I would love nothing more than BB10 and devices like the Passport to continue...but the public and app developers don't agree

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 08:20 PM
    If Chen hadn't come along there wouldn't be anything Blackberry to talk about today....it would all be dead and gone without him...

Posted via CB10
    So, are you saying that this switch in Business Philosophy was John Chen's idea. I tend to believe that John Chen's hiring was a result of a philosophy already adapted. And he was hired to do what's being done as simply the next phase of the plan. His previous experiences with this type of transition is why he was chosen, but I don't believe he was the Architect of the vision. But I also believe that the internal struggles between those within RIM cause the issues to begin with. So what helped BlackBerry the most was a unified purpose, that's what got the pumps working to slow the sinking of the ship. But the chart was plotted before he took the helm. So let's see were this course takes BlackBerry.

A BlackBerry Fan
    Last edited by KNEBB; 09-13-16 at 10:43 AM.
    09-13-16 10:27 AM
    If Chen hadn't come along there wouldn't be anything Blackberry to talk about today....it would all be dead and gone without him...

Posted via CB10
    Not a single other person could have taken over as CEO and kept Blackberry from being "dead and gone"?
    09-14-16 03:51 PM
    Ppl are still buying other androids and apple lol...just because they went android it won't change lol now they will lose the remaining fans lol...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 08:58 AM
    Not a single other person could have taken over as CEO and kept Blackberry from being "dead and gone"?
    Not quite. He got a ton of debt from Prem Watsa. Then he sold off everything not bolted down (and some things that were). Then he bought some small companies to make it look like software revenue was improving.

He invested no money in marketing the legacy OS.

Any CEO could have done this.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 11:33 PM
    Not quite. He got a ton of debt from Prem Watsa. Then he sold off everything not bolted down (and some things that were). Then he bought some small companies to make it look like software revenue was improving.

He invested no money in marketing the legacy OS.

Any CEO could have done this.

Posted via CB10
    Chen doesn't know anything about Marketing.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 03:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Delete

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 03:17 AM
    Delete

Posted via CB10
    Ignore.

*C5303
    09-25-16 04:36 AM
    I value my privacy, but don't mind being "tracked by Google".

There are people and institutions in my life to whom I provide personal information, but I deem it acceptable for what I get in return.

A doctor that knows my personal history makes better diagnoses. A financial advisor gives better advice when he knows about all of my investments. Google Now provides better content when it monitors my behaviour.

Doctors, banks, and Google make money from me, but I get something in return.

It bothers me that some suggest I don't value my privacy when I " submit" to Google. I value my privacy very much, and have carefully weighed the value I obtain for providing my information to select people or organisations that I trust.
    These are the same people sideloading, patching and cobalting their BB10 devices to get apps to barely work for them. You would think people who value their privacy and security wouldn't be using hacks provided online by people they don't even know.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-16 09:05 AM
    These are the same people sideloading, patching and cobalting their BB10 devices to get apps to barely work for them. You would think people who value their privacy and security wouldn't be using hacks provided online by people they don't even know.

Not everyone who prefers BB10 does so because of the privacy and security issues. There are people who would gladly use all of the Google apps tracking and all if they could use them on a BB10 device, but don't want to use an Android device.

You can rarely ever assume everyone who is a customer of a particular company is so for only one reason.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-25-16 11:17 AM
    Not everyone who prefers BB10 does so because of the privacy and security issues. There are people who would gladly use all of the Google apps tracking and all if they could use them on a BB10 device, but don't want to use an Android device.

You can rarely ever assume everyone who is a customer of a particular company is so for only one reason.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I'm not assuming anything. This forums is riddled with claims that apps aren't necessary ( especially those evil spying type apps) and yet the same amount if not more of threads asking how to get certain apps to work.

09-25-16 12:16 PM
    Basically if you don't need apps save your money and buy a basic plain flip phone.
    Like it or not your smartphone is a convergence of technology and it doesn't play nice with the dominant ecosystems iOS or Android it is severely limited in its use.
    Sure BB10 runs many apps, but most of them are ports of the Android version (so functionally limited out of date and not official) or actual Android versions acquired through the Amazon app store (typically severely out of date and glitchy) or if you jump through some hoops you can sideload Snap or Cobalt's PlayStore and get access to some more apps (often glitchy, slow and many non-working).
    Point is if you want to take advantage of every a modern smartphone can do (control your tv, chromecast, your home thermostat, security camera, car, smart watch, Fitbit, watch Netflix, connect to your VPN, use fully functional banking apps, Facebook, Uber, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Etc. Etc. ) and you want to be able to do it out of the box and be able to get the most updated version, then BB10 is not the answer and it will continually get worse.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 01:25 PM
    I couldn't disagree more. Not everybody has the same idea about what is an Smartphone. What I need is acces to all my files -- bye IPhone --, a robust e-mail management, office, pdf's, good battery life, physical keyboard and a formal looking if possible. No media consumption, no Smart wacht, no fitbit, etc,etc.. A basic phone can't do what I need and unfortunately the market is putting everybody in the same bag. For me, Android is childish and IOS is close. BBOS10 is the perfect balance, I really don't care about those mainstream apps. I suppose I've got a completely different way of using my phone but I'm sure there's more people like me.
    09-25-16 02:06 PM
    For me, Android is childish.
    Good grief.
    Ronindan and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    09-25-16 02:16 PM
    That's my wife says pretty often to me. I wonder what it means -- spaniard here -- :-)
    09-25-16 02:25 PM
    I'm not assuming anything. This forums is riddled with claims that apps aren't necessary ( especially those evil spying type apps) and yet the same amount if not more of threads asking how to get certain apps to work.

But those are from different people. If there is one thing that is true about CrackBerry it is that it does speak in one voice or represent one opinion.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-25-16 02:54 PM
    But those are from different people. If there is one thing that is true about CrackBerry it is that it does speak in one voice or represent one opinion.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Believe me, i genuinely feel for the people who like BB10 for what it is. And i truly think BlackBerry has mishandled the whole situation. I'm talking about the many who claim one thing (security, apps not important) then hypocritically hack and bypass with anything they can find online.

09-25-16 03:31 PM
    Believe me, i genuinely feel for the people who like BB10 for what it is. And i truly think BlackBerry has mishandled the whole situation. I'm talking about the many who claim one thing (security, apps not important) then hypocritically hack and bypass with anything they can find online.

The number that actually claim BlackBerry is more secure, and then go on to use the hacks to run Android programmes is quite small.

On the other hand you can't install any Android applications regardless of the source without going past the warning screen (attached). The hacking you are talking about is to run software that will not otherwise work with the replacements that BlackBerry provides, not to bypass security.

You must also remember that the word security is very broad. It means different different things to different people. A significant number of BlackBerry users are now using BlackBerry phones that can run these same programmes without hacks and believe that their Privs and Dteck50s are secure enough for them. Are they hypocrites too?

Upcoming Android N 'Android' will be as secure as 'BB10' :- said 'Chen'-img_20160925_183159.png

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-25-16 05:41 PM
    The number that actually claim BlackBerry is more secure, and then go on to use the hacks to run Android programmes is quite small.

On the other hand you can't install any Android applications regardless of the source without going past the warning screen (attached). The hacking you are talking about is to run software that will not otherwise work with the replacements that BlackBerry provides, not to bypass security.

You must also remember that the word security is very broad. It means different different things to different people. A significant number of BlackBerry users are now using BlackBerry phones that can run these same programmes without hacks and believe that their Privs and Dteck50s are secure enough for them. Are they hypocrites too?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160925_183159.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	409009

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    No they aren't hypocrites. The hypocrites are those who don't want to "give in to the google machine" but will download stuff provided by some guy online onto their devices is what i was saying. And there are plenty of them on here.

09-25-16 06:24 PM
    No they aren't hypocrites. The hypocrites are those who don't want to "give in to the google machine" but will download stuff provided by some guy online onto their devices is what i was saying. And there are plenty of them on here.

So the hypocrisy you are talking about has nothing to do with security, and is instead based on the licensing of the intellectual property. I would agree with that.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-25-16 08:53 PM
    BlackBerry has said from launch of the Priv that they will keep BB10 for as long as needed until they can secure Android to the same level.

They are now stating that this will be accomplished in 6 to 8 months.
    What's crazy...is they have actually been correct on their time lines as of late...lets see if this one holds true
    09-25-16 09:41 PM

Chance of getting data mined by google when running a google OS? 100%?

Chance of some guy's BB10 workaround being the cause of similar? Less than 100%?
    09-25-16 10:02 PM
    Chance of anything bad actually happening as a result of targeted advertising, 0.000001%.

Chance of benefiting from targeted services and, yes, even ads, 99.99999%.
    09-25-16 10:05 PM

Chance of some guy's BB10 workaround being the cause of similar? Less than 100%?
    Really? Because you know who that guy is and what his files you load on to your device are doing?

09-25-16 11:20 PM
    Ignore.

*C5303
    Whatever. I double posted. Jerk.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 12:31 AM
188 ... 5678