Hi everybody,

this is my Via Dolorosa of upgrading to 10.3 so far:

1)
    Update dialogue on the phone says: release 1 GB (it's a 8 GB Q5) while storage use is as follows: system 2,19; apps 1,3; user 0,466; free 1,96. (This is somehow ridiculous as a) 2 GB are missing in the list b) I had to manually delete some 20 or 30 apps c) a lot of the apps cannot be deleted as they are system apps.)

2)
    However, decided to try out BB Link (Mac OS Mavericks, Link 1.2.1) with cable connection. For some reason, my phone was not recognized, but I had to reinstall link. Tried to create a backup, after a couple of hours there was the home screen again telling me nothing about any backups. Anyhow, I was able to trigger the update to 10.3 via Link. It was downloaded and started to install (progress bar on the phone was at 67% after another ridiculous matter of several hours). When I came back, it had stopped without any notification. When I tried to trigger it again, Link appears to download something again and reveals homescreen afterwards. Tried several times.

3)
    Using the phone, now it tells me to release 2 GB of storage, however the figures have not changed and I don't know what used up the storage in between.

Result after trying to upgrade:
    - less storage, useless Link software, no backup, no upfrage
    Questions:
    How to clean storage? How to make Link working? How to update without deleting all apps?

Thanks
    ffloyd
    02-21-15 11:34 AM
    03-13-15 10:14 AM
    Hi, thanks for response recently! However, I think I am going to give iOS a try instead.

Apart from the insufficient update space, is there no tool around to clean temporary files or fragments from aborted downloads? File manager does not reveal any corresponding folders, but it has to be somewhere …

ffloyd
    04-12-15 12:05 PM