Having taken well over two weeks to get my Z10 working properly after the last software update, and having decided that, as the last update screwed my phone up to such an extent, it will have no more of the half backed updates on it....I am now absolutly furious.

Unbeknown to me, yet another setting had changed during the update, automatic software updates......and I've just been faced with..." an update has automatically been downloaded".

Settings, updates, options....turn it off in there.

Now I have no choice but to have this update come onto my phone !!!
    03-06-14 02:31 AM
    hi afl777,
    not sure about your particular case and problems, but auto update can be turned off (it is on my Z30) or on, at will. BUT, as it was not present in previous releases, it came (unfortunately, IMHO) with default setting to "on" in 1st 10.2.1 update.
    Thanks for pointing it out.
    Cheers
    SF
    03-06-14 04:00 AM
    How exactly the last update screwed up up phone? Can u be more specific?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 04:04 AM
    How exactly the last update screwed up up phone? Can u be more specific?

Posted via CB10
    There are threads around the forum....battery issuse, draining etc. Its taken two weeks to get it sorted out. Now it is turned off so it can't happen again, but other settings were changed with the last update which also caused problems.

Issues with people ....like myself....not knowing that updates is turned to "auto update when connected to wifi" is....what happens when someone turns on wifi to such as receive a picture over BBM and then turns the wifi off not knowing the update is coming in ? What happens when someone latches onto a shopping centee wifi to check messages etc and turns off....again only part of the software update has come in. And what is the biggest cause of problems after a software update....stopped or paused signal breaking up the update.
    03-06-14 04:19 AM
    And what is the biggest cause of problems after a software update....stopped or paused signal breaking up the update.
    hum ... not quite sure about this (can be wrong), AFAIK, update install only starts once the whole update have been received and verified.
    Problem may occur then post-install during the restart if additional files are required ?
    03-06-14 04:33 AM