�- enterprise BB10 users will be migrated to hardened Android when the latter becomes as secure as BB10 �

Here is where many are blinded. Just how is BlackBerry going to migrate enterprise BlackBerry 10 users? Are they offering to purchase existing stock already in use!????? Right!

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    Nah, it means that their upgrade path/refresh cycle (whenever an enterprise chooses to exercise it) will be to Android.

No need to throw existing stock away. Just keep using it until it's time to toss them out.
    08-15-16 01:47 AM
    Nah, it means that their upgrade path/refresh cycle (whenever an enterprise chooses to exercise it) will be to Android.

No need to throw existing stock away. Just keep using it until it's time to toss them out.
    They are going to fail in magnificent fashion. If they want people to migrate from BB10 they should not stop supporting Blend while they are still filling out their Android products.

Also, how well did prior management get people to migrate from BBOS to BB10? I can't imagine Chen doing any better while spending nearly no money marketing and even BB10 users thinking the company is out of business.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 02:05 AM
    Android and security 😁😀😂
    08-15-16 04:59 AM
    They are going to fail in magnificent fashion. If they want people to migrate from BB10 they should not stop supporting Blend while they are still filling out their Android products.

Also, how well did prior management get people to migrate from BBOS to BB10? I can't imagine Chen doing any better while spending nearly no money marketing and even BB10 users thinking the company is out of business.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know any enterprises that use Blend. Punching a hole through your firewall to allow direct access to a desktop is a DLP nightmare.

I think it's going to be a lot easier to sell BB Android than sell an OS which was never going to have market success.

The people in that market space already have some marketing (trade rags) and sales or technical reps that keep in touch.

The way they approach the consumer space has little bearing on this.
    08-15-16 06:05 AM
    Who cares what John the Joker says. He speaks out of his tuchus
    08-15-16 06:44 AM
    �- enterprise BB10 users will be migrated to hardened Android when the latter becomes as secure as BB10 �

Here is where many are blinded. Just how is BlackBerry going to migrate enterprise BlackBerry 10 users? Are they offering to purchase existing stock already in use!????? Right!

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    The other place many are blinded is on who gets to decide when "hardened Android" is as secure as BB10. If you accept that plain Android isn't, then the evidence suggests that BlackBerry's version of Android isn't either since CVE for CVE they share vulnerabilities. When Google publishes a patch list and BlackBerry can say "our version of Android isn't vulnerable to these" I will start considering hardened Android worth looking at.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-15-16 06:59 AM
    The other place many are blinded is on who gets to decide when "hardened Android" is as secure as BB10. If you accept that plain Android isn't, then the evidence suggests that BlackBerry's version of Android isn't either since CVE for CVE they share vulnerabilities. When Google publishes a patch list and BlackBerry can say "our version of Android isn't vulnerable to these" I will start considering hardened Android worth looking at.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I have a feeling that hardened Android will be as secure as BB10 right around the time Chen sells the remainder of the BB10 inventory.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 07:59 AM
    They might have something beyond/better than Blend in the near future.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    08-15-16 01:46 PM
    They should make available an android N update to all BlackBerry 10 devices. RIP

Posted via The Classic
    08-15-16 02:35 PM
    They should make available an android N update to all BlackBerry 10 devices. RIP

Posted via The Classic
    Lol.
    08-15-16 02:40 PM

Posted via The Classic
    Maybe that's the super secret project!

/dream

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-15-16 04:17 PM
    Solution, sell your BB10 ASAP for whatever price you can get with is better than having a paperweight in a few months.

Then choose between either iOS or Android, NSA spy devices, problem solved!
    08-16-16 09:37 PM
    End of life

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 11:41 AM
    Solution, sell your BB10 ASAP for whatever price you can get with is better than having a paperweight in a few months.

Then choose between either iOS or Android, NSA spy devices, problem solved!
    Ubuntu Phone?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv 10.3.2
    08-29-16 11:29 AM
    Ubuntu Phone?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv 10.3.2
    Ubuntu development is really slow both on desktop and mobile. I'll keep using classic until whatsapp is working as all my friends are there. Will use android version if it's good enough.

Posted via The Classic
    09-12-16 02:50 AM
    Chen should have been kicked out for abandoning BB10!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 10:11 AM
    They also indicated that bb10 customers would be migrated to secure Android once the same level of security was achieved.
    So when you say migrated to secure Android how do you suppose they will do this?
    Send a massive update to my Passport that will change the os? Brick my Passport to force me to migrate?
    Chen will 😣 off a whole bunch of people.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    Last edited by mrlahjr; 09-12-16 at 10:55 AM.
    09-12-16 10:14 AM
    So when you say migrated to secure Android how do you suppose they will do this?
    Send a massive update to my Passport that will change the os? Brick my Passport to force me to migrate?
    Chen will �� off a whole bunch of people.
    Like every other smartphone migration, it happens when the old phones are due for replacement and the company decides to buy new devices. It doesn't mean making any changes to existing devices. Your Passport was sold to you as a BB10 phone, and a BB10 phone it will remain.
    09-12-16 11:23 AM
    The future of BB10 was already determined either way.
    That it was. And I must say I love seeing your comments all over here. Much respect. So in terms of how they harden with these components we should see it as a much improvement over Marshmallow?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 11:27 AM
    Here a question I like to know : is BlackBerry10 as secure as it once was, or have changes or future charges to the OS make it less secure?
    And if that be the case, then could Mr.Chen statement be a self- fulfilling prophecy.

A BlackBerry Fan
    09-12-16 11:40 AM
    Here a question I like to know : is BlackBerry10 as secure as it once was, or have changes or future charges to the OS make it less secure?
    And if that be the case, then could Mr.Chen statement be a self- fulfilling prophecy.

A BlackBerry Fan
    I don't think the one man dev team can really correct all of the vulnerabilities that have been reported over the years, but then again I don't think many have been directly investigating BB10 itself due to lack of impact (moreso bugs in libraries like OpenSSL that can be translated into the libraries that BlackBerry uses).

Furthermore, if regular updates to provide security patches is a part of security, then BB10 fell as flat as Saskatchewan well before its current limbo between life and death, thanks to the rarity of updates even amongst the best (i.e. not American) of carriers.
    09-12-16 12:01 PM
    I don't think the one man dev team can really correct all of the vulnerabilities that have been reported over the years, but then again I don't think many have been directly investigating BB10 itself due to lack of impact (moreso bugs in libraries like OpenSSL that can be translated into the libraries that BlackBerry uses).

[Snip]
    True, but your example is not the best. BB10 doesn't use OpenSSL. It is available on the device for developers who want to use it, but I don't know why anyone would given the alternative Certicom cryptographic kernel, which is even compatible with the OpenSSL ABI so you can use the OpenSSL API for source code compatibility but use the Certicom cryptographic kernel.

A better example would be some of the libraries supporting the ART.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-12-16 01:04 PM

Furthermore, if regular updates to provide security patches is a part of security, then BB10 fell as flat as Saskatchewan well before its current limbo between life and death, thanks to the rarity of updates even amongst the best (i.e. not American) of carriers.
    That being said ; it stands to reason that if the support that maintains the security aspect of an OS is stripped away, then eventually it's functionality is also diminished. Not because the newer version is inherently securer by nature, but BB10 won't have been brought as far up to date as it could have been.

So that's why Mr. Chen's statement is a self-fulfilling prophecy and not difficult for him to determine.

A BlackBerry Fan
    09-12-16 01:07 PM
    Security is an always-moving target that requires constant research and development to maintain - because the Internet and the app environment are constantly evolving, and new attacks and exploits are constantly being discovered - even in very old code that was thought by everyone to be secure. That's just how it is when you have several million lines of code to manage.

Security is one of the big reasons that on-going development is so critical for an OS (and for apps and services too!). You're never going to get to a point where you can say "okay, this is now secure, and I don't need to work on it anymore."
    09-12-16 07:57 PM
    If Chen hadn't come along there wouldn't be anything Blackberry to talk about today....it would all be dead and gone without him...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 08:18 PM
188 ... 45678