I have an unlocked Z30 that I got from ShopBlackberry. Every time CrackBerry says there is a new release for unlocked Z30s, I don't get the update until my carrier approves it.

It happens over and over again, and I'm now just trying to reach out to get some ideas as to why this is happening.

CrackBerry now says that 10.3.1.2708 has been official for unlocked devices for a while now. Is this true? I just got 10.3.1.1865 from Bell yesterday.
    04-09-15 07:29 PM
    When you're checking for updates, are you taking your SIM card out? SIM card takes priority over phone origin.
    04-09-15 07:40 PM
    I received the OS updates via BlackBerry Link and OTA to the current one on my ShopBlackBerry Q10 and Z10 and I didn't remove my AT&T sim card. Not always necessary... :-)

Bob

Posted via CB 10>Q10-SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576>Z10-STL100-3/10.3.1.2576 On AT&T
    04-09-15 08:17 PM
    I'm on Bell and the last two updates on my unlocked passport showed up when i removed the sim and connected to link

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-09-15 09:45 PM
    I have tried to remove the sim card, reboot, and check for updates before. But nothing showed up at that time. That said, I only checked via OTA and not via Link. Do you really think connecting to Link would make the difference? I suppose I could give it a shot.

I just assumed if I was on WiFi the unlocked phone should receive the latest update.
    04-10-15 11:47 PM
    I have tried to remove the sim card, reboot, and check for updates before. But nothing showed up at that time. That said, I only checked via OTA and not via Link. Do you really think connecting to Link would make the difference? I suppose I could give it a shot.

I just assumed if I was on WiFi the unlocked phone should receive the latest update.
    That's what I had to do: just check over WiFi with SIM card out, no need for Link. So I'm not sure why you're not finding the update. No harm in trying Link--with your SIM card out, I'd suggest.
    04-11-15 12:49 PM
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

This worked for me with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Zeridialous likes this.
    04-11-15 06:28 PM
    Thanks for the link. I did try that once before, except I also checked for updates while I was connected to wifi with the sim card out (odd that they don't specify doing that...). At the time, it didn't do anything.

I suppose there's the off chance that I already had the latest release, but it's so hard to know what's officially out when everyone on the forums always talks about leaks. I'm currently on 10.3.1.1865 (got an update last week) and I have no idea if this is the latest for unlocked devices.

The day I got the update was the day everyone else on Bell said they got an update too, which makes me believe it's still a carrier release.
    04-12-15 09:30 PM
    Thanks for the link. I did try that once before, except I also checked for updates while I was connected to wifi with the sim card out (odd that they don't specify doing that...). At the time, it didn't do anything.

I suppose there's the off chance that I already had the latest release, but it's so hard to know what's officially out when everyone on the forums always talks about leaks. I'm currently on 10.3.1.1865 (got an update last week) and I have no idea if this is the latest for unlocked devices.

The day I got the update was the day everyone else on Bell said they got an update too, which makes me believe it's still a carrier release.
    This is why we load up the latest. No matter what. It's official somewhere.

Not 10.3.2 though

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-12-15 09:46 PM
    Just an update now that 10.3.2 is "out". I still don't get the update even though everyone else who has Shop BlackBerry phones have reported getting the update almost instantly. Does Bell do some shady stuff that "locks" the phone to Bell's update mechanism while the SIM is in?
    06-03-15 09:42 AM