Yes! I realized of it few minutes ago when sent a msg to a friend and suddenly the old chat was shown!
    Thanks anyway!

 Unlocked BlackBerry Passport AT&T on 10.3.3.3057 
    Same here.
    Also a piece of advice which some might find useful.
    WhatsFixer might not seem to work if there are many (or rather / very large) media files in your WhatsApp folder on the SD card after exporting chats and media with the BB10 app (this is the folder we move on to the internal memory manually before activating the Android WA client).
    This is because it will take a long time for WhatsFixer to move the WhatsApp media files off the internal memory on to the SD card.
    The fix (symlink) will not be applied until all media has actually been moved.
    This happened to me only last night. WhatsFixer worked beautifully on my wife's Passport and after it had finished it showed 'Done'. This was never shown on my Passport even after rebooting, uninstalling / reinstalling both WhatsApp and WhatsFixer etc. WhatsFixer would never go to the 'Done' screen. Of course upon opening WA and trying to send media files it consistently failed. I had given WhatsFixer five, ten minutes, to no avail.
    WhatsFixer had seemed to freeze but in fact the fix had never been applied because the media files had never been moved completely, of course I did not know that at that point as I expected WhatsFixer to terminate in less than five minutes...
    I decided to apply the fix manually in case I could notice something weird going on and followed the instructions in the CrackBerry post which there is a link for on the third WhatsFixer screen. I then realised the process involved the move which did take some time (2.2GB in my case).
    I have not tried WhatsFixer on my Passport again because since I applied the fix manually (symlink) I can still send photos.
    12-29-17 05:15 AM
    Can you be more specific about which folder you moved to on the internal memory? I take it you did the move after installing the Android version but before opening it and adding your phone number.
    12-31-17 12:56 AM
    Just installed BB10 version in order to see what happens

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 09:29 AM
    I have run the process, uninstall BB version, install Android version, shut down Android version in Device Monitor, and then tried to run WhatsFixer. It is stuck on the "Done" screen with the button grayed out. It has been running for over 20 minutes with no change. Also, WhatsApp is down, so you can't even register the new Android install...good timing.
    12-31-17 02:05 PM
    Whatsapp still working or not?!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 09:12 PM
    Happy New Year guys.....

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 09:48 PM
    Yes mine did also the same. I made a restart and after whatsapp apk worked fine!!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 01:54 AM
    Yes mine did also the same. I made a restart and after whatsapp apk worked fine!!

Posted via CB10
    It will work for two more weeks ("grace period").
    01-01-18 09:46 AM
    It will work for two more weeks ("grace period").
    I believe the user is talking about the Android version, in which case the two week limit wouldn't apply.
    01-01-18 10:50 AM
    I believe the user is talking about the Android version, in which case the two week limit wouldn't apply.
    My bad.
    01-01-18 10:54 AM
    If Done is greyed out then the process has ended and all should be well.
    hennesseystealth likes this.
    01-02-18 05:38 AM
    That seems backwards since the Done button doesn't allow you to click it when it is gray. Normally, gray means not available and when it is black (or another non-gray color), it is active. BUT, I can send media so you must be right. Thanks.

P.S. I still can't get any help on how to have the Android export seen by the Android version. So, I can't recover my old conversations. Do I need to move the file or do something that isn't obvious?
    01-02-18 01:00 PM
    01-02-18 05:25 PM
    OK, I moved the Andriod export file to the device/misc/Android/Whatsapp folder and uninstalled the Android version. That left two folders in that directory (Media and Databases). I didn't delete those nor the device/misc/whatsapp folder. When I did a reinstall, I did not receive the message asking to restore previous conversations. Do I need to delete those additional folders?

P.S. Tried again after deleting the device/misc/Android/Whatsapp folder. Still didn't ask for the retrieve when reinstalling.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 01-02-18 at 06:36 PM.
    01-02-18 06:02 PM
    Finally figured it out. Here is the exact procedure. 1) Create the Android export from the BB10 version. It will go into the directory Media Card/Whatsapp/Databases. It will also create a folder Media Card/Whatsapp/Media. 2) Take the entire Whatsapp folder and copy or move it to Device/misc/android/. 3) Uninstall Whatsapp BB version. 4) Install Whatsapp Android version BUT DO NOT OPEN IT. 5) Run WhatsFixer. 6) Open and register Whatsapp Android version.
    Luciano GC and Venicing like this.
    01-02-18 10:53 PM
    Finally figured it out. Here is the exact procedure. 1) Create the Android export from the BB10 version. It will go into the directory Media Card/Whatsapp/Databases. It will also create a folder Media Card/Whatsapp/Media. 2) Take the entire Whatsapp folder and copy or move it to Device/misc/android/. 3) Uninstall Whatsapp BB version. 4) Install Whatsapp Android version BUT DO NOT OPEN IT. 5) Run WhatsFixer. 6) Open and register Whatsapp Android version.
    Excellent solution!, Thanks a lot for helping us!

Once you finished the process and reactivated Android WhatsApp version, could you recover your previous conversations (I mean from Android export option -msgstore.db.crypt8-) ?

Did it work well ?...Did you try renaming "msgstore.db.crypt8" to "msgstore.db.crypt12" to taste if previous conversations appears in the APK WhatsApp version ?, or you didn't rename it ?

Thanks a lot again!
    01-12-18 03:37 PM
    Excellent solution!, Thanks a lot for helping us!

Once you finished the process and reactivated Android WhatsApp version, could you recover your previous conversations (I mean from Android export option -msgstore.db.crypt8-) ?

Did it work well ?...Did you try renaming "msgstore.db.crypt8" to "msgstore.db.crypt12" to taste if previous conversations appears in the APK WhatsApp version ?, or you didn't rename it ?

Thanks a lot again!
    The conversations come back when a contact sends you a WhatsApp message. I didn't test if I sent a message out if they come back. I did not have to change the name of the Android export database as crypt8 worked.

I do have an update to the process if you happen to have large number of media files. I found that WhatsFixer would never finish. I even let it run for a full day. Here is the updated process just in case your media files are too large.

1) Copy Android export folder to device/misc/android 2) uninstall BB10 WhatsApp (not sure it matters when you do this) 3) Delete the media folder inside device/misc/android/whatsapp 4) Install Android version of whatsapp but DO NOT RUN it 5) Run WhatsFixer 6) copy the media folder from the Android export folder on the SD card to device/misc/android/whatsapp 7) Run Whatsapp and let it restore your conversations.
    Luciano GC and iled like this.
    01-12-18 03:48 PM
    The conversations come back when a contact sends you a WhatsApp message. I didn't test if I sent a message out if they come back. I did not have to change the name of the Android export database as crypt8 worked.

I do have an update to the process if you happen to have large number of media files. I found that WhatsFixer would never finish. I even let it run for a full day. Here is the updated process just in case your media files are too large.

1) Copy Android export folder to device/misc/android 2) uninstall BB10 WhatsApp (not sure it matters when you do this) 3) Delete the media folder inside device/misc/android/whatsapp 4) Install Android version of whatsapp but DO NOT RUN it 5) Run WhatsFixer 6) copy the media folder from the Android export folder on the SD card to device/misc/android/whatsapp 7) Run Whatsapp and let it restore your conversations.
    Perfect!,

So, when you received a message from some of your contacts, all your exported conversations appeared again ?...

Many Thanks!
    01-12-18 03:58 PM
    Perfect!,

So, when you received a message from some of your contacts, all your exported conversations appeared again ?...

Many Thanks!
    Yes, 100%. Including the media files they and I previously sent.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-12-18 04:05 PM
    Yes, 100%. Including the media files they and I previously sent.
    Excellent news!!, really, you're a Genius!

I will do it and then, I let you know,

Many thanks for your kindly help!
    01-12-18 04:08 PM
    Excellent news!!, really, you're a Genius!

I will do it and then, I let you know,

Many thanks for your kindly help!
    I can't claim credit for the procedure. All I did was find bits a pieces that others had already put together and added them up. The biggest part was getting the directory structure right.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-12-18 04:41 PM
    So I have the Android version installed but I messed up with the procedure of fixer.
    So now I want to delete and re install. But how does the Android version back up chat history? And how will I be able to restore it?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    01-12-18 07:45 PM
    So I have the Android version installed but I messed up with the procedure of fixer.
    So now I want to delete and re install. But how does the Android version back up chat history? And how will I be able to restore it?

What's wrong with how the fix was created?

Are there any backups in the Media Card/Android/WhatsApp folder? I don't know if they'll work though so create a email backup of any important chats first just in case.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/23756533
    01-12-18 07:51 PM
    What's wrong with how the fix was created?

Are there any backups in the Media Card/Android/WhatsApp folder? I don't know if they'll work though so create a email backup of any important chats first just in case.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/23756533
    No issues with backup.
    Just didn't follow the steps to fix WhatsApp.
    Now deleted and re installed.
    Following the correct procedure but Fixer seems stuck at the Run Script page. And the Done button is greyed out.

01-12-18 08:19 PM
    I can't claim credit for the procedure. All I did was find bits a pieces that others had already put together and added them up. The biggest part was getting the directory structure right.
    Well, this is my situation:
    Currently, I'm using the native BB10 WhatsApp version with my personal number and in the same device I also have the APK Android WhatsApp version installed with my mom's number (only for testing purpose). I often send messages between both versions and everything works great (including images, videos, voice messages and voice calls).
    Yesterdey, I did the export Android backUp (I exported only the messages, -62 MB-). It tooks a while, but it finished successfully.

So, after I have read the entire post and when the native BB10 WhatsApp version finally shutting down, I'm planning to follow this steps:

Step 1:
    I will uninstall the APK Android version and I will delete all the data inside the "Databases" and "Media" folders. But, I will keep the WhatsApp original structure directory:
    -->Device/misc/android/whatsapp
    -->Databases
    -->Media
    -->WhatsApp Voice Notes
    -->WhatsApp Images
    -->WhatsApp Documents
    -->WhatsApp Video
    -->WhatsApp Audio
    -->WhatsApp Animated Gifs
    -->WhatsApp Profile Photos
    -->WhatsApp Wallpaper

Step 2:
    I will move the latest export Android Backup ("msgstore.db.crypt8") saved in "SD Card/WhatsApp/Databases" to the "Device/misc/android/whatsapp/Databases" folder.

Step 3:
    I will reinstall the latest APK Android WhatsApp version. I don't need to run WhatsFixer, because, when I installed the APK Android version -to taste it with my mom's number- I did the manual configuration instead it (following this very good instructions: "Finally the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem solved": https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/).

Step 4:
    I will register my number and when it ask me to restore my conversations I will do that.

Step 5:
    Finally, I will send a message to a contact to be able to see all my conversations again.

So, that's all!...When the time comes, I hope it will works!
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-13-18 at 08:10 AM.
    01-12-18 09:07 PM
177 ... 5678