Is there a way to have 'online only' files using Connect to Onedrive / Box / etc?

I have photo/video sync enabled for both Onedrive and Box. When I look at data storage (Passport), I see multiple gigabytes consumed by both of these apps.

I'm guessing that a copy of every picture I take must be copied to both the Onedrive AND Box folders, in addition to the original file which resides in my Photos folder on the SD Card.

It would be much better if I could simply sync my photos to the cloud while retaining ONLY the original file. I don't have any need for local Onedrive file sync - I'm more interested in the idea of instant, automated off-device photo backup.

Is this possible?
    02-26-15 11:31 PM
    Have you tried to only sync when on Wi-Fi?
    02-27-15 03:24 AM
    I use Onedrive and it is setup to do photos and videos but it doesn't create another folder on my Z10 to store any copies. I just have the camera folder on the Z10 and up in OneDrive cloud-land I have Blackberry folder with a camera and a video folder that are sync'd.
    02-27-15 05:23 AM
    There are 3 Android apps Onesync, Dropsync and Auto Box Sync that will sync directly to your folders on blackberry. It takes a bit to set up and get them to use a folder you can easily find. They are free for one folder.

I've used onesync for month now and have had no problems. I put an icon on the homescreen that will go directly to the synched folder.

I do for 2 reasons: 1) Access is so fast and 2) you can go directly to the folder you want.

They are available on Google play, so you can use Snap to install
    02-27-15 07:28 AM
    Opps, I reread your post and realized I understood wrong.

Sorry
    02-27-15 07:29 AM
    Here is a screenshot of my device storage. Note the 6.7GB usage by Onedrive (I've already deleted and disabled Box sync which was reporting a similar number).

I believe this is because the photos uploaded to Onedrive are also synced to a local folder on the internal storage. The original photos are actually stored on my external SD. I want to disable the local file sync - there's no need to duplicate the file.

This problem will only increase over time since my external SD (128GB) is significantly larger than the internal storage (32GB). The whole point of storing photos to the external SD is to make use of the larger capacity. However, with Onedrive syncing to local storage, l will eventually run out of space.

And it will all be filled with duplicated files!

Unidirectional Sync (online only) Connect to Onedrive / Box / Dropbox-img_20150228_105711.jpg
    02-27-15 08:07 PM
    I believe logging off this app will released the memory. And logging back in won't increase it. But of course new files will consume memory again.

If you have the time, you can try it. If after logging off the memory doesn't go down. Delete the app then reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:57 PM
    I tried your suggestion and it worked!

After signing out, my Passport became essentially non-responsive for 10-15 minutes while the files were removed. Everything went back to normal once the files were gone, and internal storage now reports just over 20GB free.

It's not an ideal solution since I'll have to remember to periodically log off, but definitely manageable.

Thanks!
    02-27-15 10:01 PM
    Is there any possibility to access all photos offline and whatever is saved on my onedrive either through my mobile or something I saved directly through Web page

BB Z Ten | 2267
    02-28-15 01:40 AM
    Is there any possibility to access all photos offline and whatever is saved on my onedrive either through my mobile or something I saved directly through Web page

BB Z Ten | 2267
    Tap and hold on a folder > select "pin"
    02-28-15 01:50 AM
    Tap and hold on a folder > select "pin"
    Thanks FrankIAm for your reply and would that pinned folder will hold device storage?

BB Z Ten | 2267
    02-28-15 11:35 AM
    Thanks FrankIAm for your reply and would that pinned folder will hold device storage?

BB Z Ten | 2267
    Yes, they are saved on your device storage, and even become part of the native media apps (Pictures app if you have pictures, etc.)
    02-28-15 12:24 PM