Have you moved your backup to the correct folder?

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/...245251#restore

Assuming you did, if you tap outside of the Google Drive message does the app detect your local backups?
    I exported the DB using the native option but don't know where was located in the mobile. Or can I rename the backup made but the native one at 4am as usual does everyday

 Unlocked BlackBerry Passport AT&T on 10.3.3.3057 
    12-17-17 01:17 AM
    I exported the DB using the native option but don't know where was located in the mobile. Or can I rename the backup made but the native one at 4am as usual does everyday

Did you specifically export an Android backup or are you using the native WhatsApp backup from the misc/whatsapp/backup folder? If it's the latter it won't work, WhatsApp backups aren't compatible across platforms.
    12-17-17 10:44 AM
    Did you specifically export an Android backup or are you using the native WhatsApp backup from the misc/whatsapp/backup folder? If it's the latter it won't work, WhatsApp backups aren't compatible across platforms.
    I have both, the one in misc/whatsapp/backup and the other one (don't know where it's gone) using the option to export...
    12-17-17 11:02 AM
    I have both, the one in misc/whatsapp/backup and the other one (don't know where it's gone) using the option to export...
    Seems it should be on the SD card somewhere,

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ackup-1047702/
    12-17-17 11:27 AM
    Seems it should be on the SD card somewhere,

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ackup-1047702/
    the question is.... where is the new back up? it doesn't say anything where is located
    12-17-17 11:41 AM
    the question is.... where is the new back up? it doesn't say anything where is located
    Do you see a WhatsApp folder anywhere on the SD card? Can you also do a search on the SD card for terms like "msgstore" or "crypt"?
    12-17-17 12:23 PM
    Do you see a WhatsApp folder anywhere on the SD card? Can you also do a search on the SD card for terms like "msgstore" or "crypt"?
    folder yes, but nothing like you mention
    12-17-17 12:47 PM
    folder yes, but nothing like you mention
    How about on the internal device storage? I assume WhatsApp also has permission to access Shared Files?
    12-17-17 01:36 PM
    How about on the internal device storage? I assume WhatsApp also has permission to access Shared Files?
    No! I give up
    12-17-17 01:50 PM
    Now I can send videos with no problem, I have changed the SD card

Posted via CB10
    12-17-17 02:12 PM
    No! I give up
    Hmm, strange. Maybe @dkonigsberg_wa or someone who has completed the transfer process recently can chime in.

I've switched over to the Android app, otherwise I would have tried looking as well.
    12-17-17 02:22 PM
    The "Export to Android" process will create a "WhatsApp" folder on the SD card, that looks very similar in structure to the "WhatsApp" folder than the Android app normally creates on an Android phone's shared storage area. If you take this folder and copy it into the appropriate place on an Android phone (or for the BB10 Android runtime), the app should pick it up as a local backup.

The fact that so many of you have trouble figuring out how to copy files/folders around is unfortunately the reason we've never done something like this as an official feature. Building and testing all the infrastructure surrounding fool-proof cross-device mass file transfer is significantly more work than simply writing something that can convert the message database files.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    12-18-17 11:25 AM
    The "Export to Android" process will create a "WhatsApp" folder on the SD card, that looks very similar in structure to the "WhatsApp" folder than the Android app normally creates on an Android phone's shared storage area. If you take this folder and copy it into the appropriate place on an Android phone (or for the BB10 Android runtime), the app should pick it up as a local backup.

The fact that so many of you have trouble figuring out how to copy files/folders around is unfortunately the reason we've never done something like this as an official feature. Building and testing all the infrastructure surrounding fool-proof cross-device mass file transfer is significantly more work than simply writing something that can convert the message database files.
    What is the correct appropriate place for a BB10 phone for the Android Runtime to pick it up?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    12-18-17 11:27 AM
    What is the correct appropriate place for a BB10 phone for the Android Runtime to pick it up?

The equivalent of a real Android phone's "shared storage area" on a BB10 device is:
    "Device/misc/android"

So basically you need to move/copy:
    "sdcard/WhatsApp" -> "Device/misc/android/WhatsApp"

Of course this feature hasn't been tested in a while, so there's no guarantee that it'll still work without issues.
    Invictus0 and iled like this.
    12-18-17 11:31 AM
    The equivalent of a real Android phone's "shared storage area" on a BB10 device is:
    "Device/misc/android"

Of course this feature hasn't been tested in a while, so there's no guarantee that it'll still work without issues.
    Thanks for your help and reply!

12-18-17 11:41 AM
    "Device/misc/android"

An off the topic question, when did you realise BB10 was done?

12-18-17 11:42 AM
    Awesome! Hope @Mauri5io sees these posts and can report back if it still works.
    12-18-17 12:08 PM
    Awesome! Hope @Mauri5io sees these posts and can report back if it still works.
    I checked but nothing was created, I don't understand! it said it was succesful but the strange thing the "cancel" button was there, but back up was finished... I think I have to re install the native app again and try again and then the android one pfff
    Thanks you!
    12-19-17 01:44 PM
    I checked but nothing was created, I don't understand! it said it was succesful but the strange thing the "cancel" button was there, but back up was finished... I think I have to re install the native app again and try again and then the android one pfff
    Thanks you!
    Can you go to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permissions -> WhatsApp and see if Shared Files is enabled?
    12-19-17 01:47 PM
    Can you go to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permissions -> WhatsApp and see if Shared Files is enabled?
    OK, I was doing something wrong and could restore the back up now.... but.... can't see the chats in the main window, is empty hahahaha (not good)
    suggestions?

PS: I installed the WA from the site instead of the playstore.... also, can I install the latest beta from apkmirror? or only from the official site, thanks.!
    Attached Thumbnails [Unsubstantiated Rumor] Native whatsapp extended to 2k19-img_20171221_122146.jpg   [Unsubstantiated Rumor] Native whatsapp extended to 2k19-img_20171221_122203.jpg  
    Last edited by Mauri5io; 12-21-17 at 06:01 AM.
    12-21-17 05:31 AM
    OK, I was doing something wrong and could restore the back up now.... but.... can't see the chats in the main window, is empty hahahaha (not good)
    suggestions?

PS: I installed the WA from the site instead of the playstore.... also, can I install the latest beta from apkmirror? or only from the official site, thanks.!
    I'd stick to the version from their website.

Does this happen with every backup file you have?
    12-21-17 09:56 AM
    I'd stick to the version from their website.

Does this happen with every backup file you have?
    I only had the last backup I did before converting it! The old ones were deleted

12-21-17 10:14 AM
    I only had the last backup I did before converting it! The old ones were deleted

Can you delete that backup as well and try creating a new one?

If it still doesn't work after that I guess it may have broke in a recent update as @dkonigsberg_wa mentioned. In that case I think the best you can do is manually backup your chats by exporting a text file.
    12-21-17 10:37 AM
    suggestions?
    After I did import the converted backup, initially there were no chats visibe, only active groups. But the chats are all there. Just search the name of the contact or group and you will see the chats. You can also select a contact and write a message. Then you will see previous conversations.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    12-21-17 01:45 PM
    After I did import the converted backup, initially there were no chats visibe, only active groups. But the chats are all there. Just search the name of the contact or group and you will see the chats. You can also select a contact and write a message. Then you will see previous conversations.
    Yes! I realized of it few minutes ago when sent a msg to a friend and suddenly the old chat was shown!
    Thanks anyway!

12-21-17 02:00 PM
177 ... 45678