for it religiously with some even using autoloaders just to have it. I might not get it since I plan on giving my perfect Z10 to my dad in the new year and get a Z30 that I pray will be on 10.3.2 just for the Facebook integration . Like somebody said, we just like having a new feature to play with

From my Awesome Z10
    Am in nigeria too, all my BlackBerry updates usually comes a month, two or three after the global release. Normally, am always anxious to download them but this time, will just wait it out till the ota comes on its own, will use the countdown to observe people's opinions in totality about the update and hopefully, the would be a fix for all the various bugs/problems people are having. @NNN your friends, are they having any problem with the os?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 01:33 PM
    Most of it is the Facebook integration as I think it has been permanently removed. Anyways I'll allow it to settle on the I'm phones then check for other 'problems'.

From my Awesome Z10
    12-09-16 10:21 PM
    Most of it is the Facebook integration as I think it has been permanently removed. Anyways I'll allow it to settle on their phones then check for other 'problems'.

From my Awesome Z10

From my Awesome Z10
    12-09-16 10:22 PM
    I already update to 10.3.3 via autoloader a few days ago. And from my point of view, everything is smooth and good, except I experiencing browser crash once while it never happen in 10.3.2. RAM management is improved, really. Overall it's really good and better, just do the autoloader way like me, Ota may come a month or more.

Oh and for Facebook integration, there's a way to fix that by side loading some bar file from 10.3.2, but keep in mind messenger will not work, search this forum. I'm in 10.3.3 and I have Facebook hub integration!
    12-09-16 11:56 PM
    I already update to 10.3.3 via autoloader a few days ago. And from my point of view, everything is smooth and good, except I experiencing browser crash once while it never happen in 10.3.2. RAM management is improved, really. Overall it's really good and better, just do the autoloader way like me, Ota may come a month or more.

Oh and for Facebook integration, there's a way to fix that by side loading some bar file from 10.3.2, but keep in mind messenger will not work, search this forum. I'm in 10.3.3 and I have Facebook hub integration!
    Will google chrome work for the sideload too or is it only sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 12:02 AM
    Will google chrome work for the sideload too or is it only sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    I don't use chrome, I use built-in browser. The only android app I use is LINE, and it's works faster a bit
    12-10-16 07:16 AM
    I don't use chrome, I use built-in browser. The only android app I use is LINE, and it's works faster a bit
    Was referring to the fact that you can also use chrome to sideload apps, not in actual browsing.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 07:25 AM
    I think I have an understanding of why people clamor for new update (10.3.3) when it wasnt available months ago.

From what I can read up in here, before the new update (10.3.3) many bb10 users were already getting bored using their devices, they needed new task and excitement, something to push the boundaries, an issue to fix. Despite the fact that 10.3.3 have bugs or there about, many people still are asking when the update will drop on their devices (it amazes me).

Posted via CB10
    THAT ^^^
    Well, some people are never satisfied!
    Or maybe it's just human nature to complain!

I disabled auto updates years ago - I like to wait and see if it's worth the risk - switching to Mac OS taught me that after years of windows insanity.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 08:41 AM
    Was referring to the fact that you can also use chrome to sideload apps, not in actual browsing.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, off course it works. But i prefer sachesi/DBBT because no need to go to development mode
    12-10-16 04:15 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD