An 'update' is available for all those BB10 users who have been left high and dry. It's called opening up your wallet and paying more money for a new phone.
    Ultimately, this is the best solution. Many people on here are complaining but the reality is that WhatsApp announced this long ago then extended twice if memory serves me correct.

If BB10 users have been left high and dry, it's been WhatsApp since they don't allow outside development of third party apps with compatibility. No outside entity can force WhatsApp to do anything with their product from OS perspective and BB10 customers are too few to make WhatsApp care.
    10-30-17 06:17 AM
    It's called opening up your wallet and paying more money for a new phone.
    Like Jessie J says in her song, Price Tag, " It's not about the money". Most BB10 fans will eventually go android but lacking WA will not be the trigger. Its is just annoying that WA said Dec 31 and are not honoring it on BlackBerry World. The BB10 cult will survive this-- lol.

BB, Still the One
    10-30-17 06:56 AM
    Like Jessie J says in her song, Price Tag, " It's not about the money". Most BB10 fans will eventually go android but lacking WA will not be the trigger. Its is just annoying that WA said Dec 31 and are not honoring it on BlackBerry World. The BB10 cult will survive this-- lol.

BB, Still the One
    You're wrong about that part. Many posters over the past year, since before the first "stay of execution" have said that losing WA will force them to buy a new phone, especially if the Android apk doesn't work either. When an app is someone's primary means of communicating to friends, family, and work, loyalty to a dead phone OS takes a back seat.
    10-30-17 07:13 AM
    If anyone is having issues with Whatsapp after downloading saying incompatible with device you need to delete it and change the devices date to a previous date,possibly june 2017 and play around with different dates within that month or any month. I did this in June and it got my Whatsapp working again because i had to re-load my OS and it cleared the Whatsapp and when i tried to re-register it said incompatible with device. I also downloaded the app while the date was changed and on the regular data network instead of Wifi.
    10-30-17 07:15 AM
    I updated my passport with autoloader to the latest 10.3.3.3057 and downloaded the whatsapp from BB world and had no problems to re register... is curious to read at the front saying is free for lifetime or something like that and then the expire date reminds you will stop dec. 31 bla bla bla.
    10-30-17 11:02 AM
    I updated my passport with autoloader to the latest 10.3.3.3057 and downloaded the whatsapp from BB world and had no problems to re register... is curious to read at the front saying is free for lifetime or something like that and then the expire date reminds you will stop dec. 31 bla bla bla.
    The app is still free.
    10-30-17 11:07 AM
    That's a stretch; I don't think HMD Global cares about Windows Phone or Symbian, so why should BB Mobile care about the legacy platforms attached to their name?
    If TCL were going to "care" about anything... It would have been the BlackBerry Android platform and the DTEK50 and DTEK60 which everyone knows they made. Along with BlackBerry's PRIV. It would have "looked better" if those devices had gotten Nougat and even OREO updates. Would be fewer enterprise customers with cause to questioning TCL's long term commitment to BlackBerry Mobile.

But BB10 or BBOS users problems... that doesn't interest them at all. They probable like to see BlackBerry shutdown BIS and EOL BB10 for one and all.
    10-30-17 11:29 AM
    If TCL were going to "care" about anything... It would have been the BlackBerry Android platform and the DTEK50 and DTEK60 which everyone knows they made. Along with BlackBerry's PRIV. It would have "looked better" if those devices had gotten Nougat and even OREO updates. Would be fewer enterprise customers with cause to questioning TCL's long term commitment to BlackBerry Mobile.

But BB10 or BBOS users problems... that doesn't interest them at all. They probable like to see BlackBerry shutdown BIS and EOL BB10 for one and all.
    The DTEKs are their problem now: the FCC has recertified them under TCL's grantee code, and BlackBerry Ltd. has already washed their hands of them. The problem is BlackBerry Mobile hasn't picked up their end of the bargain, since there's little mention of them on BlackBerry Mobile's website other than brief regulatory boilerplate.
    10-30-17 11:35 AM
    The DTEKs are their problem now: the FCC has recertified them under TCL's grantee code, and BlackBerry Ltd. has already washed their hands of them. The problem is BlackBerry Mobile hasn't picked up their end of the bargain, since there's little mention of them on BlackBerry Mobile's website other than brief regulatory boilerplate.
    It depends what their end of the bargain was.

I would imagine the agreement with BlackBerry involved tech support but not much else.
    10-30-17 12:01 PM
    I see your point but the anger in BlackBerry World is directed at BlackBerry and, as TLC is paying them to use the BlackBerry name, it indirectly reflects on them IMO. I guess, if I want to check out WhatsApp I will just wait until I get an Android phone. WhatsApp Android version is not on Amazon and I am not inclined to put the effort into a work around just to try it.

BB, Still the One
    LOL. That's like me saying I'm angry at my neighbor about his dog because an unrelated dog pooped in my yard. People can vent their anger on anyone they choose, but that doesn't make it rational.or productive.

Facebook decided to leave BB10 behind, first for FB and now for WhatsApp. They made a business decision, and you can be as upset as you choose about it, and blame whomever you like, but only Facebook can change the situation, and they probably won't.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-30-17 12:15 PM

BB, Still the One
    Not to mention that WhatsApp is poor platform choice if you care about your privacy or that of your contacts. Whether or not the messages are encrypted, all of your communications are logged by phone number, which means Facebook can build models if your social network for direct messaging outside of Facebook.

There are many better alternatives to WhatsApp, though many of them also don't work on BB10.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-30-17 12:20 PM
    It depends what their end of the bargain was.

I would imagine the agreement with BlackBerry involved tech support but not much else.
    Do still wonder about those brief webpages that showed up on BlackBerry Mobile for the DTEKs..... With as little as they do with their website, I can't imagine that was a simple "jumping of the gun". Especially as it's been two months since they removed them.

Think BlackBerry Mobile taking over the DTEKS support would have been a strategic move back in March/April of this year. At this point they are EOL product that can only be bought via 3rd party Amazon partners in the US. Not sure how much befit they'll get... once they actually take over support, as right now it still seems to be BlackBerry providing it.

But like with WhatsApp... you just never know.
    10-31-17 09:15 AM
    Do still wonder about those brief webpages that showed up on BlackBerry Mobile for the DTEKs..... With as little as they do with their website, I can't imagine that was a simple "jumping of the gun". Especially as it's been two months since they removed them.

Think BlackBerry Mobile taking over the DTEKS support would have been a strategic move back in March/April of this year. At this point they are EOL product that can only be bought via 3rd party Amazon partners in the US. Not sure how much befit they'll get... once they actually take over support, as right now it still seems to be BlackBerry providing it.

But like with WhatsApp... you just never know.
    BBMo financial situation may have deteriorated faster than expected or BB may not have been willing to pay enough to assume more level of support. The agreement could also have just happened later than planned too close to Motion rollout.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-31-17 09:21 AM
    Hi guys, please support and share this petition to keep supporting Whatsapp on BB10 OS. I think that once whatsapp is gone BB10 is gonna lose the last remaining userbase, sadly.

https://www.change.org/p/whatsapp-in...ackberry-10-os
    11-01-17 02:34 AM
    Hi guys, please support and share this petition to keep supporting Whatsapp on BB10 OS.
    Wow. 16 signatures in 3 weeks. That’ll really get their attention. 🙄
    11-01-17 09:18 AM
    Wow. 16 signatures in 3 weeks. That’ll really get their attention.
    Don't laugh. 75% participation rate is awesome. Something definitely to be proud of.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-01-17 09:51 AM
    There's a similar petition that was started 7 months ago.
    Only 3000+ signatures so far. Not looking good at all. 😔
    https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...rry-10-devices
    11-01-17 10:09 AM
    There's a similar petition that was started 7 months ago.
    Only 3000+ signatures so far. Not looking good at all.
    https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...rry-10-devices
    Does that mean we've lost 2900 BB10 users in 7 months?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-01-17 10:21 AM
    I'm still waiting for the X-mas update gift! I'm tired of the annoying pop up
    ColinsCity likes this.
    12-09-17 02:39 PM
    Why not switch over to the Android version? You get more features and you'll likely have to anyway in a few weeks.
    12-09-17 03:07 PM
    Sorry, not happening.

https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu.../#post13089027
    Invictus0 likes this.
    12-09-17 04:37 PM
    I'm not sure about that, if it stops we still have Android version :P

Posted via CB10
    12-09-17 08:32 PM
    Haven't we prepared everyone to move on by now?
    12-09-17 08:41 PM
    i for one wont continue using whatsapp if they kill the bb10 version. the android version sucks, and i dont need so bad as to put up with its shortcomings. ridiculous that they would disable a working app and give the finger to a large userbase.

Posted via CBX
    12-09-17 08:45 PM
    i for one wont continue using whatsapp if they kill the bb10 version. the android version sucks, and i dont need so bad as to put up with its shortcomings. ridiculous that they would disable a working app and give the finger to a large userbase.

Posted via CBX
    The implication from WhatsApp was that server-side changes would require significant re-coding of the BB10 app.

Clearly, they know what the user base is precisely, and have decided it's rather insignificant and not worth the developer time.
    12-09-17 08:53 PM
177 1234 ...