Is there a way to raise/lower the volume levels for my BlackBerry device for all apps?

When I have my volume level at maximum at the homescreen other apps still retain their volume levels. Raising the volume outside the application does not do anything. For example if I used the Video app and the volume was mid level, it won't go up when I raise my volume outside the application. I have to be in the Video app to change volume levels.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:04 PM
    Is there a way to raise/lower the volume levels for my BlackBerry device for all apps?

When I have my volume level at maximum at the homescreen other apps still retain their volume levels. Raising the volume outside the application does not do anything. For example if I used the Video app and the volume was mid level, it won't go up when I raise my volume outside the application. I have to be in the Video app to change volume levels.

Posted via CB10
    Check Settings | Main Volume. Is "Always Adjust Media Volume" on or off? If you have it off, the volume rocker will only adjust notifications volume.
    04-16-15 05:08 PM
    Check Settings | Main Volume. Is "Always Adjust Media Volume" on or off? If you have it off, the volume rocker will only adjust notifications volume.
    I checked and it's in the on position. I tested it by putting a video at max volume. I exit the video, put my phone in silent mode, opened up the video app, but the video was still full volume.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:17 PM
    I checked and it's in the on position. I tested it by putting a video at max volume. I exit the video, put my phone in silent mode, opened up the video app, but the video was still full volume.

Posted via CB10
    Silent mode is only for notifications on your phone like calls, texts, etc. It won't affect your media volume if you're playing a song or video afaik.
    04-16-15 05:46 PM
    Silent mode is only for notifications on your phone like calls, texts, etc. It won't affect your media volume if you're playing a song or video afaik.
    Correct. Media volume and notification volume are two separate entities; adjusting one should not affect the other. BUT adjusting the media volume in one app should affect the media volume in another app.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-17-15 10:33 AM