As i read post somewhere the blackberry native whatsapp is extending till year end 2019

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by neoteredakc; 10-29-17 at 07:16 AM.
    Qorax likes this.
    10-28-17 08:52 PM
    [citation needed]
    moonflyer and andy957 like this.
    10-28-17 08:54 PM
    Is your 0 key broken?
    10-28-17 08:56 PM
    Still says 2017 here, only Nokia S40 and older Android versions were extended beyond that

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/general/26000006/
    10-28-17 08:58 PM
    10-29-17 07:16 AM
    Wtf
    10-29-17 11:52 AM
    I heard 2024 myself. lost the link though.
    10-29-17 11:58 AM
    Well they really should still have a current functioning version on BlackBerry World. Read the hundreds of an angry ratings there from Z30 users etc. BB10 holdouts are turning against BlackBerry Mobile and Whatsapp , because of this, but I doubt if either Chen or Zuckerberg cares. TCL should care, though, as BB10 guys might avoid them when they migrate to Android.

BB, Still the One
    Lupin 3 likes this.
    10-29-17 02:57 PM
    Well they really should still have a current functioning version on BlackBerry World. Read the hundreds of an angry ratings there from Z30 users etc. BB10 holdouts are turning against BlackBerry Mobile and Whatsapp , because of this, but I doubt if either Chen or Zuckerberg cares. TCL should care, though, as BB10 guys might avoid them when they migrate to Android.

BB, Still the One
    What in the world does TCL/BlackBerry Mobile care about DropBox support on BB10?
    GPuba and eldricho like this.
    10-29-17 03:37 PM
    What in the world does TCL/BlackBerry Mobile care about DropBox support on BB10?
    The topic of this thread is WhatsApp (the version on BlackBerry World does not work on my Z30 as it is " older".) Dropbox works fine in the Android version from Amazon.
    TCL / BlackBerry Mobile presumably want BB10 users to migrate to their Android phones but users may be alienated when they were told WhatsApp would work on BB10 until Dec 31 but the version on BlackBerry World is old and is rejected when one tries to register an account with WhatsApp after downloading it ( not just me, hence all the angry reviews attacking BlackBerry) So, BlackBerry World and WhatsApp are hurting TCL future sales, many of which are former Bb10 users.

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 10-29-17 at 04:14 PM.
    10-29-17 04:02 PM
    I thought the topic of this thread was WhatsApp (the version on BlackBerry World does not work on my Z30 as it is " older".) Dropbox works fine in the Android version from Amazon.

BB, Still the One
    ...or WhatsApp, or any other issue with BB10.
    GPuba likes this.
    10-29-17 04:05 PM
    ...or WhatsApp, or any other issue with BB10.
    Well if BlackBerry loyalists like me get upset at BlackBerry or WhatsApp, for the broken Dec31 promise, we are not inclined to get a KEYone /Motion or to use WhatsApp either for that matter. After Dec 31, fair is fair as we had warning but it is Oct and they have an old version of WhatsApp, on BlackBerry World, that does not work for guys like me who wanted to try it out.

BB, Still the One
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-29-17 04:23 PM
    Well if BlackBerry loyalists like me get upset at BlackBerry or WhatsApp, for the broken Dec31 promise, we are not inclined to get a KEYone /Motion or to use WhatsApp either for that matter. After Dec 31, fair is fair as we had warning but it is Oct and they have an old version of WhatsApp, on BlackBerry World, that does not work for guys like me who wanted to try it out.

BB, Still the One
    So you think TCL - a completely separate and unrelated company - should step in and take ownership of an app issue on BB10? I'm confused.

And even if they did for some inexplicable reason, what could they do about it?
    BigAl_BB9900 and GPuba like this.
    10-29-17 04:31 PM

Didn’t the Dec 31 promise come from Facebook? And what exactly do you want TCL to do in this situation?
    10-29-17 04:46 PM
    The version on BlackBerry World still works as promised, if it doesn't it usually has to do with user related issues (enabled two factor authentication on a different platform, on an older version, etc).

Many of the one star reviews I'm seeing on BB World are simply asking for continued support or new features. I'm sure some users will skip BlackBerry as their next device because of this but I'm not sure what BlackBerry or TCL can do about that.
    10-29-17 05:00 PM
    Didn’t the Dec 31 promise come from Facebook? And what exactly do you want TCL to do in this situation?
    No, it was WhatsApp that said they would work on BB10 until Dec 31. When I, and apparently lots of others, especially Z10/Z30 owners, download it from BlackBerry World, you cannot activate it with WhatsApp as their server says it is an outdated version. BB10's BBW is still working, with even some new apps like Unmissable and renewed popularity of Browsie ( and I got 3 updates for other apps this week). So, TCL should tell their partner, BlackBerry, to smarten up and ask WhatsApp to give them a working BB10 version, as this situation is not exactly making us inclined to go with TCL's BlackBerry Mobile when the inevitable switch to Android comes for us.

BB, Still the One
    10-29-17 05:47 PM
    No, it was WhatsApp that said they would work on BB10 until Dec 31. When I, and apparently lots of others, especially Z10/Z30 owners, download it from BlackBerry World, you cannot activate it with WhatsApp as their server says it is an outdated version. BB10's BBW is still working, with even some new apps like Unmissable and renewed popularity of Browsie ( and I got 3 updates for other apps this week). So, TCL should tell their partner, BlackBerry, to smarten up and ask WhatsApp to give them a working BB10 version, as this situation is not exactly making us inclined to go with TCL's BlackBerry Mobile when the inevitable switch to Android comes for us.

BB, Still the One
    So, first WhatsApp is Facebook. So you’re saying it was WA/FB who made the promise.

So you want TCL to ask BB to ask FB to make good on their promise? Ok, but you do realize it’s up to FB to decide what they want to do about their own app?

Wouldn’t it be a lot easier for FB to just say the app is done? They extended the deadline already. Do they really want to make a new update for the last 60 days?
    10-29-17 06:17 PM

BB, Still the One
    They probably considered WhatsApp/BB10 users too insignificant to pay attention to anymore, especially with the expiry date just two months away.
    10-29-17 06:20 PM
    Do they really want to make a new update for the last 60 days?
    I see your point but the anger in BlackBerry World is directed at BlackBerry and, as TLC is paying them to use the BlackBerry name, it indirectly reflects on them IMO. I guess, if I want to check out WhatsApp I will just wait until I get an Android phone. WhatsApp Android version is not on Amazon and I am not inclined to put the effort into a work around just to try it.

BB, Still the One
    10-29-17 06:29 PM
    I see your point but the anger in BlackBerry World is directed at BlackBerry and, as TLC is paying them to use the BlackBerry name, it indirectly reflects on them IMO. I guess, if I want to check out WhatsApp I will just wait until I get an Android phone. WhatsApp Android version is not on Amazon and I am not inclined to put the effort into a work around just to try it.
    That’s the reason why BB went to Android, so that people like you can use these services like WA without having to waste time/frustration on all these workarounds. So yeah, get yourself a TCL/BB phone and nobody has to ask anyone for anything. WA is obviously completely committed to making their app work well on iOS and Android. They have billions of reasons to do it.
    Troy Tiscareno and GPuba like this.
    10-29-17 06:36 PM

I don’t understand what that has to do with tcl / blackberry mobile

BB, Still the One
    10-29-17 08:42 PM

BB, Still the One
    You can actually download it directly from WhatsApp,

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

CellNinja has also made a native app that simplifies the fix so you no longer have to mess around with command line.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/60005088
    10-29-17 08:45 PM
    but the anger in BlackBerry World is directed at BlackBerry
    and...
    ?
    What shall BlackBerry do about it, or can they? There's no leverage, and never was. WA tried. Gotta give them credit for that, but they know the numbers, and decided to bail out. BlackBerry is only culpable in that they came out with BB10 years too late, too beta, too stripped down, under-marketed, missing a competitive ecosystem, etc.

BB10 turned into a wonderful OS, that I used for years. Ultimately, the limitations grew to a level I couldn't accept anymore, based on my use. Many still find it awesome for their needs. The number will do nothing but get smaller, and there's nothing BlackBerry or TCL can do and break even to stop it.
    GPuba likes this.
    10-29-17 09:06 PM

BB, Still the One
    That's a stretch; I don't think HMD Global cares about Windows Phone or Symbian, so why should BB Mobile care about the legacy platforms attached to their name?
    GPuba likes this.
    10-29-17 09:14 PM
    An 'update' is available for all those BB10 users who have been left high and dry. It's called opening up your wallet and paying more money for a new phone.
    10-30-17 06:07 AM
177 123 ...