Someone was told by BlackBerry if you bought through shopblackberry.com unlocked phone, no need to wait for carrier. You'll get upgrade through BlackBerry. He said if you have turned on "Upgrade Automatically" mode, it will alert you when the time for upgrading.

Hi All,
    This is my first unlocked Blackberry, couldn't wait for AT&T to sell it and I wanted the Red PassPort.
    Anyways will I still receive OS updates on the AT&T network even thou my phone is unlock and a different model than the one AT&T sells?
    02-19-15 11:42 AM
    Maybe AT&T will push it out tomorrow when the BlackBerrys go one sale. I'm going to try Link.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it'd be kind of silly for them to launch the Classic on 10.3.1 and the "innovative" Passport on 10.3.0. Lol

Hopefully Bla1ze is right, and it's just a matter of BlackBerry hitting the switch for unlocked devices. Maybe they're just prioritizing their update servers for devices on carriers that agreed to it (prevent stalled updates and increased calls to those carriers' customer service lines), and will eventually open it up to the brave lone rangers sporting rogue unlocked devices in unfriendly waters.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-19-15 11:45 AM
    Someone was told by BlackBerry if you bought through shopblackberry.com unlocked phone, no need to wait for carrier. You'll get upgrade through BlackBerry. He said if you have turned on "Upgrade Automatically" mode, it will alert you when the time for upgrading.
    Clearly not the case, so far.
    02-19-15 11:45 AM
    I am in the U.S. with a Passport purchased from Shop Blackberry and running on AT&T. I have tried taking out the sim; I have tried using Chinese Unicom Sim; I have tried using Hong Kong PCCW Sim. all of these efforts shows I have the latest update. I have leaked 10.3.1.1581 and I am guessing that what is being released is below this leak.
    02-19-15 11:48 AM
    I just tried through Link. No joy.
    02-19-15 11:53 AM
    There's actually some debate about this now.. ShopBlackBerry purchased devices potentially could get updates direct from BlackBerry according to Micheal Clewley. However, after asking him directly, he's double-checking.
    Does this apply to devices only purchased via ShopBlackberry or does it also apply to unlocked devices purchase direct from Amazon as well?

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    02-19-15 12:00 PM
    Does this apply to devices only purchased via ShopBlackberry or does it also apply to unlocked devices purchase direct from Amazon as well?

Only ShopBlackBerry was mentioned.
    02-19-15 12:09 PM
    This just may be a staggered release based on location. I know that when Directv rolls out an update it is downloaded by location. Some times it can take several days for everyone to get the update.
    02-19-15 12:13 PM
    Clewey just tweeted that they have enabled 10.3.1 globally for shopbb and amazon bought phones, so hopefully it will show up soon.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-19-15 12:19 PM
    This just may be a staggered release based on location. I know that when Directv rolls out an update it is downloaded by location. Some times it can take several days for everyone to get the update.
    I think Directv is now owned by AT&T so future updates could take even longer. lol
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-19-15 12:21 PM
    I think Directv is now owned by AT&T so future updates could take even longer. lol
    Now that was funny...but maybe true.
    02-19-15 12:22 PM
    I got the update. I'm using a unlocked passport with O2. So probably you would get update directly from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:25 PM
    I'm with you OP, waiting to see for unlocked Passport on At&t.
    HI, what ver do you run now? if you don't mind .
    02-19-15 12:26 PM
    I got my passport 2 days ago, havent plugged in a sim yet. Tried updating through wifi, no luck still
    so, I am thinking this is rather a regional roll-out.
    02-19-15 01:02 PM
    02-19-15 01:04 PM
    I purchased my Z30 direct from BlackBerry, and have it running on B-Mobile in Japan (Docomo). Its unlikely I'll get a carrier update right away. Tried updating both with, and without the sim. Nothing.

I'm also not seeing any updates for the Z30 on Rogers, Wind, or Telus though Sachesi, with info saying the Rogers update will be out for the Z30 next week.

Makes me wonder if the official release for the Z30 has been delayed?
    02-19-15 06:39 PM
    Got an OTA update. On ATT using an Amazon Passport and in the US so have hope and keep refreshing that software update section.

Also my Mom with an Amazon passport on ATT in the US got it this evening and she's on another coast so it's not an isolated incident.

02-19-15 11:08 PM
    Hi All,
    Update: Received an update from Blackberry to SR 10.3.1.1581 OS 10.3.1.2267 Radio 10.3.1.2268 without the AT&T software. Nice! Running smooth, no flickering so far and loving it.
    02-20-15 09:40 AM
    Probably a gradual roll out so as to not overload the servers.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:15 AM
    Got it last night here in Maryland running two unlocked Passports on AT&T. Went ahead an installed it over two different leaked 10.3.1 versions (since they flickered anyway,.. I had nothing to lose).

OS seems fine after a 2nd restart.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:58 AM
    Got it last night here in Maryland running two unlocked Passports on AT&T. Went ahead an installed it over two different leaked 10.3.1 versions (since they flickered anyway,.. I had nothing to lose).

OS seems fine after a 2nd restart.

Posted via CB10
    What end up doing: reloaded an 10.3.0.Xxxx, then wipe let the update install. Then only restore everything but settings. So far working great.
    02-22-15 09:02 AM
    What end up doing: reloaded an 10.3.0.Xxxx, then wipe let the update install. Then only restore everything but settings. So far working great.
    Yeah I don't really have time to do all that (it would take hours of using crappy Link). I'll just... close all open apps and start over whenever it does happen,.. if it even does.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:10 AM
47 12