I couldn't disagree more. Not everybody has the same idea about what is an Smartphone. What I need is acces to all my files -- bye IPhone --, a robust e-mail management, office, pdf's, good battery life, physical keyboard and a formal looking if possible. No media consumption, no Smart wacht, no fitbit, etc,etc.. A basic phone can't do what I need and unfortunately the market is putting everybody in the same bag. For me, Android is childish and IOS is close. BBOS10 is the perfect balance, I really don't care about those mainstream apps. I suppose I've got a completely different way of using my phone but I'm sure there's more people like me.
    I completely agree. Getting access to an important file at the right high pressure moment is way more important than any app. The only one I need on my bb10 is Uber and I've got that going just fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 12:33 AM
    I completely agree. Getting access to an important file at the right high pressure moment is way more important than any app. The only one I need on my bb10 is Uber and I've got that going just fine.

Posted via CB10
    On BlackBerry Android, you can set your file manager as one of the three swipe up gestures (I have). You can then access your files from anywhere (within other apps, or at any time at all) with a quick gesture.
    09-26-16 06:15 AM
    On BlackBerry Android, you can set your file manager as one of the three swipe up gestures (I have). You can then access your files from anywhere (within other apps, or at any time at all) with a quick gesture.
    Did you install File Manager from Google Play store?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 02:29 PM
    Did you install File Manager from Google Play store?

Posted via CB10
    I use Solid Explorer, but there are, of course, many options. It's capabilities make the BB10 File Manager feel amateurish.
    09-26-16 02:39 PM
    I use Solid Explorer, but there are, of course, many options. It's capabilities make the BB10 File Manager feel amateurish.
    Thanks

I would rather go with the build-in-aateurish file manager of bb10 then to install File Manager from Google

Posted via CB10
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    09-27-16 01:04 AM
    Whatever. I double posted. Jerk.

Posted via CB10
    Lol sorry! It was meant to be a DOS joke.

*C5303
    09-27-16 03:59 AM
    Thanks

I would rather go with the build-in-aateurish file manager of bb10 then to install File Manager from Google

Posted via CB10
    Android does have a built in file explorer. It's just buried in the settings. See my screenshots below :

southlander likes this.
    09-27-16 01:07 PM
    Last I used Android file manager it was an adventure. Not quick or intuitive. Agree it exists but BB ability to pull files off of a remote PC is awesome.
    09-27-16 11:24 PM
    BB ability to pull files off of a remote PC is awesome.
    There is nothing unusual about that.

It is not automatic, as you need to run BlackBerry Link on the computer, which essentially acts as a server.

There are many client/server combinations on Android that will perform the same way. Or you can set up an ftp server on your windows box (without ANY 3rd party software) and access it remotely.
    southlander likes this.
    09-27-16 11:33 PM
    There is nothing unusual about that.

It is not automatic, as you need to run BlackBerry Link on the computer, which essentially acts as a server.

There are many client/server combinations on Android that will perform the same way. Or you can set up an ftp server on your windows box (without ANY 3rd party software) and access it remotely.
    Sounds like stuff I would love to spend three hours on a Sunday figuring out. With BB10 it just works. How boring!
    09-28-16 03:54 PM
    Sounds like stuff I would love to spend three hours on a Sunday figuring out. With BB10 it just works. How boring!
    There were countless horror stories about getting Link and/or RFA to work properly too.

http://m.windowscentral.com/how-set-...ver-windows-10
    09-28-16 03:59 PM
    There were countless horror stories about getting Link and/or RFA to work properly too.
    BlackBerry is dead and there is life outside BlackBerry. Let the Dead be in Peace.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 04:04 PM
    BlackBerry is dead and there is life outside BlackBerry. Let the Dead be in Peace.

Posted via CB10
    I liked the news today. It basically was a realistic roadmap forward for future devices. I'm looking forward to the DTEK60 myself. Partnerships and outsourcing is the way to go - otherwise they price themselves out of the market and continue to take big losses on devices.

I know it's not their primary line of business, but it's the one I care about most.
    fanBBRY likes this.
    09-28-16 04:08 PM
188 ... 678