Well the post says it all, CEO Chen has mentioned that Android is not yet secure as BB10, but with the upcoming AndroidN 'Android' will be as secure as BB10 which makes it even more clear that there would be no more BB10 Devices or updates,

Android is the future of BlackBerry that's the hard truth whether we want to accept it or not even if BlackBerry themselves keep on saying 'we are committed to bb10' just to keep the Hardcore users happy.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ms-of-security

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 11:26 AM
    Android N hardened by BlackBerry that is.

"Chen added that the gap will be closed through a combination of BlackBerry's super-secret project and the impending release of the next version of Google's software, Android 7.0 Nougat."
    07-23-16 11:29 AM
    Android N hardened by BlackBerry that is.

"Chen added that the gap will be closed through a combination of BlackBerry's super-secret project and the impending release of the next version of Google's software, Android 7.0 Nougat."
    So once Android is as secure as bb10, whats the future of bb10?

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    07-23-16 12:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your guess is the same as mine
    07-23-16 12:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    The future of BB10 was already determined either way.
    07-23-16 12:34 PM
    If you carefully read the paper, they are admitting that Android is at the moment less secure than BlackBerry 10. What is more, they are just rolling out Android 6 for the Priv. I cannot understand their strategy

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 12:44 PM
    If you carefully read the paper, they are admitting that Android is at the moment less secure than BlackBerry 10. What is more, they are just rolling out Android 6 for the Priv. I cannot understand their strategy

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has said from launch of the Priv that they will keep BB10 for as long as needed until they can secure Android to the same level.

They are now stating that this will be accomplished in 6 to 8 months.
    07-23-16 01:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    To keep silently make Android their future and keep bb10 users confused with their commitment words.... bb10 users will be busy with 10.3.3 by waiting and believing their words. That's the truth.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and moyah8 like this.
    07-23-16 01:40 PM
    To keep silently make Android their future and keep bb10 users confused with their commitment words.... bb10 users will be busy with 10.3.3 by waiting and believing their words. That's the truth.

Posted via CB10
    Silently?
    Ronindan likes this.
    07-23-16 01:45 PM
    BlackBerry has said from launch of the Priv that they will keep BB10 for as long as needed until they can secure Android to the same level.

They are now stating that this will be accomplished in 6 to 8 months.
    If Android was their Move why didn't they disclosed it when they showed Priv for the first time? Why kept in rumors for month if Priv will be running Android or bb10? Many interviews of chen before the real announcement of Priv he kept denying android as their next phone? Why? Why didn't said that development of bb10 will be slow and android would be our next phone? If Android was their next phone many BlackBerry users wouldn't have bought bb10 phones like leap, classic or passport(like me) would have definitely waited for priv, but if they had announced it before then they wouldn't have sold all those bb10 running devices....

Might be my assumptions are wrong, might me am overreacting but this all indicates of how much we can trust BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and moyah8 like this.
    07-23-16 01:53 PM
    Okay, seems like a strategy.. I'm now using the Priv for a few days and it's hard for me to transit but I'll give it some time.

So this all means that the current Priv and the 3 upcoming devices will be running Android Nougat in the near future?

Also, what is the ETA of nougat anyways?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv 10.3.2
    07-23-16 01:58 PM

Might be my assumptions are wrong, might me am overreacting but this all indicates of how much we can trust BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Well as far as I'm concerned everything is unfolding exactly the way Blackberry has stated it would. Last October they indicated that there would be no new BB10 devices in 2016 and that bb10 would receive two security patches over the next year-and-a-half. They also indicated that bb10 customers would be migrated to secure Android once the same level of security was achieved. Blackberry never shut the door entirely on bb10 as they still had devices to sell.
    07-23-16 02:04 PM
    Okay, seems like a strategy.. I'm now using the Priv for a few days and it's hard for me to transit but I'll give it some time.

So this all means that the current Priv and the 3 upcoming devices will be running Android Nougat in the near future?

Also, what is the ETA of nougat anyways?

Chen indicated that Blackberry hardened nougat would be available in six to eight months from now.
    07-23-16 02:05 PM
    Well as far as I'm concerned everything is unfolding exactly the way Blackberry has stated it would. Last October they indicated that there would be no new BB10 devices in 2016 and that bb10 would receive two security patches over the next year-and-a-half. They also indicated that bb10 customers would be migrated to secure Android once the same level of security was achieved. Blackberry never shut the door entirely on bb10 as they still had devices to sell.
    Why would anyone like to buy bb10 devices now and why BlackBerry wants to clear their old stock running BB10 when they are going android??? Aren't they fooling their loyal customers?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 02:08 PM
    Why would anyone like to buy bb10 devices now and why BlackBerry wants to clear their old stock running BB10 when they are going android??? Aren't they fooling their loyal customers?

Posted via CB10
    There are people that are quite happy with bb10 as it is right now. Existing devices will continue to be supported through two more minor updates. Your bb10 device will continue to work as it always has. I'm not sure what the problem is.
    07-23-16 02:11 PM
    Chen indicated that Blackberry hardened nougat would be available in six to eight months from now.
    So this will be between January and March 2017.. Even tho Nougat is expected to be released in October (at least, that's what i read a few moments ago)

07-23-16 02:14 PM
    There are people that are quite happy with bb10 as it is right now. Existing devices will continue to be supported through two more minor updates. Your bb10 device will continue to work as it always has. I'm not sure what the problem is.
    Well am sure you can never understand the problem, support device without facebook, whatsapps and more apps which have stopped supporting bb10... and yeah now you would say it's wasn't BlackBerry fault,

If BlackBerry had hinted Priv running Android as their next device with more upcoming Android devices me like many wouldn't have invested hard earn money for an os which has no future. No hard feelings but yes every penny counts, I would have waitied for Priv and won't get passport, I bought z10,Q10,z30 and now Passport, if Priv gonna run android I would have waited for it and won't upgrade to passport.

Bb10 had lots of potential and still has but mixing android with bb10 is just lame. Many would be happy with their priv, I respect their opinion but telling Andoid with bb10 skin is better then bb10, no ways.

It's my opinion and don't want to get into any kind of argument, just trying to express my feelings so no hard feelings.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 02:23 PM
    So this will be between January and March 2017.. Even tho Nougat is expected to be released in October (at least, that's what i read a few moments ago)

Yes, but BlackBerry doesn't use vanilla Android. It takes time to do their magic. It took 4 months to get MM done. Same this time.
    07-23-16 02:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Of course they're fooling them. They always have. They told everyone the PlayBook was getting BB10 so they could unload their stock.

Now they're telling people they'll keep supporting BB10 (which they won't) so they can move the rest of the stockpile.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and Mecca EL like this.
    07-23-16 02:28 PM
    Of course they're fooling them. They always have. They told everyone the PlayBook was getting BB10 so they could unload their stock.

Now they're telling people they'll keep supporting BB10 (which they won't) so they can move the rest of the stockpile.

Posted via CB10
    Excatly that's the whole point BlackBerry wants to clear all the devices running bb10 so they keeps on saying ' we are committed to bb10' lolzz.. but their actions says it all,

Priv gets monthly update, 10.3.3 where is it? Where are all the bb10 teams, what kind of commitment is this.??

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 02:33 PM
    Well am sure you can never understand the problem, support device without facebook, whatsapps and more apps which have stopped supporting bb10... and yeah now you would say it's wasn't BlackBerry fault,

If BlackBerry had hinted Priv running Android as their next device with more upcoming Android devices me like many wouldn't have invested hard earn money for an os which has no future. No hard feelings but yes every penny counts, I would have waitied for Priv and won't get passport, I bought z10,Q10,z30 and now Passport, if Priv gonna run android I would have waited for it and won't upgrade to passport.

Bb10 had lots of potential and still has but mixing android with bb10 is just lame. Many would be happy with their priv, I respect their opinion but telling Andoid with bb10 skin is better then bb10, no ways.

It's my opinion and don't want to get into any kind of argument, just trying to express my feelings so no hard feelings.

Posted via CB10
    I understand your disappointment, but I'm fairly certain you knew BlackBerry had been in serious trouble for a while before you bought your Passport. The fact that they are still here and still supporting and updating your device now and into the near future is some consolation I hope.

WhatsApp and Facebook make their own financial decisions. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
    07-23-16 02:34 PM
    I understand your disappointment, but I'm fairly certain you knew BlackBerry had been in serious trouble for a while before you bought your Passport. The fact that they are still here and still supporting and updating your device now and into the near future is some consolation I hope.

WhatsApp and Facebook make their own financial decisions. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
    Surely knew they were in problem but going Android wasn't ever hinted and they kept it denying for months till they oFficially announced it that's what is the most disappointing thing about BlackBerry. And they are still here and updating devices just to clear the old stocks not to benefiting bb10.

Which developer would remain with an OS which is on Ventilation? Chen did an awesome job on software side no denying but hardware wise he just killed it.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    07-23-16 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    what's up Rip?

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    07-23-16 03:08 PM
    I dunno. I get mixed vibes snout with. Cause this was posted at their last Security Hack Summit. In the last box it does list BB10 on there. But that could also mean just the two upcoming updates depending on how you take it.
    Upcoming Android N 'Android' will be as secure as 'BB10' :- said 'Chen'-img_20160722_161324.png

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 03:10 PM
    Surely knew they were in problem but going Android wasn't ever hinted and they kept it denying for months till they oFficially announced it that's what is the most disappointing thing about BlackBerry. And they are still here and updating devices just to clear the old stocks not to benefiting bb10.

Which developer would remain with an OS which is on Ventilation? Chen did an awesome job on software side no denying but hardware wise he just killed it.

Posted via CB10
    Your outrage is outrageous.
    07-23-16 03:58 PM
188 123 ...